main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Sifo-Dyas Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Mr_Infinity, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Obi-wan heard of Sifo-Dyas. When Lama Su mentioned Sifo-Dyas, he was taken aback by the name. He was a real Jedi. He just didn't know that he did this, since he assumed that he died before then. Lama Su acted like Sifo was still alive, yet no one had bothered to correct him. So he takes the task in hand.

Dooku, a Master Jedi, erased Kamino after killing Sifo-Dyas as a test of loyality to Sidious. Once he became Darth Tyranus, Dooku returned to the Temple and erased Kamino. One of thirty some planets erased, including Dagobah. After the Battle of Geonosis, Yoda returned to Kamino to investigate things further. All documentation provided to him, was convincing enough to make Yoda believe Sifo-Dyas did it on his own. Jocasta Nu investigated and discovered that it was Dooku who erased Kamino. While Yoda went through each missing planet, he filled away the knowledge regarding Dagobah.

2. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    This is all news to me. :confused:

3. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The other thirty planets was mentioned in the Visual Directory, I think. Someone in the Lit forums mentioned it. The rest was from LOE. The Dagobah bit ties into "Vision Of The Future" which explained the origin of the tree.

4. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I got into a discussion about Sifo-Dyas with someone. Is the following correct?

Sifo-Dyas was a real jedi who was killed after the battle of naboo. He was then impersonated by sidious who placed the order for the clones.

True?

5. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    "I was always worried in Episode II that I was giving away too much in terms of people asking questions about where did the clones really come from. If you go back they mention the fact that Lord Tyrannus and Count Dooku are the same person and that Darth Tyrannus is the one that started the clones. So if your paying attention it's very easy to figure out what?s going to happen to the clones, if they will be the ones that will betray everybody. Tough to put in things like that without giving everything away."

--George Lucas, ROTS DVD Commentary.

In the books it's explained in a different way. Sifo-Dyas told Chancellor Palpatine what he forsaw happening and Palpy told him to contact Kamino to create a Clone Army. Dooku was then sent to kill Sifo-Dyas as a test of loyalty. Dooku then arrainged a competition to determine if Jango Fett was worthy of being the template. Once that was done, he approached him on the Bogden moon.

So Palpatine was the mastermind of the Clone Army, but Dooku was the one who did the legwork. And poor Sifo-Dyas lost his life, because he was tricked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.