main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Quick random ROTS questions.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DARKSTARFISH, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    It looked just fine to me. And you can't use that particular acronym as per orders of the owner.

2. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Sorry 'bout that. I thought I had seen that acronym used here before. I don't wanna buck the system!:) Anyway, I guess it was the way the light was hitting the cape? Or I'm beginning to see CG in shots where there is'nt any? I hope not.:(

3. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    No worries.

And perhaps it just means that the CGI is so good these days that it's getting harder and harder to tell what is real and what isn't... [face_mischief]

edit - After watching it again a bit more closely, I do think it looked a bit shiny. :p

4. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    When Obi-Wan and Yoda find the slaughtered Jedi, Yoda pionts out that the youngling was killed by a lightsaber and not a blaster to which Obi replies "Who could have done this?". This line alludes to Obi thinking a Jedi must have done this.... or else don't you think he would have just assumed it was a Sith (Darth Sidious specificlly, 'cause he knows Dooku is dead) and would say something like "Darth Sidious must be stopped" (or "Darn Sith!"[face_beatup]) or something?? The line just makes me think that he immediatly assumes it was a Jedi. Now we know that Yoda seems to have a heavy connection to Anakin and always feels his eruption of emotions, but Obi-Wan never seems to or else I guess he would immediatly have said "Anakin has turned" or whatever. Any thoughts??

5. Squishy_Vic

Squishy_Vic Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2004
    I just say Obi-Wan was in denial about Anakin turning to the darkside, trying to block out that idea, or not WANTING to take it into consideration. I mean, they were like brothers, so he said. How could he have not felt his downfall? That's also why he wanted to look at the holo recordings- he wanted to prove that it wasn't Anakin who did it (to himself), but he did expect the worse.

Thats just my 2¢.

6. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Thanks, that sounds good to me. It is hard to believe Obi-Wan would'nt feel something the way Yoda does. Your 2 cents is worth more!

7. Darth_Pazuzu

Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2005
    Maybe this is a totally stupid question on my part.
    But what exactly is Palpatine looking at just before Anakin arrives to inform him that Obi-Wan has engaged General Grievous? It's obviously a holographic chart of some sort, but I could never quite figure out what exactly was depicted on it.
    Someone once said it was the Death Star. Is this true?

8. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    I think it is, but I don't know the official answer. Quite frankly I'm not sure why I have'nt pause/zoom that scene yet. Be back after I have! P.S. There seems to be a large group of people who say it is Mustafar. I prefer to think it's the Death Star though! Makes more sense too.

9. simon-the-ewok

simon-the-ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    I think it may be Utapau. It seems to be the #1 thing on Palpatine's mind with finding and killing Grievous.

10. Headphonekenobi

Headphonekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Does anyone know where R2 ends up at the end of ROTS? It seems that he could be in Obi's Jedi Starfighter or with Bail but Obi seems to have no recollection of R2 in ANH so I am curious.

11. Master_Shaitan

Master_Shaitan Jedi Master star 5

Dec 31, 2004
    Does anyone know where R2 ends up at the end of ROTS? It seems that he could be in Obi's Jedi Starfighter or with Bail but Obi seems to have no recollection of R2 in ANH so I am curious.

He goes off to Alderaan to serve Leia with 3PO. He later works aboard Leia's personal ship, Tantive, which is where we see him in ANH.

Are we sure kenobi doesnt recognise him? ;)

12. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    [image=http://www.fantascienza.com/cinema/guerre-stellari/media/030.jpg]
    "Come here my little friend. Don't be afraid."

It's always seemed to me that he knows R2 very well. He's just not ready to let this on to Luke just yet.

13. Headphonekenobi

Headphonekenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Good point! I guess I need to watch ANH again;)

14. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    As we've said many times, Obi-Wan isn't ready to tell Luke everything. So he tells the truth from a certain point of view. He never owned a droid and that is true.

15. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I just love the idea that Obi-Wan recognizes R2, and vice versa. All those little moments that connect the trilogies together make me feel all warm and fuzzy. :-B

16. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Indeed. So-called plotholes only exist if you have absolutely no power of deduction / improvisation, etc I'm pretty confident I could explain everything people don't get, or want to get, in very simple believable terms.

17. TheCRZA

TheCRZA Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2005
    Try as though I may, I cannot make this connection during this scene.
    Before the PT, I would have said that Ben had never seen R2 before in his life,
    not an elaborate setup around Luke.

In fact, doesn't Threepio say of R2 in ANH something along the lines
    that "these new astromech droids can be a little flighty"?
    Rather incongruous commentary to make about a droid that's been around
    at least 20 years...

18. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    He says nothing of the sort.

He says the astro droids can be quite out of hand and illogical.

19. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Was there dialogue edited out of this exchange?

Mace: "You have lost!"
    Sidious: "No, No you will die!"

To me that's kinda like saying:
    Sue: "Good morning, ya want some eggs?"
    Bob: "I have a blue pen."

??

20. UltIMatEEviL

UltIMatEEviL Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    several clones kill her...and keep killing her...and keep killing her... i think they carried on shooting until thier was nothinggg left

my question is:

what was the exact order 66?

and why did the jedi allow it to be programmed into the clones?

21. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005

22. Imperial_Hunter

Imperial_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic." I would imagine that there was an Anakin clause in the order so that the 501st didn't shoot him first!

The Jedi were not responsible for the initial order of Clones, Syfo-Dyas was, and he had the Kaminoans program this into the Clones during their training/conditioning.

Didn't anyone inquire as to where this "Darth Vader" suddenly show up from?

23. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Palpatine programmed the clones to, *palps voice* "Execute order 66"

the jedi had no idea of it.

24. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Everyone besides some of the Imperials thought that Vader was just a side-kick that the Emperor picked up. Tarkin knows who Vader really was and as ANH shows, some other Imperials knew as well.

25. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Who?:confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.