*OFFICIAL THREAD* ROTS DVD Information

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Mr Bungle Jedi Master

star 4
    anyone else having problems with getting this to work with DVD-ROM? Is this some new anti-piracy technology? It's awful.
  2. fireresq7 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the replacement of TPM Yoda for a future TPM release has been common knowledge for a while.
    The CGI replacement was done in preparation for and during ROTS production.

Ok is there any links to back this up? And if so, will they change Jar jar!!??Make him less annoying??
  3. Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Sheesh, what happened to the good old days when people had integrity and just took your word for things if you seemed like an amiable chap...?

:p

From a press release, pertaining to an ROTS press conference:
    "Rob Coleman confirmed that the animation department at Lucasfilm has replaced the Yoda puppet from the original version of the film with a digital Yoda. This was done to better match up the look of the Yoda from The Phantom Menace with that of the other two films of the prequel trilogy, as well as with the Yoda from the original trilogy. This change has been, for the most part, welcomed by fans, in contrast to the original puppet Yoda as seen in The Phantom Menace.
    A preview of these changes can be viewed on the Revenge of the Sith DVD when it is released on November 1st. The clip is included as part of "The Chosen One" featurette. When Coleman announced the change, he didn't, however, specify when the revised version of The Phantom Menace will be released. It is expected to be in an upcoming prequel trilogy box set, however."

It is also confirmed on page 156 of JW Rinzler's Making of ROTS book, and anyone who has the ROTS DVD has now seen the damn thing (although a still of the CGI Yoda was up on the OS months ago too).

Any changes to Jar Jar Bink's nature, dialogue and actions in any of the PT films is, IMO, highly doubtful.
  4. CousinofGrievous Jedi Knight

Is there anyway to access dancing yoda if you are playing your DVD on your computer...my guess is no but if anyone has any bright ideas, let me know!
  5. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Good question. I don't know that answer. If you have an account on the Official Site, you may want to ask there or at least browse it now to see if this was asked and already answered.
  6. anthony808 Jedi Padawan

I used Handbrake to rip it right to my hard drive.

http://handbrake.m0k.org/
  7. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    In prior DVD's you right clicked, went to chapters and clicked on Chapter 3 I believe.
  8. LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling

star 5
  9. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    [image=http://www.sithclan.net/SC4/write_access/depot_images/news/rots/mfalcon.jpg]
  10. LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling

star 5
  11. JediMaster22 Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Something was given away for FREE, and people are already trying to make $30 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Episode-III-DVD-ROTS-TARGET-EXCLUSIVE-COIN_W0QQitemZ6448340204QQcategoryZ617QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[face_plain]

Ok, nevermind that's DVD included,

$10-$13

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stars-Wars-ROTS-Target-Exclusive-Coin-LE-EP-III-3_W0QQitemZ6575220617QQcategoryZ98027QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  12. The_Random_Menace Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm sooo happy it's out... now i have to get the others lol... never got the chance to buy em...
  13. DARTHMATTY Jedi Master

star 1
    I have been unable to get the Yoda Easter Egg(I admit I am new to this) I am trying this with an XBox player. I keep reading peoples instructions to press "11" than "3" than "8". My XBox does not have "11". I have just been pushing 1 1 3 8. What am I doing wrong? I am going to Options and than putting it on the THX Icon.
  14. GreyMarble Jedi Padawan

I have been unable to get the Yoda Easter Egg(I admit I am new to this) I am trying this with an XBox player. I keep reading peoples instructions to press "11" than "3" than "8". My XBox does not have "11". I have just been pushing 1 1 3 8. What am I doing wrong? I am going to Options and than putting it on the THX Icon.

I'm not sure how the xbox player works but I got these dvd easter eggs from this site: ROTS_DVD_EGGS
  15. darth_grievous1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Si it jsut me or do the lightsabers on the DVD look brighter in shade than in the movies?
  16. DarthLassic007 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I bought ROTS on DVD last night at Best Buy. My DVD and DVD case are fine. Why are some people saying that their DVD case was bilingual? They might have bought it in France or Canada. Also, what is with all this "Charlotte" talk. The word "Charlotte" never came on my screen. Not that I'm complaining.
    As for the DVD itself, the movie looks and sounds fantastic. Lucas did a real good job.

17. spacerocker Jedi Master

star 4
    Try pushing the +10 or more than ten button and then 1138.
  18. DARTHMATTY Jedi Master

star 1
    Try pushing the +10 or more than ten button and then 1138

XBox Remote does not have that kind of button, it just have 0-9.
  19. DarkLordoftheSith14 Jedi Knight

star 1
    "Charlotte" was code name used by the DVD producer while it was in production. This was so it would stop piracy! Only the first batch of DVDs will have this. The Official Site just released an article on it!
  20. The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Knight

star 1
    Since you've seen the trailers, maybe you can help me. Here's the situation:

Okay, so tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's a defect with my disc, okay? *makes the infamous Skywalker puppy eyes*

I rushed over to Wallyworld to pick up RotS with the bonus Story of SW disc. Get home, pop in the second disc in the regular movie pack, so I can watch the deleted scenes. :) Do that, no problem. Then I checked out the Documentary and Featurettes section, and viewed the Stunts one and the Chosen One. Then, I headed over to Trailers and TV Spots.

Here's the menu:

Nostalgia Teaser Epic Trailer
    "A Hero Falls" music video
    Trailers To TV Spots Main Menu

Try as I might, I can't get Trailers to highlight, no matter how I punch the arrows on my remote. :(
    When I go to TV Spots, at the bottom of the left column, there's

To Trailers

When I go to that, it takes me right back to the menu as seen above.

Please help!?

Thanks in advance!

21. Grievous Jedi Knight

star 3
    Than do what I do:

Type "1" "1" right after each other. Then "3" than "8" alone. Pause after the "11"
  22. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    That's all how it should be. The "Trailers" screen is the one with "Nostalgia", "Epic", and the music video. You can't highlight it, because it's just the title. "To TV Spots" takes you, well, to the TV spots menu, and once there "To Trailers" takes you back to the trailers.
  23. mynameismyown Jedi Youngling

star 3
    two things different on dvd than in the theatrical 1) no wipe between obi wan stroking his beard and anakins hand clawing at the ground 2)you can see the worker droids hilighted behind anakin right before obi says 'i have failed you anakin'
  24. bobafettuccini Jedi Padawan

I need a list of the deleted scenes....NOW PLEASE!!! RAWR! i'm friggin waiting for the whole saga to come out together before i buy ROTS so i'm needin' some info!
  25. KILLER-CLONE Jedi Knight

star 1
    Right. So you're happy for those who've paid the cash to provide you the info for free.

i don't get these people. The DVD is sooo cheap. JUST GO AND BUY IT!

Here's another way you could get the info for free: try reading the thread.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.