main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    My copy just came in the mail today. I listened to the entire thing, it was great. The music didn't really stand out during the film to me, maybe I was just too captivated by the visuals. I didn't even realize how great the music was until I heard the CD.

Padme's funeral music nearly made me cry. It was sad enough for Qui-Gon, but that much worse for Padme.

2. dogbait

dogbait Jedi Youngling

May 11, 2005
    Can anyone confirm that track 7 - Grievous and the Droids has 'skips' in the beginning of the track between 00:16 and 0:23 through it?

3. JED1_KN1GHT

JED1_KN1GHT Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    after i listened to the entire thing a few times i kept playing 3 tracks over and over until my head hurt and my fiance made me trun it off:

1. battle of the heroes -- i love that haunting choir
    2-3. birth of twins and Padme's destiny/ A New hope and credits -- i listen to these in a row because they go so well together. i almost cry everytime i hear it but i havent yet. i know i will tonight though...oh man...its tonight...it just hit me again...tonight is the night...oh man...oh man...9 hours exactly!

4. Thanos6

Thanos6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 1999
    Which is the track that plays during Yoda and Palpatine's fight?

5. blackfire2015

blackfire2015 Jedi Master

Mar 28, 2002
    Is it me or was the opening sequence and end credits different in the movie? Personally, I liked the movies version better than the CDs. The whole throne room sequence in the end credits on the CD wasn't in the movie and the segway from Star Wars theme to the opening space battle sequence was much smoother in the movie and began with drums. Don't really like how the throne room sequence plays on the CD. Never recalled ever being done on any of the other soundtracks. Generally it's been straight from the movie.

6. Walter43210

Walter43210 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    I don't think the music from either of Sidious' fights are on the Soundtrack, I could be wrong though.... After seeing the movie though, Track 4, Anakin's Betrayal carries a LOT more weight, possibly my favorite on the thing.

7. Jager

Jager Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    The soundtrack seems a lot better once you've seen the movie. These themes really need context to give then meaning.

8. Jediflyer

Jediflyer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 5, 2001
    I could never remember Battle of the Heroes even after I had listened to the soundtrack for two weeks. It seemed so forgettable.

But since I have seen the movie, I can't seem to get it out of my head.

9. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    I havn't bought the CD, but judging from the movie my favorites:

When Grevious Lands on Utapau, with the choir singing. Awesome!

The Whole Jedi Purge Sequence had great music, very sad and dark.

Towards the End of the Anakin vs. Obi-Wan fight, when they are climbimg up the thing about to fall over the lava falls.

10. Ryno_vader333

Ryno_vader333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    At the very beginning after the words go down the screen,they show a stardestroyer and we can hear drum beats before the music starts,i wish that were on the soundtrack.

11. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I don't think it is in the RotS soundtrack but does anybody know the title of the music during the second half of the TEASER trailer?

12. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    I'm happy I listened to the soundtrack before I saw the movie. I love how it was put in the movie.

13. sithscotti418

sithscotti418 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2005
    I love trhe movie. I have called it the best fantasy film I hasve ever seen, so I am nit a basher, but I thought Padme's funeral music was somewhat of a let doqwn. I would hasve preferred a sad version of across the stars, since Lucas pulled the tragic love story. I am nitpicking , but if there is any flaw in the movie , its the music. The force theme during Vader/Tarkin/Palps? is another questionable choice.

14. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    Second half of the trailer is Anakin vs. Obi-wan off the Soundtrack. Severely edited. ;)

15. SithLordMolotov

SithLordMolotov Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2004
    One thing I'm sure all of you noticed is the music in the movie that was excluded from the Soundtrack. I'm very pleased with the score towards the end of the movie. I love that they used the "Qui-Gon's Funeral" re-recording for when Vader is being lifted on the table. I love that they used a version of that song for Padme's funeral, (with a female chorus) which I thought was great. And I LOVE the version that doesn't have a chorus that they play when Vader and Palpidious are standing with Tarkin on the bridge of the Star Destroyer overlooking the Death Star (which by the way, looks horrible)

Molotov

16. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    The use of the music during the progression of Anakin's turn is absolutely amazing. Instead of simply using action sequences, it is entirely moody and you can actually feel Anakin's dark side swelling. It ranks up there with "rescue from cloud city" and "the dark side beckons" and I would even say that it is much better than those.

17. Jedi_Katarn

Jedi_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    I don't have the CD, but my impression from the movie was not good. I think John Williams did a poor job on this soundtrack, by far the worst of any of the StarWars films. In fact to me it was Williams that kept this movie from being up there with the best of them.

Don't get me wrong because I loved the movie, definitely the best of the prequals. But this soundtrack was mostly just a remixing/re-editing of old StarWars themes, very sloppy. The new themes were pretty bland, even compared to the AOTC soundtrack, which I too thought was poor, there's no moving themes like there was in the Anakin/Pame love theme, or the Kamino planet theme.

Compared to other movies he's worked on recently, like Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, his work here was very sloppy, and If I were Lucas, I'd be very upset with his half assed effort on this film.

18. jediart

jediart Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2001
    Besr soundtracks

1-Tie-ANH - TESB
    2-ROTJ
    3-TPM
    4-ROTS
    5-AOTC

19. Boiiinng

Boiiinng Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 23, 2004
    Wow, I juts played the soundtrack beginning over the movie and I think it's a lot better. I know the quiet after the scroll is typical Star Wars opening music, but this really gets the heart pumping even before the Jedi Fighter come into view.

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
  21. DARTHPHYSICIAN

DARTHPHYSICIAN Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    I first saw the film on a Digital Screen at the Odeon Leicester Sq. London. At the birth of Luke & Leia scene I am sure I heard the Luke theme played when Luke is presented to Padme and the Leia theme when she is presented to Padme. I have just seen the film again in a non-digital cinema and did not hear these themes played until the scene where Bail/Yoda?kenobi are sitting around the table discussing splitting up the twins.

22. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I was so happy to hear the Rebel theme after R2 blasted away the Buzz Droid. :)

23. eatmyyoda7

eatmyyoda7 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    which track is used in the order 66 montage?

i thought it was four but if its not four than which is four used in?

24. JediNdaCity

JediNdaCity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 14, 2002
    eatmyyoda,
    it is track 4 that you hear in the montage.

I think I'm addicted to this soundtrack. I have to go to bed listening to it every night now and it helps me relax. It's such a masterpiece of movie music and what's different about this one from the other soundtracks I think is there are no real dry spots. Every track has something interesting on it and they're not too long, except the last one which desreves to be long. A+ work, Mr. Williams! What a way to go out...on TOP!

25. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Where was the music when the ship is heading down, the same music that was in the teaser trailer?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.