*OFFICIAL THREAD* ROTS DVD Information

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Official Site.

"It's been a wonderful Summer of Sith, and I'm pleased to be able to tell you that we have more Sith to look forward to this Fall," said Sansweet. "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith will be released on DVD later this year."

Though exact details regarding content and release date are yet to be revealed, Sansweet did drop some hints as to what to expect. "You can expect many of the features that we've had on our past Star Wars DVDs, including an engaging commentary from those most in the know, a brand new long-form documentary, and a load of shorter documentaries that will take you behind the scenes and show you the making of Episode III."

Sansweet shared with the audience one of the eagerly anticipated deleted scenes. As with the Episodes I and II DVDs, George Lucas has overseen the completion of several scenes cut from the theatrical release of Episode III. The one shown at Comic-Con is one that can be definitely appreciated by a fan audience, for it chronicled the birth of the Rebel Alliance.

"It takes place in Senator Bail Organa's office, and we meet Senator Mon Mothma, who, as we see in Return of the Jedi, is the leader of the Rebel Alliance."

Here is a couple of paragraphs from an article about the Star Wars Spectacular at Comic-Con on the OFFICIAL SITE.Steve Sansweet made the presentation at the Star Wars Spectacular he is Lucasfilm's head of Fan Relations. Also if you're a HYPERSPACE member you can watch a two-part video showing behind the scenes of ROTS that will not be included in the DVD called "The Journey."

This is an official informational thread now. Discussion of what you want will be on a separate thread. It will be updated again as more details surface.

Official Anouncement from Starwars.com

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/news20050725.html

Nov 1: Experience Episode III on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II
    July 25, 2005

This November 1st will be a landmark day for fans to celebrate the saga with two major releases in Star Wars home entertainment. The explosive and emotional finale to the saga,Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, arrives on DVD and Star Wars Battlefront II, the sequel to the most successful Star Wars game ever, arrives on Xbox, Playstation 2, Windows PC and Sony PSP formats.

Lucasfilm and Fox Home Entertainment present a two-disc set for the Revenge of the Sith DVD, with uncompromising picture and sound mastered directly from the original digital source material. The DVD will include a brand-new full-length documentary produced by Lucasfilm Ltd. as well as two new featurettes -- one that explores the prophecy of Anakin Skywalker as the Chosen One, and the other that looks at the movie's amazing stunts. A 15-part collection of Lucasfilm's groundbreaking web documentary series, Making Episode III, will also be included in the set. A two-level playable demo of Star Wars Battlefront II is also included on the DVD.

"Revenge of the Sith gave audiences an extraordinary experience, and we want this DVD to do the same," said Jim Ward, Vice President of Marketing and Distribution for Lucasfilm Ltd. "From the beginning of production, George wanted to be sure we chronicled everything that went into the making of Episode III specifically to create an incredible DVD experience. This DVD has literally been three years in the making, and it's going to be a fantastic way to complete the Star Wars saga at home."

Here's the cover art:

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/video/img/20050725_2_bg.jpg]
  2. WitchKing66 Jedi Master

star 4
    do u know if its going to be in the movie or as a deleted scene
  3. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know read the paragraphs from the article I posted that's all I know.
  4. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Thats cool news. :D

A word of advice, though, when quoting articels on other sites you really should provide a link. :)
  5. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I know but it was such a long adress so this was easier. I guess I'll try to put a link up soon.
  6. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
  7. DARTH_CHINA Force Ghost

star 5
    It's from the official site. It has been up quite some time, I was surprised nobody posted this stuff earlier.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/img/p5_2_bg.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/img/p5_1_bg.jpg]
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/community/event/con/f20050712/img/p5_3_bg.jpg]

Anyway, we really need an official DVD thread from now on. :)
  8. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
  9. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4
    No ROTS DVD cover art yet :(

Or Clone Wars Volume 2 news :( :(

Deleted scene with Mon Mothma though :)

Wishing it was in the film :) :D
  10. X-Liqiud-Blade-X Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you G-FETT

i want qui-gon jin and yoda conversation !:_|
  11. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    It would be interesting to get some reports of whats in the Hyperspace video THE JOURNEY! I don't have Hyperspace now, so it would be cool to see what thats about. :)

Disappointing that they haven't revealed what the cover art will look like and the exact day of release. :( Maybe we will hear more later? :)
  12. DARTH_CHINA Force Ghost

star 5
    It's likely the cover art hasn't even been finished.

We got the AOTC DVD cover art & details around the first week of August. I guess we can expect a similar date for the ROTS DVD. :)
  13. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    There is Clone Wars Volume 2 DVD NEWS and News about the New Clone Wars 3D Animated Series just click the link a post or a few posts above yours.
  14. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Took a few minutes, but I've updated the first post.
  15. DarthHutt Force Ghost

star 5
    It was awesome to listen to that deleted scene on the AudioCast...it made me look forward to the DVD even more.
    I have to admit that it almost brought a tear to my eye to experience new ROTS 'stuff'.
  16. Darth_Harmon Force Ghost

star 4
    DarthHutt, at what time point is the deleted scene in the audiocast?

