main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Qui-Gon and Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by CodyMonKenobi, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    well I posted a thread a few days ago and since then I've seen about five threads a day about the same thing so I got permission from Darth Sapient to make the official one and here it is anything you want to discuss about Qui Gon in Ep. 3 you can do it right here

2. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Well lets start it off with:

Starlog Magazine (issue #300) interviews George Lucas. Here's a few interesting highlights from the article relating to Episode III:
    Lucas on Qui-Gon Jinn?s voice in Episode II:

STARLOG: And isn?t that Qui-Gon Jinn?s [Liam Neeson] voice we hear during Anakin?s attack on the Tusken Raiders who killed Shmi Skywalker [Pernilla August]?
    LUCAS: That?s a fan thing, isn?t it? It?s actually more than that. It?s a plot point. All I can really say is that you?ll find out [more] in the next film. If you thought really hard, you would probably be able to figure it out, but it really is a set-up for the next film. It?s connected with the whole ability to be brought into and become a part of the Force, but still be able to retain YOUR ability ? which, up to this point, Anakin couldn?t do. We talked to Liam about [recording new dialogue], and we went back and forth [about it]. This [dialogue] is something we already had [from Menace]. Next time will be a little more complicated.

Just to try and get this going, does anyone think that his voice will be in the movie or will he be a Jedi spectre?

3. Tony_A6

Tony_A6 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2002
    QGJ is NOT Sifo Dyas

4. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I'm hoping for a spirt that would make it more like the OT IMHO

5. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    QGJ is NOT a Sith, Dark Jedi, or traitor!

6. Kai_Halicon

Kai_Halicon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    My theory is he'll appear to Anakin (or we'll at least hear his voice again) at the penultimate moment where young Skywalker is about to turn to the Dark Side.

7. Nuntius

Nuntius Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    I think it would be cool to see Qui Gonn (Anakin's first father figure) and Palps (Anakin's eventual father figure) have a war of words over Anakin. They could be like the angel and the devil on his shoulder, trying to get him to go to their respective sides. It would be so dramatic to see Anakin turn on Qui Gonn. That would be the ultimate stab in the back. Qui Gonn was the only person (other than Shmi) to truly believe in Anakin.

8. Mon_Mommy

Mon_Mommy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    It sounds to me like we will actually *see* Qui Gon in Ep III, I get that from where George says that they tried to get Liam Neeson to come in and record the "No Anakin" but used old stuff but it'll be more tricky next time. Obviously it'd be harder to have a visual of someone and not know that it was from TPM.

9. Chaplin

Chaplin Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 1999
    I think we will see Qui-Gonn in the next one. The ability to retain his essence could well be the last lesson of a master to his padawan (Obi-Wan, who uses the trick in OT). It would be another great way to tie up the 2 trilogies.

10. SifoYodaDyas

SifoYodaDyas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    The whole "being mindful of the LIVING FORCE" is a major clue as to how one can retain his identity after he becomes one with the force. Though, I'm not sure if this was something he learned on his own, or something Dooku might have taught Qui Gon. I'll guess and say Qui Gon had his own unique style of being a jedi. Being more concerned about the here & now of the force, than the future of the force.

11. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    OK Spidey

That deserves an explanation

12. Nuntius

Jun 25, 2002
    I hate to say it, but I think the whole PT would have been better if Qui Gonn was the one to survive the duel with Maul instead of Obi Wan. Of course I know this couldn't have happened b/c of the OT, but Qui Gonn had much more character than Obi Wan. Plus there's no way QG lets Anakin fall.

I think it is pretty much safe to say QG will have a role in EP III. How big of a role and what role is up to speculation.

All I can say is that the more the better.
    (Hard to tell I'm a Qui Gonn fan huh?)

13. Mowzy

Mowzy Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2002
    We will se Qui-Gon...

When Anakin kills the Tuskens
    "Anakin Anakin" Qui-Gon
    "NOOOOOO!" Random Tusken Raider's last word

14. mjerome3

mjerome3 Jedi Knight star 6

May 11, 2000
    I believe we will see Qui-Gon Jinn for one reason and one reason only: according to the Attack of the Clones novel, Yoda hears Qui-Gon's voice as he is feeling all of this pain, death, and suffering. The novel states that Yoda felt Qui-Gon Jinn shouldn't be able to retain consciousness after death like that and he knew for a fact that it was Master Qui-Gon's voice he'd heard.

So, out of all the Jedi whoever lived, Qui-Gon could very well be the first to retain his consciousness after death. And he teaches Yoda and Yoda teaches Obi-Wan how to do it.

My 2 cents.

15. Nuntius

Jun 25, 2002
    Maybe Anakin consciously or unconsciously willed Qui Gonn back in spirit form. It is not hard to tell that in TPM Anakin is close to Qui Gonn. Perhaps after the loss, Anakin fiercely wishes that Qui Gonn was still alive. Unknowlingly to him, his immense force potential allows Qui Gonn to maintain his identity.

just a theory

16. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    I kind of hope Qui-gon speaks to Anakin, but actually appears before Obi-wan. I feel like it would be nice if Obi-wan is there for Luke in Episode IV just like Qui-gon is there for him in Episode III.

17. Dagobah_Y

Dagobah_Y Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    If QGJ returns as a spectre, would he know that Palpatine is Darth Sidious?

18. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    what makes you think that I haven't seen any thing that makes me belive that they become all knowing

19. JavenSkyWalker

JavenSkyWalker Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2002
    ROTJ Luke goes to see Yoda
    Luke:Master Yoda you can't die.
    Yoda:Strong I am in the force,but not that strong.
    GL said that Yoda hearing QGJ is a plot point and if thought out it would make sense.

20. Smokey0442

Smokey0442 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    Spiderman, thats a great theory man! but if Qui-Gon were to appear in the flesh, wouldn't he do something productive? like kill someone evil?

21. SenatorGoauld

SenatorGoauld Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    I agree that it is possible Obi-Wan and Yoda were dead the whole time in the OT.
    Owen Lars insisted Obi-Wan was dead, and didn't want Luke to go there. Yoda's line about luminous beings and crude matter could hold some significance.

22. bountyhunter2999

bountyhunter2999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Just think about how much the movies' story would change if Anakin was Qui-Gon's padawan instead of Obi.

23. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    I don't see it happening that IMO would be stupid to say that Ben and Yoda are both dead in the OT it has to be something else and you can't use EU as proof for your theroy (sp?)

24. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    Oh I didn't know that sorry, I still hope it doesn't happen though I would rather he came up with some other explanation

25. CodyMonKenobi

Jan 29, 2001
    Just thought of something when Luke is talking to Ben about R2 looking for Obi Wan he says
    Luke: "I think my uncle knows him... he said he was dead"
    Ben: " Oh he's not dead ... not yet"
    so it couldn't be Lucas would just take to much bashing over this and I don't see it happening I'm not ruling it out completely but I can't see why he would do this it's just to contrdicting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.