main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Tarkin in Ep3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by shadowplay_80, Jul 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deathmachine101

deathmachine101 Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2005
    what planet was tarkin from

2. Klapaucius5691

Klapaucius5691 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2005
    Tarkin's homeworld is Eriadu.

3. Klapaucius5691

Feb 27, 2005
    [image=http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/4557/Tarkin-01.jpg]

I hope this is real.

4. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    As far as we know, it is.

5. ajdoane20

ajdoane20 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    I'm positive that Tarkin will be in Episode 3. He is a high ranking officer so they need to explain him. Tarkin was 63 during A New Hope, so he will probably have to be around 41 in Epi 3... I know I have way to much time on my hands.

6. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Actually, you don't. The same age was said about ten or so posts up the page.

7. Gabricjen

Gabricjen Jedi Master star 3

Dec 16, 2003
    is there any pics of him??? I see the pic above...sorry

8. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    Well, Governor Tarkin has been officially confirmed at the OS. Great news!

9. HouDeani2004

HouDeani2004 Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2004
    ok i was directed here....

what the heck does Tarkin do in Episode III that is sooooooo amazing that he is higher in ranking than Vader in ANH? I mean cmon its Vader and Tarkin.... in ANH Tarkin has Vader by the leash....

One of my friends posted the same thing but was laughed at because everyone said Tarkin wouldn't be in Episode III (this was a while back when he posted the topic) So now that the OS has confirmed that Tarkin is in ROTS; what the heck does he do that is so amazing?

any ideas???

10. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    The above pic is not a fake but that's not the Tarkin we'll see in ROTS. That was a "test run" pose to give the crew some kind of feeling of what he'll look like.

11. Klapaucius5691

Feb 27, 2005
    So is there any pictures or something of how the final Tarkin looks like? I mean he better freaking look something like in that picture above.

12. blondemenace

blondemenace Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    There is an older picture here (TFN one):

www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=16132

The site says it's Christopher Eccelston under all that makeup but I'd guess that it is Wayne Pygram - those definitely look like his eyes.

13. JediPadmeLightside

JediPadmeLightside Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Probaby is. The actor who played Scorpius in Farscape plays Tarkin. The picture looks real since the face is that actor I mentioned.

14. JediPadmeLightside

JediPadmeLightside Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    Tarkins character is probably seened in the second half of the movie. The Emperor's Empire has to be declared for him to show.
    But, this is just my theory and thoughts.

15. Galactic_war

Galactic_war Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2004
    but i still am wondering what that guy just said a few posts ago, how does tarkin get above vader in rank:? my theroy is that tarkin is the leader of the forces of the empire and so palps thinks he is more skilled in knowing how to fight large battles and knows more then vader so thats why vader listens to him
    ( and if anyone remembers in ANH tarkin listens to vader on following the falcon to the world with the rebels and they got the death star blown up so as you can see tarkin is smarter stragitge wise not that vader dosent know a thing or two about fleet battles lol)

16. DarthRotten

DarthRotten Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Tarkin isn't higher in rank than Vader, his authority is just different. Tarkin is the Grand Moff of the Imperial Outland Regions aka the Outer Rim. As a Grand Moff, he answers directly to the Emperor. He is also commander of the Death Star, since it was his concept (actually Raith Sienar's but he blackmailed Sienar for it.) As such, aboard the Death Star or in the Imperial Outland Region, Vader must yield to Tarkin's authority. This is why Vader releases Admiral Motti on Tarkin's command. Motti is under Tarkin's command, not his, so Motti isn't Vader's to kill.

17. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Tarkin isn't higher in rank than Vader, his authority is just different. Tarkin is the Grand Moff of the Imperial Outland Regions aka the Outer Rim. As a Grand Moff, he answers directly to the Emperor. He is also commander of the Death Star, since it was his concept (actually Raith Sienar's but he blackmailed Sienar for it.) As such, aboard the Death Star or in the Imperial Outland Region, Vader must yield to Tarkin's authority. This is why Vader releases Admiral Motti on Tarkin's command. Motti is under Tarkin's command, not his, so Motti isn't Vader's to kill.

that makes sence but then when Leia talks about Tarkin having Vaders leash was she just goading him or was it something else?

18. tsn81

tsn81 Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2002
    Anything about Tarkin in Ep3 novel or comic? I wont read them before movie is out, but can anyone who read them tell if there is anything about Tarkin's role?

19. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Well.
    Digging up this old fossil of a thread.

It's obvious why: the much-discussed Tarkin role in Episode III has turned out to be a background cameo.

Here's what's in the book:

From the bridge of a Star Destroyer, two Sith Lords stand with a sector governor named Tarkin, and survey the growing skeleton of a spherical battle station the size of a moon . . .

Well now... If ever I've seen bad writing it's that bit right there, no matter how wonderful some people seem to be with it. It's not that I was so hyped up to see him, but if this is all, they might as well leave him out altogether. Especially in that passage in the book.

20. LordMelkor13

LordMelkor13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2005
    Well, don`t you think it is wise of Palpatine not to give too much power in Vader`s hands?

Remember Sith Apprentices want to replace their Masters...

And I don`t think Vader`s administrative skills are that impressive.

21. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Melkor, funny but rather beside the point.

22. DarthGreenspawn

DarthGreenspawn Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    I saw a picture today of Governor Tarkin and he looks WAAAAY older than Tarkin on EP IV. At least he has dark brown hair. I understand that the actor is 30 years older, but his face looking that much older is gonna throw off the timing of his character.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/20050408_picview/pictureviewer.html?imgNum=11&world=collecting

23. YTMND

YTMND Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2004
    It doesn't look older to me,it looks pretty damn good.

Besides that,you have to understand it will look different in the movie with lighting and being surrounded by other characters and the background.

24. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    I don't think he looks older than Peter Cushing did in ANH.

25. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    The whole purpose or point I should say of having Tarkin's character in ROTS is to stress the changing times in the Republic which is soon to be the Empire. And, with the changing times comes a change or shift in power of administration. Where it seems that during the Republic the senate was in charge but once the Empire comes to be the power shifts over to high ranking naval officers such as Tarkin...So basically, the point of Tarkins role in Episode III is to stree the emergence of the Empire...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.