main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Sifo-Dyas Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Mr_Infinity, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Trouble is, Lucas DID come up with better prequels.

The revised rough draft of TPM and the shooting script of AOTC told the story better.

*Peeler will respond in approximately 1 minute*

:59

:58

2. JustinPeeler

JustinPeeler Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2003
    ShaneP posted on 4/11/05 12:06pm
    Trouble is, Lucas DID come up with better prequels.

The revised rough draft of TPM and the shooting script of AOTC told the story better.

*Peeler will respond in approximately 1 minute*

:59

:58
    [hr][/blockquote]

In your opinion. And in your opinion Howell is a better writer than Lucas. And nobody here cares about your opinion except you and Howell.

3. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    And in your opinion Howell is a better writer than Lucas.

[face_laugh]

4. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    ShaneP posted on 4/11/05 1:11pm
    [i]And in your opinion Howell is a better writer than Lucas.[/i]

[face_laugh]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Yes, the idea that Howell is a better writer than Lucas is laughable. As is the idea that you could do a better job than Lucas with these movies. But there you are.

5. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    The Prequels are better than anything you, Howell and Emos could have come up with. When you guys create a pair of movies that make over a billion dollars then you can start giving Lucas plot advice.

=D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

[the crowd gives a standing ovation]

6. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
  7. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    D_Lowe and Peeler: the real Attack of the Clones.

:D

8. CMNDR_BACARA

CMNDR_BACARA Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    since Sifo-Dyas isn't gonna be in ROTS maybe this thread should be in Prequel Trilogy forum

9. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    ShaneP posted on 4/11/05 2:34pm
    [b]D_Lowe[/b] and [b]Peeler[/b]: the real Attack of the Clones.

[face_grin]
    [hr][/blockquote]

I think you meant to say "FloridaFilmGuy" and "Darth Howell III"....

10. Darth_Howell_III

Darth_Howell_III Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2002

Hey Lowe, are you sure that only those with billion-dollar cinematic credentials are truly worthy of giving Lucas advice?

11. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    Darth_Howell_III posted on 4/11/05 3:38pm

Hey Lowe, are you sure that only those with billion-dollar cinematic credentials are truly worthy of giving Lucas advice?

[hr][/blockquote]

I don't know about Lowe, but I know that you aren't in the position to give Lucas advice on anything.

Seriously, never mind the fact that you didn't predict Anakin trying to get Padme to join him in ruling his Empire, didn't predict Grievous, didn't predict anything about ROTS, forget all that.

The real question is, what have you done in your life that is so great that you should give Lucas advice on how to make a movie?

12. LazyDivey98

LazyDivey98 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Seriously, never mind the fact that you didn't predict Anakin trying to get Padme to join him in ruling his Empire, didn't predict Grievous, didn't predict anything about ROTS, forget all that.

Just imagine if any of his ideas for ROTS had been true. The Palpy ghost, the clone theories....it would have resulted in the worst story ever told on the big screen. He's been wrong at every turn and has always refused to admit it. Just go back and read this entire thread.

You can see his credentials to judge others writing given his writing has been illogical, off-topic, incorrect, contradictory, unpersuasive, near-sighted and hints at a man with no more than a computer and a library that may or may not contain a 9th grade level grammer book.

13. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002

Yeah, pretty much. My opinion is just my opinion. What I didn't make the mistake of doing is say Episode III had to be this way and if it doesn't, it is going to suck because it is not my story, it's Lucas' story. I didn't agree with everything Lucas did, but I accepted it because it's his story and his right to do it the way he wants to.

Anyhow, the Army was "for the Republic," not "for the Jedi."

Gee Howell, who do the Jedi work for?

And Howell, you should have saw that your predictions were going to fall because I (along with many others) saw their flaws and exposed them. Especially your Sifo-Dyas ghost story.

14. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    I think this thread finally needs to be put out of its misery...

15. LazyDivey98

Jan 24, 2005
    ^^^
    Please sign the petition, it's back a few pages

16. Darth_Howell_III

Sep 12, 2002

Putting aside the "real world" for a moment -

Have any of you guys actually produced one single thread?

17. LazyDivey98

Jan 24, 2005
    You can see his credentials to judge others writing given his writing has been illogical, off-topic,

I rest my case.

18. D_Lowe

Aug 15, 2002
    Have any of you guys actually produced one single thread?

If you must know, I have. It's been a long time and the reason why I don't is because we have so many topics to have discussions on. And it's been long enough that they have been deleted.

But if you insist on seeing some, here you go.

Play as Darth Vader

Darth Vader Vs Boba Fett

I had another one is Star Wars Community that had the height list of the characters. The characters heights at the official site has them under meters and I converted them into feet and inches. I believe it's been deleted since I can't find it.

19. JustinPeeler

Jul 3, 2003
    Darth_Howell_III posted on 4/11/05 5:23pm

Putting aside the "real world" for a moment -

Have any of you guys actually produced [i]one [/i]single thread?

[hr][/blockquote]

So the fact that you've created inane subjects on a message board somehow gives you the authority to give advice to George Lucas on how to write a film?

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Howell, again, what have you done if your life that was so great Lucas should listen to your opinion on anything?

20. Arliss

Arliss Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2005

Point taken. Still I think Lucas said it best during his 60 minutes interview about how these films are done the way HE wants them done, and given his "billion-dollar cinematic credentials", we should concede to him on what is best for the films. Its like someone trying to tell a father how he should raise his own kid.

21. LazyDivey98

Jan 24, 2005
  22. Jedi_Katarn

Jedi_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 2, 2002
    In fairness, I think ROTS could possibly be the prequel that those of us in the Gen-x crowd were hoping for.

Having said that, overall there is a huge plot hole in not dealing with Sifo-Dyas. It becomes the red herring of the PT, and that's just sad.

Lucas still has alot to learn as a story teller, but I think this may be the movie where he proves that he can direct again.

The lack of a Sifo-Dyas explanation won't ruin my enjoyment of this movie, but it does add to my dissapointment at the overall story arc of the PT.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Hey guys, cool it in here.

24. Darth_Howell_III

Sep 12, 2002

Hey Lowe, why not create a "sequel thread" that converts all the characters' ages into doggie-years?

What happened when you listed all the characters' heights? Were there numerous stimulating conversations about that subject?

And where's my beloved assination thread...? Oh, yeah, alive and well, right there...

25. Master_Andres

Master_Andres Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    My theory after finding out Sidious is Palpatine from the novel is this: fine and all that the sith exist, but how in the worlds did Palpatine learn to wield the force?! Let alone the dark side. Now, It's said that Sifo died some time before the discovery of the republic army. We know that Sidious has been planning both sides of the war for some time, most likely as a distraction to the jedi. Putting all of this together, is it possible that Palpatine is also Sifo? It makes sense then. Sifo learns the ways of the sith, schemes of a way to take power, orders the clone army, then fakes his death. He then returns as Senator Palpatine, clouding the vision of the jedi to his true identity as Sifo/Sidious. The events of TPM then take place and everything falls into movie order then. I know there is not much to back this up but it is a fun ponder. It explains how Palpatine knows the force as it also explains why the clones were created. Tell me what you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.