**OFFICIAL THREAD** Star Wars PT in HD. Blu Ray Saga Box Set in 2011.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Strilo, Dec 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    Indeed. Even if there ARE changes, ( [face_praying] ) Lucasfilm I'm SURE won't announce it. The extras and having the Saga on Blu-Ray will be enough of a marketing power source...So I am not going on whether or not the "official announcements" appear. They probably won't.

But the chances are still just as good that there'll be some FX enhancements at least.
  2. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    Sure they're going to re-release the saga box in 3D. But 3D tv is still way in it's early emerging stages. In true Lucas fashion, I'm almost sure he'll wait several years until that format gains some mainstream strength-when releasing something like that would be worth it. I mean, it'll be several years still till MOST people have upgraded to 3D tv. Remember how many years it took for blu-ray to become common?

This is not to mention the fact that it's HIGHLY likely Lucas will wait till ALL of the saga is released in theaters in 3D. Giving each film's 3D debut its true justice. And by that time, (2017 or whatever) the whole 3D tv market will have become about as common as blu-ray. 7-8 years. Seems about right for the timeframe between releases, right?
  3. shanerjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    fistoffan1, John Knoll, who is supervising the 3D project, has stated NO new material will be put into the 3D releases. They are 100% conversions only. No new material.

Here's the interview: Knoll talks SW 3D
  4. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    I agree totally. The movies will have time to sink in, which also gives 3D television the time it needs to become mainstream.
  5. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    Let's revive this. For those interested in getting the PT boxset (or any of the other ones for that matter), know this:

Source
  6. harrison13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I am really hoping to see some more finished deleted scenes from this release. I have seen so many photos of scens being shot that have not seen the light of day. I especially want to see scenes like Bail, Obi-Wan, and Yoda return to Courasant.

That T-Bone website has a list of a lot of deleted scenes which were actually shot at one point.
  7. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    If the entire separatist slaughter scene from ROTS is on it I'll be happy.

(Wat Tambor's death, which was filmed.)
    (The scene with the Droidekas, if it was filmed.)
    (Rune Haako's death, if it was filmed.)
    (The separatist conference room scene, actually a scene before the slaughter, if it was filmed.)
  8. grungebunny Force Ghost

star 1
    I want every single one, finished or not. Even if its a 10 second alteration. Sick in on there. There is no reason not to.
  9. Melancholy Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, let's look at this.

What this means is that the ninth disc is the one that will have the deleted scenes from the OT on it.

Lucas is going to make people who want the OT deleted scenes buy the set that comes with all six movies so that they have to buy the prequels.

He already knows the PT set won't be selling very well on its own.

This is just jibberish. Enhancement to the picture quality simply means Hi-Def. Unfortunately, I have to say that without more cleaning and serious fx repair (Vader's saber in ESB and ROTJ, boxes still around some ships, total removal of the ridiculous blue hue, etc.) these things will be more apparent at this resolution. There are also a ton of sound mix problems.
  10. Alexrd Force Ghost

star 5
    No, it means the saga boxset will have an exclusive ninth disc. The OT box set will have a fourth disc with bonus content, just like the PT.

No. See above.

Maybe. If the OT errors are not fixed, specially those you mentioned, then I will only buy the PT boxset.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.