main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithcabob

sithcabob Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    Dude it has to be real or Napster won't allow it to be shared, plus it sounds like it was recorded in a screening.

2. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    Don't know if this is where I'm supposed to ask..but of those of you who ordered the soundtrack from swshop.com, do you know when we'll get it? Or have some of you already gotten it? Because after reading what you're saying about it...well, I can't wait to hear it. I haven't spoiled myself with any of the leaked files yet..;)

3. AHAMODE

AHAMODE Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Luke burning his father gets me every time.

4. JK33

JK33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Cancel your order and go to the store NOW, man.

It's definitely worth it.

5. sithcabob

Apr 26, 2005
    I just go the soundtrack this morning and this theme i found is also superb. I wonder why some tracks were leftout. Is it because of surprise.

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I like the soundtrack but I think someone, somewhere, doesn't want the soundtrack to be pirated. If you own the soundtrack, you'll know what I'm talking about. [face_plain]

Talk about ruining designs.

7. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Well, obviously yo ucan put fake stuff on Napster, because those two tracks (legit or not) are not on the official soudntrack, so it's not like Napster has an extensive screening process.

I thought the "I am the Senate" track was debunked a long time ago, then it seemed to be rejuvinated when someone found out that it wasn't straight from Nixon, then who knows.

I think it's very unlikely that these are legit files that somehow got leaked, but who knows.

8. JamanMosil

JamanMosil Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    Does the FBI logo really ruin the cover that much?

9. sithcabob

Apr 26, 2005
    You could be right, but i posted a fan trailer on napster and they took it down. So there is no reason to not believe its legit. As i said before it doesn't sound very clear. Which makes me believe that it was recorded at a advanced screening.

10. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Not the cover... but everywhere else.

11. JED1_KN1GHT

JED1_KN1GHT Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    The FBI logo is only on the back and the disc, once you take the plastic off its not on the front label

12. JED1_KN1GHT

Apr 20, 2005
    oh yeah, i got my code number for the bonus john williams interview...anyone want it PM me

13. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    Yeah, that Grievous track is absolutely fake. It sounds like something more from Alexander or something than a Star Wars movie. There are no familiar themes, and no familiar instruments even. That is not John WIlliams.

14. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Agreed-someone likely tagged the wrong title onto it. It happens all the time on download sites-free or not.

The admins at Napster probably don't know better than whether it is the actual track it is labeled as.

15. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    Two reactions to the Soundtrack:

1) I'm wondering why Across The Stars could not have been at least featured during Anakin and Padme's reunion or something, and..

2) What about Duel of The Fates? It would have been nice to hear at least a little of it.

Other than that I love it!

16. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Question about the soundtrack. I heard that there DVD with videos. Is this DVD with the soundtrack, or you have buy other disk?

17. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    It's in the soundtrack.

18. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    I just watched the DVD and the whole thing is basically emotionally moving and powerful in one way or another, but...

that whole montage of dialogue and scenes from the various movies when Luke is burning his father is absolutely breathtaking from an artistic standpoint. They picked just the right scenes and just the right pieces of dialogue to get me on the verge of tears.

When you hear Luke say, "There is still good in him." followed by Shmi saying "He can help you. He was meant to help you.", and then to top it all off you hear Obi-Wan say, "He's more machine now than man.", it just makes you want to break down and weap for both the sadness of the fact that Anakin falls as far as he does, but also for joy that he does finally turn back to the good side.

I am actually starting to like the way Anakin is portrayed in both TPM and AOTC. I am no longer seeing Hayden's performance as whining, but an ignorance that comes with innocence just before a huge tragedy.

I am a changed man; not just about any negative opinions about the prequels, but this has made me more aware of the fact that, just like my adopted daughter; that, my little girl, there are lots of kids out there who need a lot of prayer that someone will give them a home and at least attempt to steer them onto the right path.

19. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    1) I'm wondering why Across The Stars could not have been at least featured during Anakin and Padme's reunion or something, and..

Across the Stars is featured in the track Anakin's Dream. Its very subtle, but its there.

2) What about Duel of The Fates? It would have been nice to hear at least a little of it.

During the post notes on the OS when they covered the post-production of the score, Williams mentioned to Lucas that he was saving DOTF for the "big duel". Now, whether Williams was referring to Anakin/Obi-Wan or Yoda/Palpatine is unsure, but if Williams' plans have not been changed, DOTF will definately be heard in one of the duels at the end of the film. Its just not on the soundtrack.

20. Vaderbait

Sep 26, 2001
    I thought it was confrimed that DOTF played for the first half of the Duel (i.e. Yoda and Palpatine)? Or was this just someone drawing conclusions from that quote you listed?

21. Darth_Orlock

Darth_Orlock Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2004
    I hope posting about the bonus dvd is allowed, afterall it did come with the soundtrack...

anyway... i loved the bonus dvd, but i think the fact that they did not include relevent footage from E3 more in the segments was kinda lame. there are 6 movies now and to get the point accross about themes, all 6 should be cited, regardless of whether or not the film has been released. for all intents and purposes, htere are no more spoilers, the comics, novel making of, etc all clearly outline what is going to happen, and since this dvd is forever, it should have included more relevent footage from E3.

IMHO

22. YYZ-2112

YYZ-2112 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2004
    I just caught a glimpse of the video "A Hero's Fall". Wow that music is outstanding. I hope this is intertwined into the film well. It really is a highlight of everything I've seen and heard about the film.

23. i_love_watto

i_love_watto Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2005
    Sorry if this has been discussed, but does anyone know anything about the 2 versions of the opening track from RotS? The CD (and the itunes) version is 7:31, but there's one showing up on file sharing sites (limewire, for example) that's only about 5:50. It's not just an edit - the sequence of music in the track is completely different. Any ideas?

24. Rogue_Pilot

Rogue_Pilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2003
    As I understand the film version of the end credits does not include the "Force Theme March". Is this true? Rather disappointing (sp?).
    If so, how do the end credits play out in the film itself?

25. JED1_KN1GHT

Apr 20, 2005
    could someone who has seen the movie tell me in what scene the "immolation scene" is played

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.