main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Quick random ROTS questions.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DARKSTARFISH, Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMN77

JMN77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Anybody? Anybody??

2. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    But, isn't that just EU crap, sithrules70? [face_beatup]

It has been stated time and again by official sources that the clones moved to obey Order 66 without question not because they were programmed to do so, but because they had been trained to obey every order they receive without hesitation. The clones had not been brainwashed to kill the Jedi. They had simply been brainwashed to obey their orders, whatever they may be. There was no programming. Just drilling.

3. NO_RED_LIGHTSABER

NO_RED_LIGHTSABER Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2005
    At what point does a NEW sith receive his red lightsaber. I am wondering why after Anakin was named Darth Vader why he was still using his blue saber.

4. MithrandirVader

MithrandirVader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    I lean toward the explanation that there simply wasn't time for Anakin to build a new lightsaber in ROTS. Anakin had to storm the temple quickly to keep the element of surprise, and since his blue one was perfectly functional there was no reason to delay this move for Anakin to build a new lightsaber.

5. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Apologies to tomo123 who just started a thread asking about the Walkers on Kashyyyk.
    I think I gave the wrong answer to his question - which I edited out, just before the thread was locked.

This is the vehicle I think you were refering to: AT-AP

The other, smaller walkers are the AT-RT's

6. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Is it just me or in the Cinema did Dooku say the line "Just because they are 2 of you do not assume you have the advantage"? And no this line is missing.

Or is that from AotC?

7. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    I think this line is in the ROTS video game. I think. Some of the actual film footage/dialogue in the game were alternate shots/dialogue.[face_peace]

8. lrdmonarch

lrdmonarch Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2001

Plus it gives you the feeling that until the end there was still a chance for Anakin to turn back, but all was lost.

9. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    The other answers are correct, yes, but I just wanted to throw something else in there too. EU says that Sids gave him a synthetic crystal later and he made a new saber with it. The important thing to remember is that they are not mood rings and they aren't a gift for turning (unless you consider the video game to be canon with it's alternate ending, which I don't). Dookoo simply changed his crystal since he still had his saber, but of course Vader had to make a whole new one. And I hate to underanalyze, but the red simply wouldn't have shown up well on Mustufar either, and that does make a difference since it's a movie and there is precedence (Luke in ROTJ) for it to be a determining factor.

10. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005

Exactly. I found it interesting it wasn't programmed....but it's been confirmed It wasn't...period.

11. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    I really don't do EU, but I did read Dark Lord. In that book it stated that Transdosians(sp?) are from Kashyyyk. My question is:
    Is that a recent development, or have Bossk and Chewie always been from the same planet?

12. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
  13. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Thank you DarthSapient.
    Now I gotta ask.... Does the EU universe contradict itself often, or is this one of a few exceptions?

14. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    Yes, since RotS came out the EU has been warped.

Is it possible that Sidious found Yoda's Saber?

15. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    It's possible, but I don't know.
    I like to think he did. Be a neat trophy!
    I wonder why Yoda himself did'nt grab it? Was'nt it on the floor right where he landed?

16. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Trandosha is in the same system as Kashyyyk.
    Shortly after the Empire was formed, Palpatine rescinded anti-slavery laws established by the Old Republic.
    The Trandoshans had a history of hunting their neigbouring Wookiees for sport, but during the age of the Empire they enslaved the Wookiees en masse.

I don't know precisely what it says in Dark Lord, but it could be refering to the fact that Bossk was A) from the Kashyyyk system, or that B) he was based on the planet Kashyyyk following the end of the Clone Wars, as part of the slave trade.

17. JMN77

Sep 19, 2005
    Right on!

It just said that Trandoshans were 'planet neibors' with
    the Wookiees, as The Empire was enslaving them (Wookiees).

18. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    :confused: In episode 3 some of the jedi are given Lightsaber rankings. Do Jedi have Lightsaber rankings in the movie? Or is it some that is just used offscreen:confused:
    I have been wondering about this for a long time.

19. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    i despise the EU so no,its not EU is simply what i think it happened.the clones are suposed to follow orders without question but why palaptine's unless he did something ?.if they were just following what palps said and not being programmed to do it then they jedi could have simply said "dont do it".

if they were just doing what palps said how the hell did they know what order 66 was ??

is not in the movie.that was just a way gillard used to explain who is superior to who and stuff like that

20. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    The Kaminoans made the army for the Republic, and Palpatine is the leader of the Republic, so it makes sense to me that the clones would see him as being at the top of their chain of command.

EDIT:
    I think it was taught to them as part of their training, sort of in the clone textbooks, if you will. Like Adm Thrawn said, it was drilled into them.

21. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    and how did they know what order 66 was unless it was prepared ??

22. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    Did George Lucas make up the levels or are those rankings of what Nick Gillard thinks who is stronger then who?:confused:

23. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    im not sure...why you ask ??

I think it was taught to them as part of their training, sort of in the clone textbooks, if you will. Like Adm Thrawn said, it was drilled into them.

so they knew what order 66 was about and you in your right minds say that palpatine had nothing to do with it ?!?!?!

24. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    It's something Nick Gillard came up with to give himself a frame of reference when designing the lightsaber duels, based on comments Lucas made (but not meant to be a strict interpretation of Lucas' comments) - I think.

And sithrules70, I answered your other question in an edit after you made edits to your post above mine.

25. Obi-Wan-1000

Nov 11, 2005
    I was just asking about the Lightsaber rankings because I never heard George Lucas using them and I do not see them in books and I do not hear about them in the movie, I only thought that thier were only midichorian counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.