I saw the CW Volume 2 news finally. Years end, commentary by Genndy and team and a few features. My guess is Christmas release after ROTS, not before.
  17. Death-Vader Jedi Knight

star 3
    ^^^^
    It's at about 36 minutes in and it's great.
  18. Tyranus22 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If they don't give any info on a PT DVD Boxset I'm going to crack up!!! We all have an idea of what will be on the ROTS DVD, when it'll be out etc. What I REALLY want to know is - will we get an updated TPM with fully CG yoda, as part of a PT Boxset release??!!
  19. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I thought they would have something on a PT Box Set or a Complete Saga Box Set but I think they may release the Complete Saga Box Set for the 30th Anniversary in 2007.
  20. Ceethreepio Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw the two videos that won't be on the DVD last night, it was ok, basically it is Rick embarasing George and stuff.
  21. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder what other Deleted Scenes will be included and for those of you who have listened to formation of the Rebellion deleted scene was it really good and do you think it would've fit into ROTS nicely?
  22. Jango10 Force Ghost

star 5
    I can't wait for the cover!
  23. Mr_Fantastic Jedi Knight

star 2
    HEAVY SPOILER!

Mods if I wasn't supposed to post this here delete it. I have to disconnect.

This could be ancient too, but you never know
    81 INT. CORUSCANT-BAIL ORGANA'S OFFICE-DAY

PADME, BAIL ORGANA, and SENATORS MON MOTHMA, FANG ZAR, TERR TANEEL, and GIDDEAN DANU sit in Senator Organa 's office.

BAIL ORGANA: Now that he has control of the Jedi Council, the Chancellor has appointed Governors to oversee all star systems in the Republic.

FANG ZAR: When did this happen?

BAIL ORGANA: The decree was posted this morning.

PADME: Do you think he will dismantle the Senate?

MON MOTHMA: Why bother? As a practical matter, the Senate no longer exists.

GIDDEAN DANU: The constitution is in shreds. Amendment after amendment . . . executive directives, sometimes a dozen in one day.

BAIL ORGANA: We can't let a thousand years of democracy disappear without a fight.

EVERYONE looks at each other, a little worried at the implications of what was just said.

TERR TANEEL: What are you suggesting?

BAIL ORGANA: I apologize. I didn't mean to sound like a Separatist.

MON MOTHMA: We are not Separatists trying to leave the Republic. We are loyalists, trying to preserve democracy in the Republic.

BAIL ORGANA: It has become increasingly clear to many of us that the Chancellor has become an enemy of democracy.

PADME: I can't believe it has come to this! Chancellor Palpatine is one of my oldest advisors. He served as my Ambassador when I was Queen.

GlDDEAN DANU: Senator, I fear you underestimate the amount of corruption that has taken hold in the Senate.

MON MOTHMA: The Chancellor has played the Senators well. They know where the power lies, and they will do whatever it takes to share in it. Palpatine has become a dictator and we have helped him to do it.

BAIL ORGANA: We can't sit around debating any longer, we have decided to do what we can to stop it. Senator Mon Mothma and I are putting together an organization . . .

PADME: Say no more. Senator Organa. I understand. At this point, it's better to leave some things unsaid.

BAIL ORGANA: Yes. I agree and we must not discuss this with anyone, without everyone in this group agreeing.

MON MOTHMA: That means those closest to you . . . even family ... no one can be told.

They ALL nod their heads. PADME considers this for a moment.

PADME: Agreed.

116 INT. CORUSCANT-CHANCELLOR'S OFFICE-SUNSET

PALPATINE listens to a delegation from the Senate, which includes PADME and five other Senators: NEE ALAVAR, FANG ZAR, MALEDEE, SWEITT CONCORKILL, and MON CALAMARI. ANAKIN stands to one side of PALPATINE.

PALPATINE: I understand your reservations completely, Senator, and I assure you the appointment of Governors will in no way compete with the duties of the Senate.

PADME: May I take it then, that there will be no further amendments to the Constitution?

PALPATINE: I want this terrible conflict to end as much as you do, My Lady, and when it does I guarantee an immediate return to democracy . . .

PADME: You are pursuing a diplomatic solution to the war, then.

PALPATINE: You must trust me to do the right things, Senator. That is why I am here.

FANGZAR: But surely . . .

The Chancellor turns on FANG ZAR.

PALPATINE: I have said I will do what is right, that should be enough for your . . . committee.

PADME: On behalf of the "delegation of two thousand," I thank you, Chancellor.

PALPATINE: I thank you for bringing this to my attention, Senator.

PADME gives ANAKIN a frustrated look, then turns and exits with the other FIVE SENATORS. PALPATINE turns to ANAKIN.

PALPATINE: (continuing) Their sincerity is to be admired, although I sense there is more to their request than they are telling us.

ANAKIN: What do you mean?

PALPATINE: They are not to be trusted.

ANAKIN: Surely Senator Amidala can be trusted . . .

PALPATINE: These are unstable times for the Republic, Anakin. Some see instability as an opportunity. Senator Amidala is hiding something. I can see it in her eye
  24. DarthWolvo23 Jedi Master

star 4
    as it says in the signature...

"OFFICIAL MEMBER OF THE REINSTATE QUI-GON JINN'S VOICE INTO R.O.T.S CAMPAIGN"
  25. RevantheJediMaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you guys expect a Complete DVD Saga Box Set to be released and what other deleted scenes do you think will be included in the ROTS DVD?
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.