main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    I have the ROTS soundtrack, and it's really good. For most of the tracks, it's obvious as to which part of the movie they play. But some of them, I don't know about. Below are the names of the tracks where I don't know which part of the movie they play in. Any help here would be great. Thanks!

Anakin's Betrayal
    General Grievous
    Grievous and the Droids
    Anakin's Dark Deeds
    The Immolation Scene

2. bry-maul

bry-maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    page 52 of the thread has a list of the track order.

grievous and the droids is played twice in the movie. once on the invisible hand and again as obi battles gg on his wheel bike. You can put it after track 1 or after "General Grievous" which is the boga scene. It'll fit either way.

I think on pages 50 - 53, one of the mods had it worked out as far as particular parts to tracks and the places they went.

3. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
  4. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    "Battle of the Heroes" is my favorite musical piece ever! It used to be the "Rohan Theme" from LOTR, but that has changed.

John Williams is definately the greatest composer of all time!

5. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Anakin's Betrayal - begins as Obi-Wan and Boga fall into the water on Utapau (Order 66) and ends as Bail lands at the Jedi Temple.

General Grievous - begins as Obi-Wan appears on Boga's back (riding out of the pen). I'm not sure where it ends, though.

Grievous and the Droids - I know I remember hearing this when Grievous is on his wheel bike.

Anakin's Dark Deeds - this piece starts as Obi-Wan and Yoda walk through the Jedi Temple, surveying the dead bodies. It lasts through the Separatist slaughter and the declaration of the Empire, and ends at the end of the "Scene That Explains It All" (Obi-Wan visits Padme and tells her of Anakin's dark deeds).

The Immolation Scene - this piece begins as Anakin is on fire, and it ends as the Naboo Skiff leaves Mustafar.

6. SenatorPrincessLeia

SenatorPrincessLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    I want to re-record my ROTS soundtrack as close as possible to the film.. i've got the track listing from this thread and collected other bits of info like which tracks cover which scenes.

Has anyone already posted a comprehensive scene-by-scene description including tracks that are split between scenes and what second of the track this is done etc?

I know it may not be possible until we get the dvd's in november...

:)

7. Drendan_Kline

Drendan_Kline Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2005
    Today I bought the ROTS soundtrack. In the movie i didn't pay too much attention to the sound but not that i hear it im really impressed. All the songs fit perfectly with the movie in my opinion. The only one i didn't like was plaptines teachings. It seemed too boring andquiet to me though I really liked Anakin's betrayel.

8. inkswamp

inkswamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm sitting here at work listening to the ROTS soundtrack and I just noticed (probably not the first) that at 1:15 in Padme's Ruminations you can hear, very faintly, a few notes of the love theme from Episode II being played on this very high, distant-sounding instrument. I can't even tell for sure what instrument it is, but the way it's mixed in makes it sound downright creepy. You have to turn the volume up to hear it.

Not really an easter egg or anything, but it's sort of cool to catch something that subtle. I've listened to this music dozens of times by now and never once noticed it's there.

9. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    As of today, my least favorite track to favorite...

15. Anakin's Dream
    14. The Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny
    13. Palpatine's Teachings
    12. Star Wars and the Revenge of the Sith
    11. General Grievous and the Droids
    10. General Grievous
    09. Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious
    08. Enter Lord Vader
    07. Anakin vs Obi-Wan
    06. Padme's Ruminations
    05. A New Hope and End Credits
    04. The Immolation Scene
    03. Anakin's Betrayel
    02. Anakin's Dark Deeds
    01. Battle of the Heroes

I think my list has changed a bit since my initial listen of the Soundtrack. I know "Palpatine's Teachings" dropped pretty damn far. I think "Enter Lord Vader" moved up a bit. I base this off of the tracks I've found myself listening to more often than not lately.

10. bry-maul

Apr 5, 2005
    Senator Princess Leia,

There are a few posts within the thread that break apart the tracks into the different scenes of the movie. I would take a gander starting about p. 49 and working up from there.

11. darkscout36

darkscout36 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    What track was played when Anakin took a batallion of clones and marched to the temple?

12. Magic_Al

Magic_Al Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2003
    The march on the temple reused a cue from Attack of the Clones, found in track 12, "Love Pledge and the Arena", on the Episode II soundtrack.

13. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    I must say that when I first heard the soundtrack I found it okay. But once I actually was able to associate the music with the different scenes from the movie, it was great! So in a way, when you listen to the soundtrack you are watching the movie ... in your head.

14. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's the brilliance of the Star Wars scores and any good film score soundtrack. If it can make you picture the film or television series in your head, then it's done it's job.

The first half of General Grievous is where you hear Obi-wan ride Boga to where the General is with the Separatist Council. There's a brief moment where the music almost stops. That's where Obi-wan jumps down to confront Grievous. If you're recording the soundtrack to fit the film, the next track to use is the first half of Grievous talks to Sidious. That's where Grievous' shuttle arrives on Utapau and after he comes down the ramp and runs to the communication chamber. Then you play the small bit from Revenge Of The Sith, which is when the main title ends and transitions into ROTS. Then you go into the first part of Grievous And The Droids, for the fight that takes place there. I don't have the exact minute numbers, but then you go back to General Grievous for the chase and fight.

That's how you do that. Music from TPM and AOTC that returns as recycled music.

-Duel Of The Fates.
    -Arena Battle, from when the Clone Army arrives.
    -The Droid Invasion, including the Emperor's theme from ROTJ.
    -Qui-gon's Noble End, from the one disc release. Not sure what it's called on the UE.
    -Anakin Destroys The Federation Ship from TPM. Not sure of the UE track title.

15. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    I don't recall hearing that one. Where does it play in the film?

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    On the TPM one disc, it's the first part of the track after the intro using DOTF's beginning. In TPM, it's where Artoo repairs the sheild generator on the Nubain. It's used when Anakin goes to win the Podrace. In AOTC, it's where Yoda and the Clone Army arrives. In ROTS, it's where Anakin and Palpatine, carrying Obi-wan are running down the elevator shaft as the Invisible Hand's been damaged. It's cut off before once the Hand has been stablized.

17. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Ah, thank you. I love that bit of music.

18. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    anyone find a mystical quality to the very small piece of music that accompanies chewbacca's lifting yoda to his shoulder? it follows the lament for order 66. it brings on the waterworks.

19. TopSpeeD

TopSpeeD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2005
    My Favorite (as of 8.1):
    General Grievous
    General Grievous And The Droids
    Anakin's Dream

i love all of the music in ROTS..i have days when one track is my favorite..and i have days when the other track is my favorite..i cant decide which i love most

20. Judgemaster

Judgemaster Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2005
    Would anyone think it's possible another version of the soundtrack would be released someday, with pieces of the music as they are in the movie? Like when the movie opens up and it doesn't go right into the Space Battle theme, but it starts off silent like and then goes into it? I ask this, because I would love to have the version of Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin the way it is in the movie, how it starts and goes through to the end breaking in to Duel of Fates and then going onto the rest. Call me insane to want to have all that, but Duel of Fates being my favourite theme in Star Wars, and Obi-Wan Vs. Anakin also being a great theme, and mixing them together to have the Yoda battle go into the Duel of Fates theme for me was great.

I know alot of you might not go along with what I said, but that's how I feel, and I'd not pass up on a chance to get a soundtrack, even if limited edition, with the themes the way they are in the movie. Though, I know it probably won't happen, what is the chance that I am wrong?

I made a topic to ask this, since I was having trouble with the search due to computer problems, and I checked this first page and never noticed this topic here. So, I'd like to thank darth-sinister for directing me to the topic.

21. Hado

Hado Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    Hey everyone!
    I am new here, but I was just listening to the soundtrack and thought I'd find some info on other peoples opinions.. everyone seems to think its a great soundtrack and I have to agree!! It is my favorite John Williams has ever done. Anakin's Betrayal being my favorite. It makes me cry... :( Talk about powerful!!
    anyway, one thing I was wondering... the segment when Anakin invades the Jedi Temple with the clone army, why is that song not on this soundtrack? Am I missing something? Was it in another film? (not that I can remember)
    Anyway...
    May the force be with you all...

22. bry-maul

Apr 5, 2005
    look on this page about 10 posts back for Magic Al's post. It's the arena music from AOTC.

23. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Now I just love listening to it, especially 'Anakins Betrayal' and 'Battle Of The Heroes' and playing the movie out in my mind, remembering what images were used at what point, like The Duel swinging lightsabers at eachother, and when Bail arrives at the burning Jedi Temeple!

Wonderful music!

24. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    The only piece of music I've never been able to place is on Track 1 The Revenge of the Sith. It's the last piece of music in the segmant of 3 differant pieces, anybody know which section of mucis I'm talking about? I just can't place it in the movie?

25. Hado

Hado Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    Thanks bry!
    I did flip through this thread but 54 pages was tiring....
    I just watched AOTC last night, and I didn't hear it, i'll have to pay more attention!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.