main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL THREAD: Plane Crashes into World Trade Center

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Anakin2001, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gupta-veSa

gupta-veSa Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    heh, i found out about it because of this thread. i tuned in on tv just in time to see the second tower hit. what a day. i can honestly say if it weren't for 9/11 i probably wouldn't be in the military right now....

2. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    I heard a plane hit the towers when I was in school. ( 7th hour ) I rushed home and turned on the tv in shock. I taped all the live footage,

3. Luke_Skywalker_12

Luke_Skywalker_12 Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 11, 2002
    I was in my shop working on a door. Since the whole building were I work at has a radio, I was listening to some soft rock music. All of a sudden the music stoped and a newsreporter came in saying that something horrible was going on in NYC.

When I was hearing this tragedy, I stoped my work and listened to what he was saying. I remembered that instant, that my cousin worked in the Twin Towers. I was hoping that he will be okay.

The terror was that the news reporter said that terrorists had been crashing into the World Trade Center. It was horrible to hear all of this.

A week later, I had gotten news in my mailbox that my cousin was not found and he was missing. He didn't make it. 911 is a day that us Americans will never forget :(

4. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Im sorry, Luke :(

5. SPACEMONKEY20

SPACEMONKEY20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001

aw man..... I'm sorry about your cousin. :(

6. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    When I saw this thread title it was enigmic, sent chill's up my spine. :(

<[-]> Saber

7. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I was at school, in my eith grade Algebra class. One of my friends came in and said planes hit the WTC and Pentagon. I didn't believe him, but my teachers husband, who happened to be my science teacher, came in and was talking to her. She turned on the tv, and we witnessed live pictures of WTC and Pentagon buning. The tv was on for 10 seconds and she turned it off and said,"All right, we've got Algebra work to do.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I just woke-up when it happened. I was angry and sad, but not very surprised.

9. DARTH_CONFEDERATE

DARTH_CONFEDERATE Jedi Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    I was furious, if I was old enough to join the military I would have done it right then, and I plan on doing it when I graduate. I knew who did it, binladin, I just couldn't remember his name. I think everyone knows it now.

10. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Date Posted: 9/11/01 7:50am Subject: RE: Plane Crashes into World Trade Center
    This is just unreal. As for WW3 predictions, I doubt it. We're not going to attack a nation without adamant proof, and I'm sure every other nation is behind us.

God, I wish this was still true. Sadly, I can't believe that a lot of countries fell away from support of America as a result of this, look at IRAQ for example.

I am just proud that my country, AUSTRALIA, fought with AMERICA during the continuing war against terrorism.

AUSTRALIA has been, and always will be, a true brother of the USA.

11. Storm5

Storm5 Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2000
    I disagree but I don't think we should discuss that in here. :)

12. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Date Posted: 9/11/01 7:54am Subject: RE: Plane Crashes into World Trade Center
    ladies and gentlemen, i think we are witnessing the JFK of our generation.

Darth_Dagsy, and like JFK, sadly this is now being turned into conspiracy theories...

13. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I've just been reading through the first few pages of this thread... 2 years on... it's still incredible that it actually happened... I remember that I saw the front page of the paper, and thought "Oh my God..." Then at school for the next month, we all sat watching what was happening on TV... I was in Year 7... and it was really shocking...

14. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Date Posted: 9/11/01 8:44am Subject: RE: Plane Crashes into World Trade Center
    I didn't make a damn thing worse, I'm just throwing out ideas.

Here's another idea: What are the chances this was orchestrated by our own government as a way of starting a war to boost the economy? What if Bin Laden works for GW?

Interesting comments looking back.

I am not saying that the attacks were orchestrated by the American Government, however, there has been documentary proof that the Bin Laden family and the Bush[/i]family[/i] have done business together previously, particularly the oil industry.

15. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    i think there's also proof that the Bin Laden family is very very large and most of them hate being related to osama.

16. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Date Posted: 9/11/01 11:09am Subject: RE: Plane Crashes into World Trade Center - Date Edited: 9/11/01 11:12am (1 edits total) Edited By: Genghis12
    Ginger...
    Someone should have told them that before they declared it.

The war has already begun and has been waged against us for many years now. To save the most innocent lives, the United States must end all ability for those to wage it against us now and forever. It neither about justice nor revenge nor morality.

It is about ending a threat to the security of the country. Not only those who are responsible for this need to be stopped, but those who will be responsible for anything else must also be stopped.

I have never read a more truer post...

17. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Gath: That's what scares me.

18. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    Sorry but Muslims believe that they are the true people of God, which is an error because they are descendants of Ishmael which was NOT the blessed child of Abraham the true son of Abraham which was blessed by God to be the first of a generation of the People of God was Isaac, from which the Jews come from, that is the reason for fighting in Jerusalem and Israel and why the muslims are fighting to keep that nation, which biblically does not belong to them, therefore the god they believe in, is a copy of the real God, but all the teachings are from an erroneous interpretation of scripture that was taken out of context to give them the reason for what they believe, so in other words the god that they believe in is really wishful thinking for the real God.

I agree wholeheartedly.

19. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    :( Gath . . . please stop. I'm not even a Muslim, and I find that offensive. A Muslim could in all honesty say much that same thing about Christianity: it's wrong, erroneous, Jesus was a prophet but not really the Messiah, Allah's the one true God and previous interpretations are faulty, and it would be no less stupid that what you just quoted.

Or the Jews could do the same: The messiah is a political figure, a king. Not God. For Jesus to suggest he's God is utter blasphemy. Who is he to say he can forgive sins, and to walk around changing God's laws?

These are all religions, based on faith, and none is more valid than any other, and that post you just copied is just terribly stupid, thoughtless and offensive. That's exactly the kind of inflammatory rhetoric that keeps people so upset with one another.

20. The Gatherer

Aug 2, 1999
    What do you mean 'please stop'?

I didn't write that post in THIS thread, all I said was that I agreed with it.

Is that a crime, or against the so called rules to say that you agree with someone else's POST / OPINION?

21. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    It is unneccessary to up this thread Gath. Be mindful of the sensitives of the diverse people on the boards, many of whom may of been closely or deeply affected by the tragedy of 9/11.

Using this thread as a platform to insinuate more of the same old racist rhetoric is both demeaning to the gravity of the issue itself and to you.

Leave it be, and let this baby sink once more.

22. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I must get around to saving this thread.

23. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Geez Gath, what is your problem??

I take back my apology in the other thread.

24. Darkwish

Darkwish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2001
    I just found this thread. I thought it was kinda creepy and interesting to look at our reactions two years ago when this event happened.

25. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    I was just thinking about this thread and thought, "Hey, why not up it?".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.