main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BENJAMINSKYWALKER

BENJAMINSKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Oct 24, 2003
    I've just seen ROTS again and Padme's funeral scene is so moving, it gets me every time :(. The music during it which is a variation on 'Qui-gon's funeral' is so poignant and sets the mood perfectly. The flute playing softly is a lovely touch and is almost representing the good still left in Anakin as the camera focuses on the jaipor snippet that he gave to her all those years ago on Tatooine. This film is so tradgic but it leaves us with a sense of hope with the constant use of the force theme at the end. And of course this follows on perfectly to Episode IV. Now I understand why all those scenes were cut out because the whole saga is about Anakin and this film needed to focus on his character which it did perfectly and has added so much more depth to that black armoured 'more machine than man' that is Vader who is now not only an intimidating character but also a tragic one and this changes the original trilogy completely in such a good way like the end battle between him and Luke, it's got so much more meaning now and ultimately we feel sorry for Vader and how 'he was deceived by a lie' and sold his soul to the devil to save the one he loved when ultimately it was he who caused her to give up on life. I have always loved Star Wars but although it's sad that it's over now, the saga is now complete and everything links up perfectly and like I said although it is the end of the Star Wars saga, it will live on forever in books, television, every type of media you can think of and of course in our hearts :D! May the force be with us, always!!

2. Boba-Fettuccine

Boba-Fettuccine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    All i can say is that i like how whenyou see bail and his wife holding little bitty Leia, you hear the Leia theme; and when you see Owen and Beru holding little bitty Luke, they play the Luke theme. it's just PERFECT

3. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    Where was the music when the ship is heading down, the same music that was in the teaser trailer?

It's not from the ROTS soundtrack. They actually took it from the Phantom Menace soundtrack. It's on the Ultimate Edition CD, track 28 (The Tide Turns/The Death of Darth Maul).

4. darth_sidious1

darth_sidious1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2002
    Just listened to the soundtrack. Anakin's Dark Deeds is amazing! I love the way its swells into a part from Duel of the Fates at the start and then it goes off in a totally different, more evil direction. The choir was just going insane halfway through.

On the CD, I found that in the last track, the change from the last piece of music in the movie to the start of the main credits sounded kind of awkward, but in the movie, it wasnt as noticable. Did anyone else notice this?

5. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I brought the soundtrack the other day, and it is absolutly awesome. =D=

I agree that Anakin's Dark Deeds is the highlight. Stunning piece of music. But, on the other hand, theres not really a weak piece on this albumn.

A couple of questions, I guess this has been discussed before, but if someone can confirm;

1. On track 6. Palpatines Teachings, does anybody agree that very briefly we get a reprise of the music from Shmi's death scene? Its only very subtle, but I think it's definatly there.

2. On track 8. Padme's Ruminations (haunting piece of music, BTW) After the lone womans voice has finished crying, very breifly, I think it reprise's Across The Stars, very lightly. Anyone else heard this?

6. WiSe_SitH_LoRd

WiSe_SitH_LoRd Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2005
    I've just buy the album and all the songs are the same... I think he took all the star wars music and mixed them together...Nothing new really.

7. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    i can hardly listen to Padme's Ruminations now without crying... and yes i hear Across the stars at the end too

8. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Firstly, they aren't songs, they are pieces of music.

Secondaly, I profoundly disagree. This Soundtrack is the most operatic, tragic and profoundly moving, of any of the Soundtracks. It's Williams best Star Wars work since ESB, IMO.

9. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Damn, I hadn't noticed that before... :(

10. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Pooja, what hadn't you noticed?

If it's Across The Stars in the middle of Padme's Ruminations, I'm not surprised, because it's soooooo faint. As soon as the woman has finished crying, turn the sound up full and put your ear next to the speaker, and you should hear it.

11. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I hadn't noticed Across the Stars... either that, or I had just forgotten. Anyway, I'm surprised no one else was seemingly excited when it played the Rebel theme when R2 owned the Buzz Droid. I actually cheered at the theater, and I think several other people caught on to why I cheered as well. :p

12. tjkac

tjkac Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    The first time I saw the movie I didn't really pay that close attention to the music, I was just trying to keep up with everything that is going on. But the second time, I really tried to focus in on the details, since I knew what was going to happen in the movie. To me, the musical score is one of the most powerful I have ever heard. This movie would be totally different without the music. The haunting nature of many of the different pieces just adds so much weight and intensity to this film. Personally, I think the musical score should be up for an Oscar, it adds that much to the movie for me.

I can't remember the last movie that I saw where the music made such an impact on me watching the film.

13. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Can someone help me place the correct order of these tracks to the movie? I'm not holding out hope for an "ultimate edition". But if anyone has heard anything, I'd love to know

Does this look right? The one I can't really place is Grievous and the Droids. Here's how I think it goes:

SW and RotS
    Anakin's Dream
    Grievous Speaks to Sideous
    Palps Teachings
    Gen. Grievous
    Griev and Droids
    Padme's Rumm
    Betrayal
    Enter Vader
    Dark Deeds
    Ani v Obi
    BotH
    Immolation
    Birth of Twins
    ANH

14. DARK_VADOR

DARK_VADOR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Yeah, I always wondered why the tracklisting is out of order, more or less, for the soundtrack cd.

The piece of music that really grabbed me and truly tugged at my heart strings was the first few lines of music when OBi-Wan gets off his eopie and walks over to Beru. My eyes really teared up. Too bad the scene was too short because that moment needed to linger a tad longer.

15. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    "grievous speaks to sidious" is before "anakin's dream" i'm pretty sure, in the movie it occurs right after anakin and padme reunite i think.

16. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    i think people have said the track order is wrong because the cd is supposed to stand as a classical piece of music - like a symphony of sorts.

17. Marie_Kenobi

Marie_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2002
    Does anyone know if a list has been made that tells when in the movie each track shows up? I can remember some of it, but it drives me crazy when I listen to the soundtrack and can't remember what the scene was for each track. I've seen the movie three times now and I'm getting better, but my memory still needs some help! LOL :)

--Marie K.

18. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    just got back from my 6th viewing of ROTS, now i'm a firm believer that the music of John Williams is half the SW experience; and i really paid attention to the music for some reason. As i was watching, i started thinking that, on the whole, with the OT we got most of the music in the films themselves on the soundtrack ( i said mostly we did have to wait a few years for the complete score)but with PT there is music that is in the film thatis not in the release of the soundtracks. There is a lot of music in ROTS that is not on the soundtrack, it may be only be small parts but to me it is noticeable.

anyone else?

19. LORD_MONSTROSITY

LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 23, 2004
    Ok, so I pickedup the soundtrack yesterday, and I have to say, that DVD kicks ass.

It actually made me see the entire saga differently. I fell in love with Leia, again.

I love the mirror idea. It wasn't what I expected, at all. I thought The Asteroid Field, made every sequence in it a lot better.

20. Marie_Kenobi

Feb 12, 2002
    I still haven't watched the DVD. I guess that's good enough of an incentive to do so! :)

--Marie K.

21. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Is it just me, or are others also hearing lots of shuffling in the background of the CD? I know I've heard pages being turned and taps in the background of Classical CDs, but this one has a lot of it.

22. Marie_Kenobi

Feb 12, 2002
    I haven't heard anything. Are you sure it's not just instruments?

--Marie K.

23. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I have heard strange things, but there's nothing that ruins the music.

24. obianikdart

obianikdart Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    indeed GFETT its the most tragic , operatic album in the SW saga cd collection
    I just wished it was used properly in the film , And freaking crank it up ! geeez

Finally a masterpiece again from JW , and they dont use it properly

25. LORD_MONSTROSITY

LORD_MONSTROSITY Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 23, 2004
    Yeah, there is tapping and stuff, in all of them. I am sure it's Johnny!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.