main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* ROTS DVD Information

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RevantheJediMaster, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Very good stuff. I'm glad they're putting in a "long-form documentary"; I loved the one they had for TPM DVD. It's also cool that we'll see the cut Mon Mothma/Bail/Rebellion scene on the DVD, and those pictures look awesome. :cool:

2. Sithlord_kev

Sithlord_kev Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2005
    Hopefully we'll see Shaak Ti's death and more important Qui-Gon.

3. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I would really love to see the Nos Monster.

4. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    ::Begin Geek Out::
    The Journey video and SW Spectacular clip reminded me why some SW fans annoy me so much.
    Booing Ian McDiarmid because he's the villain and cheering Hayden was a bit odd. I would have cheered for Ian and clapped for Hayden, but not an all out cheer... though I have nothing against him. :)
    And the guy with the balls to tell Sansweet that the prequel scripts were terrible. At least Lucas has done something with his life, and the idea the guy's had sucked. Vote for the three directors? Why not just make a fan film, its the same thing.
    Oh yeah, and the lady complaining about the Twi'lek jedi's death. Whatever, at least the character didn't go out like Fett.
    ::End Geek Out::

5. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Yes, some fans are rather ungrateful. Even the older, more experienced ones.

6. Sithlord_kev

Feb 20, 2005
    who cares

7. Ogmios22188

Ogmios22188 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2004
    Way to not be a jerk ;).

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    What did Sansweet say when challeneged about the scripts and the other complaints?

9. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Guy: I think Episode 1 through 3, while their beautiful to look at and the stories are great, I think the scripts were absolutely horrible.

He then gives the suggestion of having fans vote on directors for 7,8 and 9. Of course, this doesn't solve his problem with the scripts as direction and script writer are two differant tasks. Stupid fans cheer him on.

Sansweet replied: Okay you made your suggestion...a little strange but... its a suggestion.

10. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Episode VII, Episode VIII and Episode IX? Hmm, he must be a believer of "he who shall not be named".

What is the audiocast that people are refering to?

11. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    You mean that guy??

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Thanks Darth_Harmon. Honestly, Sansweet and LFL must wonder why they bother sometimes. They could all just sit at home and count there $ rather than giving up their weekends to meet people like these! :rolleyes:

13. TheLightSide

TheLightSide Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2005
    The deleted scene of the "2000" certainly better explains Mace's action in wanting to kill Palpatine, instead of having him tried, during the great confrontation, with Anakin there as well.

It sits much better now, knowing that the Chancellor had already installed Governors, and issuing executive decrees, before his confrontation with Mace and the posse'.

14. Sithlord_kev

Feb 20, 2005
    Mister *cough*Suttle*cough*

15. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for that, I thought he was talking about Voldemort.

16. Sithlord_kev

Feb 20, 2005
    I don't know if your being smart, sarcastic or nice.

17. DavBacca

DavBacca Jedi Master star 2

Jun 13, 2002
    They need to release the whole saga boxset, that's what I'm holding out for, and they should have a feature to integrate the deleted scenes into the movie.

18. Tyranus22

Tyranus22 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    I think they'll release the Saga Boxset when ROTS comes out on DVD. I'd say they'll release Star Wars 3-D for the 30th anniversary. I'm hopeful that we'll at least get a PT DVD Boxset though, with fully CG yoda in TPM.[face_praying]

19. Buzzz

Buzzz Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    I thought Mon Mothma would be a lot look younger than she does in that photo. Since I always thought Mothma to be in her mid to late fourthies in ROTJ, which would put her in her early 20s in ROTS. But in the picture she looks as old as she does in ROTJ. [face_batting]

20. DarthTornado

DarthTornado Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2004
    Looks awesome so far. I'm curious as to when the cover will be released, but I'm expecting we'll know within a week or two (or maybe we'll even see it in that time).

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It the Saga box set doesn't happen in 2007, it'll happen once Lucas has determined which format to support. Blu-Ray or HD-DVD.

22. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Star Wars would have an awesome 30th anniversary if the complete Saga box set came out in 2007. The release of Star Wars 3D, the release of the Clone Wars 3D Animated Series, and possibly the release of the Star Wars Live Action TV Series that would be the best year for Star Wars probably ever. Maybe the Complete Box set will come out before or after the 30th Anniversary and maybe GL is waiting to see if HD-DVD or Blu-Ray is going to be more popular and to see which is better.

23. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    I thought there was a story on TFN that the saga box set was coming out when ROTS came out individually? Also, just a PT set? I assume I misread the story when it was posted.

24. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    My memory banks recall the same story.

ROTS DVD hits in November, in single copy, PT collection, or Saga box set collections.

But until we hear anything official....

25. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    Yeah you are not mistaken there was a story about that but nothing was confirmed about it on the official site so it's not official.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.