main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* RotS Soundtrack Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Pooja, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anni_Padme

Anni_Padme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks so much, darth-sinister. It has such a great melody to it, I just had to know which part it belonged to.

P.S. I love your signature. [face_laugh]

2. MacetheCouncillor

MacetheCouncillor Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Anakin's Betrayal is great. As is the part of the intro track which comes right at the star of the movie when Obi-Wan's and Anakin's starfighters skim across the surface of the capital ship resembling a Star Destroyer.

3. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    I'm really surprised the SW DVDs don't have an isolated soundtrack option.
    Seems like they are the perfect films for such a feature...

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Definitely. I would have loved a feature like that. Most SW geeks would, we like that kind of thing. :-B I really hope someday they come out with an extended soundtrack CD.

5. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    John Williams rules [face_devil] SW wouldnt be the same without his masterful touch.

6. Dezdmona

Dezdmona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2005
    Agreed, I would add that Anakin also betrays Dooku - Dooku expects Sids to betray him, but not a Jedi.

The "Battle of the Hero's" with the sublayer of the "Duel of the Fates" is tragically haunting as well.
    My heart aches when I listen to it.
    My 6 y/o son calls this song - "The Battle of the Jedi", although technically a misnomer, his renaming makes the implications all the more tragic. :_|

7. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Wow, I just played the Imperial March theme through the birth of Vader in the suit, and my god...that would get anyone emotional. I would have preferred that over any speaking in that scene to follow. The high points hit perfectly when Vader rises up on the table and faces the camera. That would definietly be a perfect theme for that scene.

Anyways, I thought the RotS soundtrack was pretty awesome. My favorites would have to be Anakin vs. Obi-Wan and Battle of Heros.

A question for everyone. Would anyone have preferred the General Grievous current theme for him to be replaced by the theme, General Grievous speaks to Lord Sidious? I mean it seems more fitting to me.

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    "Greivous speaks to Lord Sidious" is two tracks put together. The first part is when Grievous first arrives on Utapau, which is also used for the fight between him and Obi-wan. The second part is when Padme and Threepio board the Skiff to go to Mustafar. It ends with Palpatine telling Anakin to shut down the Droid Army. Grievous' theme is heard when he first enters the bridge of the Invisible Hand.

9. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Hmmm, well...I didn't know that. I just thought that Grievous' theme on the Invisible Hand wasn't that great and could've been done differently, IMO.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Grievous' theme is heard as part of the track known as "Revenge Of The Sith". "General Grievous" is two tracks put together. First part is when Obi-wan is riding on Boga to where the Separatist Council and Grievous are. This features the Force theme. The second part is the Wheelbike/Boga chase and the final fight between them. The way the sequence goes is like this:

"General Grievous" first part.
    "Grievous Speaks To Lord Sidious" first part.
    "Revenge Of The Sith" this is the small fanfare bit after the title crawl segues into "Revenge Of The Sith". It's only on heard this way on the soundtrack.
    "Grievous And The Droids" the first 90 seconds or so.
    "Palpatine's Teachings" after the Galaxies theatre sequence and before the brief bit of the "Imperial March".
    "General Grievous" second part.

11. LINQ0311

LINQ0311 Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    This soundtrack is my favorite SW soundtrack above all...I can't stop listening to it. Especially Anakin vs. Obi-Wan, track #9. #10 and #11 are pretty awesome as well, and I can't forget about "Battle of the Heroes."

John Williams is a genius, and should get an Oscar for Original Score every single time. Pure genius. How does he come up with this stuff? How does he know what would be the perfect music to support a scene? It just blows me away.

12. Crazy_Old_Kermit

Crazy_Old_Kermit Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    Here, I found this and am just so mad they didn't put this on the soundtrack. But I guess you can't have everything. It's music from ROTS when Bail talks about adopting Leia to when Obi-Wan drops off Luke. There are little snippets and rearrangements on the official soundtrack, but this track's highlights have to be the haunting "Funeral Theme" with Padme's body and the awesome mix of the "Funeral Theme" with the "Imperial March" as Vader stands on the Star Destroyer with Palps.

http://rapidshare.de/files/8849961/PlansHomeForTwins.mp3.html

13. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Wow. I'm listening to it right now and I love it. Where did you find it? Quality is a little off but is still good. This is a great find. Thank you!:)

14. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    For some reason I really love the music preceding and during the scene where Palpatine appoints Anakin to the council. So dark and brooding, and it's a shame it isn't on the soundtrack (at least that I know of).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.