main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* ROTS DVD Information

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wester547

Wester547 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Holy.... wha d'ya know? He's actually right! I just checked.

2. -ChewieLewie-

-ChewieLewie- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    yeah, so theres a d-fect with mai dvd 2. it has to do the acual movie itself (disk one). somtimes when i pop it in, it skipps the starwars dvd introduction and goes straight to the menu, but it only happens when I get the Courasant menu (Palps Office) That whole menu is messed up. There are no cool 3d transitions between the differnt parts of the menu. Or when im in the chapers section and i press on next batch of chapers, there is no transiotion where yoda jumps to the other side of the screen or anything, it just changes. Or when I press "Play Movie" nothing cool happens where palpatine flys off his seat and slashes at the screen or whatever, the movie just starts!! w/e my mustafar and upatua menus work fine, its just kinda sad i dont get to see every little detail on this dvd set. But overall its an awsome dvd. Better feauters than the last 2 movies, and the sound and picture is amazing!

3. The_Wookie_Girl

The_Wookie_Girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2005
    Well, thanks for telling me that. :) Really, that's poor design on someone's part. If "Trailers" is just the title, then it should have been in a larger font, and perhaps on the top of the screen. As it is, it's position and same font and sise is confusing, as that makes one think that it should be clickable. :(

Again, thanks for your help! :)

4. Darth_Lego_Maul

Darth_Lego_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Someone else posted the link to this info, but incase you (or anyone else) haven't seen it yet, supposedly if you are playing it on an XBox you hit stop while it is running then press 3 and enter and that should give you the easter egg. I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know if that actually works.

5. Darth_Sideous

Darth_Sideous Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I need a list of the deleted scenes....NOW PLEASE!!! RAWR! i'm friggin waiting for the whole saga to come out together before i buy ROTS so i'm needin' some info!

You do know that all of those extras probably won't be in the big box set, don't you?

6. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Would that work on a regular DVD player as well? While watching the movie press stop and hit '3'? I've been trying forever to access the bloopers on Ep1 and 2 and can't get it to work at all. Same with this one, though I've seen the dance already.

7. Master_Jedi_Singh

Master_Jedi_Singh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    Just went to my local HMV store and all of the people in the queue all had the dvd

8. BLACKJEBUS

BLACKJEBUS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I accidentally found the Easter egg when I started to play the movie, and I quickly tried to skip through the opening logos (like I do with the other Star Wars movies) by hitting my 'skip' button twice.

All of a sudden there was the rap and the troops standing around and I thought "what the hell is this?".

9. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    In prior DVD's you right clicked, went to chapters and clicked on Chapter 3 I believe.

Yep, thats where the blooper still is. Its VTS_03_1.VOB

10. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    The DVD-ROM features on the DVD rock! [face_dancing]

11. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I sped through TPM, AOTC and ROTS and each movie I got the Coruscant menu coincidentally.

I'm glad this is out as well. I've watched Anakin vs. Obi-Wan straight FFing the Yoda/Sidious duel about 10-20 times already.

The only minute gripe I have is the less than perfect transfer during Anakin's Fatal Decision and every scene in Palpatine's office. But other than that fine. Maybe it's the XBOX, but I can look the other way.

12. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    What's on it? :D I have yet to check it out...

13. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    A text commentary running below the movie (facts, like on those Star Trek movie DVDs, if you've ever seen them), and a scene by script comparison (basically the movie with the script running below it). The text commentary is pretty nice, I recommend you watch it. :)

14. Sidious-3

Sidious-3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    Very strange you guys...I was wondering...I bought the DVD it works fine, but everytime I start the DVD in never get the Coroscaunt Menu

Is it that I am not getting that menu by sheer luck?

I've tried to get the menu at least 4 times...

15. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    Funny, I've gotten that menu nearly every time I've played the DVD. [face_thinking]

16. Sidious-3

Feb 16, 2005
    Maybe it has something to do with me playing it on my PS2???.....Nah....

17. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I've gotten Utapau twice, Mustafar three times and Coruscant about 20.

But that's how all of the DVDS work

I get Coruscant, Coruscant, Coruscant, Tatooine, Hoth and Tatooine most frequent for each of the movies.

18. Sidious-3

Feb 16, 2005
    I just got Coruscant....Finally!

19. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Mustafar is the best menu. Because Mustafar rules.

20. TK-242

TK-242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
    When I go to DVD-Rom and I try and watch the script to screen feature, of the depth commentary, when I click play I get a message saying

"the shockwave movie has errors that caused the playback problems, please contact the author of this content regarding this problem, shockwave is unable to continue"

What is the problem here? I tried re-installing shockwave but that did no good.

21. Lumpawarrump

Lumpawarrump Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    Yeah who has gotten the DVD-ROM text commentary to work?
    Anyone??

22. Galaxie_Star

Galaxie_Star Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2005
    I'm still trying to make it work. By the way, they never added some AOTC and TPM things on the dvd web right?

23. MaceWindu_is_GOD

MaceWindu_is_GOD Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
  24. -Valkyrie-

-Valkyrie- Jedi Youngling

Nov 14, 2005
    Ack! Okay, I don't have time to read 121 pages to see if this has already been discussed, but is anyone having trouble with their DVDs and what I can best describe as what looks like someone bumped into the camera? Basically the screen shakes or jumps towards the beginning of the movie. It happens when Obi-Wan tells Dooku that Sith lords are their specialty, again when Anakin says he's gotten stronger, and it's at it's worst during the pause where Anakin's and Dooku's sabers cross after Obi-Wan is knocked unconscious. I've gone through 4 DVDs (3 from 2 different Walmarts and 1 from Best Buy) as well as tested them on 3 different DVD players and the apparent defect is the same consistantly. So, my question is, are these defects or are these 'bumps' supposed to be there, because I certainly don't remember them when I saw the movie in the theatre.

Thanks,
    ~Val

25. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    ^Don't worry, those bumps are deliberate. Anakin and co. are after all on a ship that's being bombarded in an attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.