main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Sifo-Dyas Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Mr_Infinity, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Infinity

Mr_Infinity Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Hi all. I'm back from my 24 hour ban and BOY WAS IT A BLAST. I promise never to try to revolt against the moderators again.

And now to business. I think one of two things. Either Sifo Dyas is the name of a dead Jedi that Dooku assumes to be undercover, or its Qui-Gon, carrying out Dooku's will, and that why he didnt fade.

Rebuttals, anyone?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    Yeah just one.....

[face_laugh]

3. Dave_Shmave

Dave_Shmave Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    Hi all. I'm back from my 24 hour ban and BOY WAS IT A BLAST. I promise never to try to revolt against the moderators again.

What the hell did you do?

4. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    Its kinda a long story, you might want to ask Darthjimmy2002

5. Dave_Shmave

Dave_Shmave Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2002
    And now to business. I think one of two things. Either Sifo Dyas is the name of a dead Jedi that Dooku assumes to be undercover, or its Qui-Gon, carrying out Dooku's will, and that why he didnt fade.

And to respond to the topic:

I would be shocked if it turned out to be Qui-Gon. However, I think it was either Dooku or Sidious. Just seems like the most logical answer.

6. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    Agreed.

Anybody else?

7. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    by the way, if anybody does see darth jimmy, tell him to come here.

8. steepdog

steepdog Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    I think Syfo Dias is Darth Maul. My theory is that he is the same species as Jedi Master Eth Koth (this is hinted at in the AOTC scrapbook.) I think Maul faked his death and had his face tatooed to avoid recognition by the Jedi as their former comerade Syfo Dias. Maul placed the order for the clones at Palpatine/Sidious' instruction just before the battle of Naboo. This actually makes more sense than it being Qui Gonn. If it's not Maul, it was probably Dooko or Palpatine.

9. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    Okay here's one.

Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, Yoda, Dooku, and Mace all walk into a resturant. Mace goes up to the podium and says: "Sifo Dyas, party of six," and the guy says, "Wow, ive heard so much about Mr. Dyas. Which of you is he?" And mace says "I'm not so sure myself."

And then from the bar there's a chorus that goes "Who's that fly mother--"

And Qui-Gon goes "Shut yo mouth!"

And Sidious says menecingly, "They was only talkin bout Shaft."

Mace lights his saber and dispatches the entire populus of Miami, and then retires to Dagobah.

someone should start a thread saying how much that sucked.

10. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Its good to have you back but there is already an official Sifo thread. I'll light a fire under it so it comes to the top. :)

11. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    this one is the OFFICIAL official thread

12. Spike_Spiegal

Spike_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Infinity +1 :p

Actually theres an official SIFO thread in AOTC but not in here I think. So maybe this could be the one for EP III. But you should prob get a mod to edit that ackward title. ;)

13. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    actually, im not a big fan of mods right now, so ill just leave it.

14. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001
    All right, I'll make this the official Sifo-Dyas thread for the EP3 forum. If there's a problem with that, or such a thread already exists, PM me, and we'll sort it out. :)

15. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    thank mr. Z
    I know you are new, and hope that you will remain cooperative, and not get moldy like some other mods i know...

16. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    This thread will not die, this thread will not die, PLEASE...DONT...DIE!!!

17. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    To anyone who knows what im talking about, I now admit that i did indeed write the "Twilight of the Republic" false script.

18. SonofanOutlaw

SonofanOutlaw Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2002
    Mr. Infinity, read my thread of Dooku.

19. yodas_hairline

yodas_hairline Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 16, 2001
    the episode three forum NEEDS griffz enforcing the will of the mods. he'll hit you with a :I that'll make your head spin.

sifo is dead. he is no more. he's pushing up the space daisies. he bought the space farm. he shuffled off his mortal coil and joined the bleeding choir invisible. he is an ex-person.

i believe sifo was killed under mysterious circumstances and his death was the first sign yoda and mace had that the balance of the force was slipping. (more like being tipped, actually.)

the knowing look yoda and mace share after obi-wan tells them the kaminoans think sifo order the clones is the same look they gave each other when qui-gonn said he thought his mysterious attacker on tatooine was a sith.

either that or he's a clone of dooku's twin brother hired by darth kimball.

20. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    god, hairline, you touch this thread and it drops to page three.

not a coincidence.

21. Lord_Talonius

Lord_Talonius Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2001
    Since this is the OFFICIAL official Sifo-Dyas thread, I'll repost.....

Sidious or Dooku offed the real Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas about the time TPM ended.

Since Jango was hired by "Tyranus" about this same time to be the template for cloning, it is more likely that Sidious was the one who presented himself on Kamino as Sifo-Dyas and ordered the clone army. Killing the real Sifo-Dyas may have been the test for Jango competency.

This doesn't preclude Dooku being the fake Sifo-Dyas, but it keeps Jango's employer and the contact for the Kaminoan's different.

All just a bunch of theories anyway, I don't think Sifo is going to amount to anything. He was just a minor offscreen character used for a purpose.

22. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    CURSE YOU, SIFO DYAS, FOR BEING A SMALL OBSCURE NAME THAT TURNED INTO A BUNCH OF STRANGE FANBOYS SCREAMING QUI-GONN AND SIDIOUS. BY YODA, ILL NEVER GO HUNGRY AGAIN.

23. yodas_hairline

yodas_hairline Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 16, 2001
    what a thoughtful post to bring it up to page one, infinity.

i don't see how it really matters who impersonated sifo at this point. it was palpatine or dooku and anything beyond that is splitting hairs.

really, the only reason that makes me think dooku did it is because palpatine needs to keep his hands clean in case the entire plot unravels.

24. Celestial

Celestial Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    I thought this was an Official Discussion Thread now?.....

?[face_plain]

25. Mr_Infinity

May 28, 2002
    this thread is officially official. no other thread can come close to its greatness.

*mumbles angrily.*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.