main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Quick random ROTS questions.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DARKSTARFISH, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

banthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2005
    do you think kit fisto died from palitine?

2. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    No, not from palitine. Palpatine killed Kit Fisto, though.

3. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005

no, Kit Fisto died from a lightsabre to his chest by palpatine, "palitine" (is this a drug or something?) probably had nothing to do with his death, but since I don't know what "palitine" is, then I guess it's possible.

4. lorn_zahl

lorn_zahl Jedi Master star 4

Oct 19, 2002

Why didn't Anakin go to Utapua with Obi wan. Palpatine suggested Anakin lead it though with Obi in the lead and him still going, it would smooth things over.

More time away from the Chancellor the better right?

5. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Actually it?s the other way around. The less time Anakin spends with Obi-Wan, the better it is for Palpatine. Palpatine knew that the Jedi Council wouldn?t let Anakin lead the opposition to Utapau after just being appointed to the Council against the Jedi?s will (The Jedi also didn?t want Anakin to leave because they still needed him to ?spy? on Palpatine). When Palpatine told Anakin that he should?ve gone to Utapau instead of Obi-Wan, he was trying to make Anakin feel that the Council is excluding him, not noticing his talent.

Palptine wanted Obi-Wan to go by himself. That way, he can really lure Anakin to the Dark Side without the interference of Obi-Wan.

6. harrison13

harrison13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2004
    would you have found ROTS even more enjoyable if it had more things form the OT. Star Destroyers, Imperial Shuttle, Storm troopers marching on jedi temple. Don't get me wrong I loved ROTS, but how cool would it have been to have the star destroyers from the OT and thea Lambda-class shuttle to pick up anakins burnt body.

7. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Technically, you did see all of those things in RotS, just as precursors. It was important to have the precursors for all of those things in RotS because there is still a 20 year gap from RotS to ANH for those ships and troopers to take the shape of the ones we all know and love in the OT.

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
  9. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    does anyone remember reading an article that stated Plageous was dead before sidious came into being.. not trying to prove this theory.. just trying to see if anyone else remembers reading this in either a book or article discussing the subject/movie

10. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    When Organa is called back to the Senate Yoda says that with the emergency session of Congress (or however it's worded) taking place it should be easier for him and Obi-Wan to get back into the Temple. Why is this?? The Temple is'nt being guarded by Senators... right?? Any thoughts?

11. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I think he is refering to Palpatine, if he's in the Senate making his speech. Then he will not be worrying about Jedi getting into the Temple. Also thers probably less clonetroopers guarding the temple. Ther probably at the senate making sure that there is no problems.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

12. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Because everyone?s focus will be away from the Jedi Temple. The main focus will be on the meting of Congress inside the Senate. All Obi-Wan and Yoda would have standing in they?re way from getting inside the Jedi Temple are Clone Troopers, which for them, is not a problem at all.

13. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    That makes perfect sense, but it begs the question: Do Yoda and Obi-Wan know at this point that Palpatine is behind what just happened?

14. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I don't know about Obi-Wan but at the time I do think Yoda senses it.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

15. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Do Yoda and Obi-Wan know at this point that Palpatine is behind what just happened?

I don't think so. I think it's actually finally made aware to them from the surveillance video. They find out together about Palpatine and what happened to Anakin.

16. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    O.K. so as for my original post why would the emergency senate meeting make it any easier for them to enter the Jedi temple?? As a side note, it really does'nt anyway, considering the clonetroopers they have to go through... which I guess did'nt really hold them back too much.

17. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Just like we said before. There was no one around to see them land or give them any resistance with the exception of the Clone?s. Most everyone was inside watching and listening to Palpatine form the Republic into an Empire.

Exactly. Now you're 'gettin it.

18. Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi

Obi-Wan_Ken-Obi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 28, 2005
    Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ki-Adi Mundi, Agen Kolar, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, Eeth Koth and the vacant seat that Anakin would assume. Who is the twelth?

19. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    The Council in RotS is: Mace, Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kit Fisto, Agen Kolor, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Stass Allie, and the one Ongree Jedi Master that you referred to in you?re first thread that looks like Pablo-Jill from AotC. Eeth Koth isn?t in RotS.

It?s funny, I never knew the one ?unnamed (Ongree, Pablo-Jill look-alike) Jedi? sitting next to Anakin. His name is not on the OS Databank.

20. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Yeah, I'm sorda slow sometimes... [face_whistling]

21. MonkeytheJedi

MonkeytheJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2005
    **Edited** You should take that to Fan Films or the Fan Trailer thread in here if it's ROTS related and TOS friendly. :)

22. LordVader66

LordVader66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    honestly i never understood when palps told anakin after he turned to the darkside that "if the jedi knew what happened here they will kill us...ALONG WITH ALL THE SENATORS" and anakin replies "I AGREE, THE NEXT MOVE WILL BE AGAINST THE SENATE" if some one could explain that exchange i would be greatful because it doesnt make sense to me

23. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Coleman Kcaj. From this Set Diary.

24. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Just to put it very simply, Palpatine's trying to make Anakin believe that the Jedi are set out to overthrough the Republic. Anakin believes this because he walked in on Mace with his lightsaber to Palpatine's throat. It was an awkward moment to walk in the room because he had no idea what had transpired, so he thought Plpatine was right, that the Jedi would storm right in and try to kill him.

Thank you. :)

25. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    In the scene on the Star Destroyer as Vader is walking towards Palps and Tarkin it seemed to me that his cape was CGI!! Was it?? I won't be getting my DVD back till tomorrow, but did anyone else think it looked kinda.... well, CG?? And if it was, WTH?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.