main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Padmé's Fate [v4.0]

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Reflecting, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord2457

SithLord2457 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    it's going to be sad when she dies

2. Arielle-Sin-Seer

Arielle-Sin-Seer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 15, 2004
    I had a thought about Padme's confrontation with Anakin/Vader. There was a scene in ROTJ when Luke pleads with Vader to give up his hate. When Vader exclaims that it's"too late", Luke replies "then my father is truly dead." I could see Padme saying the same thing to Vader..."then my husband is truly dead." This would evoke such rage, especially since he did all this for her. He would feel that he lost her ...it would also give a special meaning to ROTJ?

3. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I have a question...

Why doesn't Luke asks Obi-Wan about his mother at some point in ANH like he asks about his father?

He asks Leia in return of the Jedi, but wouldn't he think Obi-Wan might know his mother almost as well as he knew his father?

4. JediPrettyBoy

Jan 10, 2005
  5. JediPrettyBoy

Jan 10, 2005
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

6. SithLordVader754

SithLordVader754 Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2005
    In ROTJ, Leia says that her mother died when she was "very young". If Padme dies giving birth, then how is that possible?

7. JediMaster77

JediMaster77 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Leia is force sensitive. So I guess her memory of her mother was just after she was born. Her thoughts come from what the force leads her to believe of her mother. She was very young could mean just born. Also, Leia is born a few mintues before Luke and Padme doesn't die until after Luke's birth, so there is a matter of minutes that she saw her.

(I'm just speculating here so don't flame me)

8. SuperShmi06

SuperShmi06 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2003
    jedimaster 77, you are completely right. these arent normal earthly babies. leia is force sensitive, so her memories are force-enhanced, so she can remember being held by padme. then luke is born, and padme dies. thus leia remembers padme, luke does not. i cant see any other way it could possibly work

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    This may be silly, but do you think that GL should edit ANH a little to include Shmi's grave at the homestead? She was buried not far from the house. Don't know, man. I know this really has nothing to do with Padme's fate but....

10. faubert

faubert Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 5, 2000
    Maybe Leia is able to have her memories of Padme because of the japor snippet.

Before dying Padme is supposed to give the japor snippet to Obi-Wan. What if he gives it to Bal and he gives it to Leia.

Its very possible that when Leia holds this object she gets a connection to Padme. She can sense how sad Padme was.

We could have a scene in the book where Obi-Wan hands the japor snippet to Bal and that would explain this whole issue.

11. atvrider

atvrider Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    [image=http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/deadpadme.jpg]

i have no idea if this has been posted elsewhere on the forums, it brought tears to my eyes [face_worried]

12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So this is obviously after the birth.....she still looks beautiful. Has there been any revalation regarding the cause of her death (force choke, broken heart, sidious, etc...)?

13. Darth_Caliginous

Darth_Caliginous Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2004
    Moved to this thread at the behest of the Honorable HookLineAndSinker...

OK. By now we have been spoiled to knowing basically the entire film and most of the juicy details about what happens, who it happens to and why. Having been on this board for the last year and now getting to the point where we have actual dialog, images and today's huge drop of scans from the graphic novel I am left scratching my head about one detail and I think I may have the answer.

We've known that Padme is hurt badly by Anakin with either a force choke or a force push or a combination thereof. There have been arguments that the choke kills her, or it's the injuries compounded by childbirth. There is also the "she dies of a broken heart" theories. All of these have obvious merit.

There is one other possibility that I think bears consideration. She is killed by the power of the Dark Side of the Force itself. Anakin's rage is so pure and so uncontrolled when he unleashes it at Padme that she is totally unable to withstand the ravages that pure evil causes. I think it is something akin to when Sidious is disfigured by his own Force lightning being thrown back at him.

Since she is not trained in the ways of The Force, when that much pure evil energy courses through her, it is too much for her to be able to recover from. That is why the medical droids tell Obi-Wan &co. that they aren't sure why they could not save her, that her injuries were not that severe....

Will there be a line addressing this? Yoda perhaps saying something like "Too much rage for her he had. Survive she could not."

Thoughts? Comments? Random Blurtations?

14. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    She does not die from the choke !!!. Do I have to explain she lives through the duels goes on the ship and eventually delievers a baby. You don't die from a choke an hour after it happens. If you want to argue she was injured after she hit the ground, but the force choke did not kill her. Impossible. The broken heart is what does her , except it

15. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Padme loses the will to live, thus she dies from her heartbreak cause of her beloved Anakin who has become evil and a Sith. I'm guessing that Leia stares at her once she's born and again when Padme dies... though i hope padme gets the chance to hold her and then she dies. :(

16. Iceman_X

Iceman_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    quick Question there was a Spoiler or a Quote A While back that says something about Padme DOES NOT just sit around but she does not wrestle a Nexu Either what does that mean will she fight ????

17. Iceman_X

Iceman_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    ???????

18. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    No, she has no action. "Not sitting around" can mean a few things, like leaving a safe place to head to a dangerous place like Mustafar.

19. Arliss

Arliss Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Padme dies.

20. nicole414

nicole414 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    then why does Padme's toy carry a gun?

21. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    All action figures have accessories and the Padmè one is no different. Just because her action figure has a gun doesn't mean we'll see her use one in the movie. The screenplay doesn't have her using a gun at anytime, so don't count on it. She's on Coruscant the whole movie until the end when she goes to Mustafar, so no action and no gun.

22. Excalibur_0514

Excalibur_0514 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    I did a search looking for this answer but couldn't find it, maybe someone can help me on this.

How far along is padme, I mean, she didn't look pregnant in the trailers, assuming the Star wars universe is a 3 trimester bit like real life, she would have had them around month 2-3 the way she looks, after all we're talking twins here, people who have twins show earlier than normal. How did the babies survive at such a low development...technology, the Force...or bad storytelling? Babies are basically 1-2 lbs around the first month or two, I haven't seen pics of the twins after birth, but it would seem strange if they looked like normal full grown babies after 9 months.

Anyone?

23. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    She should be around seven months. It might be on the official site under her profile.
    She's pregnant with twins, babies are viable at around five months as long as the lungs work.
    Natalie is naturally tiny and only seven months therefore she does not look like a whale in Ep. 3.

24. Jumpman

Jumpman Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I think it's 8 months...

25. Jedi_Master_Grover

Jedi_Master_Grover Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    Padme should have known better then to show up at Anakin's work and start mouthing off. Anakin is Sith Poor White Tatooine Trailer Park Trash, she should have known he would start beating her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.