*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Typo_Fairy Jedi Knight

star 1
    This was probably asked before, but what is the scene that's going on during Immolation? The dictionary.com definition of "sacrifice" didn't help much. I'm assuming it's when Anakin is getting burninated on Mustafar? I really need to see ROTS again... >_<!
  2. bry-maul Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. spacerocker Jedi Master

star 4
    When I saw the movie for the 3rd time today I finally heard what I think is called the "Rebel fanfare theme" when R2 hits the buzzdroid's center eye.
    You know...
    it's the = Bah dan dun! Bah dan dun! Bah Daaaa.. Da NA Nun dun!
    Too bad that wasn't on the album.
  4. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yeah, that made me a very happy person. :p
  5. -Commander_Thigh- Jedi Master

star 4
    I hadn't noticed the Rebel Fanfare appearance until after I read one of Pooja's posts about how he cheered when he heard it. During my 3rd viewing, about a week ago, I was looking for it and I heard it! Thank you, Pooja!

6. Jedi_Kyeju Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG after I heard that in the theater I was like, NOW THIS is Star Wars! That whole peice of music makes the space battle seem very similar to return of the jedi.
  7. blockaderunner Jedi Padawan

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but here are my thoughts on DUEL OF THE FATES. I used to think that DUEL was for the fate of the Naboo and Gungans vs the Trade federation. As I rewatched Episode II and III, I realised that DUEL is really about the fate of Anakin in regards to alinging himself with either the Jedi or Sith and that would be the fate of the galaxy.

Your thoughts?
  8. Jedi-Atreides Jedi Knight

star 1
    I downloaded the soundtrack from iTunes and I don't hear the Duel of the Fates song in Battle of the Heroes/Anakin vs Obiwan like it was in the movie when Yoda is fighting with Palptine. Am I missing something or did they not include Duel in the soundtrack?
  9. grand_admiral_ewok Jedi Master

star 4
    I noticed the Rebel fanfare also, and I thought thematically it shouldn't be there, they are fighting for the Empire-to-be, not the rebellion. But then I thought hey it sounds so good, who cares? Now this is podracing!
  10. TOASTEROVEN Jedi Knight

I apologise abjectly because this info is probably on this thread somewhere, but does anybody know what the choir is singing? I heard once that it was Sanskrit. Are they just words which Williams liked the sound of, or do they actually sentences? I'm especially interested in the tune which is used at Qui-Gon and Padme's funerals. Are they using the same words in both films?

The thing which I listened to again and again when I got the CD was in the first part of the 9th track, where they pull out the slow, deliberate version of the Imperial March which was used in ESB, when Darth is using the Force to lob stuff at Luke. What I really like is how, unlike the scene in ESB, the Imperial tune on track 9 actually gets COMPLETED. ("bum BA DUM, bum BA DUM") In ESB the melody just dissolves into I guess a sort of "wind blowing" thing. I was so surprised when I heard the full melody in the movie.
  11. MatthewZ Force Ghost

star 4
    >>This was probably asked before, but what is the scene that's going on during Immolation? The dictionary.com definition of "sacrifice" didn't help much. I'm assuming it's when Anakin is getting burninated on Mustafar? I really need to see ROTS again... >_<!

I think its Anakin burning and Obi-Wan comforting Padme on the cruiser.
  12. Marie_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, I could be completely off with this, but...

In the first track of RotS, when the Ambush of Coruscant part picks up, are there references to the podrace music from the extended soundtrack of TPM? More specifically, tracks 31 and 32? And maybe a bit in 33? I feel that there is, but I can't quite pin in yet. Any ideas?

--Marie K.
  13. neutralsideforce Jedi Master

star 4
    I still keep the three OT 1997 2-disk editions sealed. I wonder when are they going to release the PT.
  14. El Kabong Force Ghost

star 3
    So can someone post what the correct order the tracks should go in? I've only seen the movie once, so I cant ID what comes after what (beyond the opening and closing bits, of course).
  15. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    This is what I think it is.

1. Star Wars and The Revenge Of The Sith
    7. Grievous and the Droids
    13. Grievous Speaks to Lord Sidious
    2. Anakin's Dream
    6. Palpatine's Teachings
    5. General Grievous
    8. Padme's Ruminations
    4. Anakin's Betrayal
    11. Enter Lord Vader
    10. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    9. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    3. Battle Of The Heroes
    12. The Immolation Scene
    14. The Birth Of The Twins and Padme's Destiny
    15. A New Hope and End Credits
  16. bry-maul Jedi Knight

star 1
    that's the order I'd put it in. except I might put GG and Droids after GG.

GG and Droids opens with the wheel bike scene music
  17. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I apologise abjectly because this info is probably on this thread somewhere, but does anybody know what the choir is singing? I heard once that it was Sanskrit. Are they just words which Williams liked the sound of, or do they actually sentences? I'm especially interested in the tune which is used at Qui-Gon and Padme's funerals. Are they using the same words in both film?

Well "Duel of the Fates" is in Sanskrit, and they are actual words from a Celtic poem that Williams rearranged. It would make sense that he would use the same language in ROTS, and I assume that like DoTF they are singing actual words that mean something. Hopefully that information will be released. You can find out about DoTF in a simple Google search.
  18. bjsolo Jedi Padawan

What is the music in the "I willl protect you - trailer". Its builds to a wicked crescendo but i can't remember which scene its from or which track it is on the soundtrack.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

19. war_monger Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know what the beginning is, but the rest is from "Anakin's Betrayal"- Track 4.
  20. SGR Jedi Padawan

Is it just me or does the theme from when Anakin heads to the Jedi temple is nowhere to be found on the soundtrack? Anyone know where I could get it?
  21. Issolde Jedi Knight

star 1
    Is it just me or does the theme from when Anakin heads to the Jedi temple is nowhere to be found on the soundtrack? Anyone know where I could get it?

I think it's part of 'The Arena' from the AOTC soundtrack, if I'm not mistaken.
  22. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm sure that "General Grievous" comes after "Grievous and the Droids".

Yeah, it is.
  23. SGR Jedi Padawan

Issolde-
    thanks ;) don't have that soundtrack...get it i will
  24. Issolde Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're welcome, SGR. :)

I just bought AOTC and ROTS soundtracks recently, myself, and have been listening to them almost constantly! I already had TPM one, but I think John Williams got better with each album.

If I had to pick a favorite on ROTS soundtrack, I might pick Battle of the Heroes, though I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the epicness (is that a word? lol) of the track. But I love the whole album.

25. Jedi_Hunter_505 Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.