main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* The Clone Wars Micro-Series, Volumes One & Two

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by G-FETT, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    And unless i'm mistaken, i think you can watch each episode in the original individual format on the DVD (instead of the seamless "play all" option).

2. DSucrose

DSucrose Jedi Master star 1

Feb 12, 2007
    Unless there's an easter egg, you are mistaken. There's a chapter select option, but it's no different than a chapter select option on any movie. Once the chapter is done, it continues on, and the opening logo is only on the first episode and the "next time" segment is nowhere. I'd love to be wrong in this case, though, so please, prove me wrong.

What I meant was I cannot see them being released on DVD as they originally aired, mainly due to Lucas' past handling of other television properties and their desire to edit things into movies. I hope this changes.

3. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    Ahh, my mistake. I don't think i've actually watched them individually, so i assumed the chapter select function included the opening for each episode and such.

I agree, since they aren't on the DVD like that, it's highly unlikely they'd be released in the original fashion. But aside from the lack of the opening and such on the chapters, is there any difference between the as-aired versions and the dvd versions (notwithstanding the fact that they're all strung together)?

4. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I've never really sat down to watch them all, but what I saw I enjoyed. It adds plenty to the whole clone wars, although you really have to read the novels and comics to get the full picture.

Favourite Episode? I think the reveal of Grievous on Hypori and his fight against the Jedi was the best part. Especially since it had K'krukh (who continues to be awesome :D)

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I am yet to actually pick these up on DVD yet. I should really get around to doing that. I saw them online the first time, and the second time with my brother I saw them on the TV via a cable into his computer. :cool:

I'm a fan. I really loved them. In cartoon form you can really see Jedi as they could be; much more flamboyant and powerful, and able to display abnormal abilities. Which I think is cool. It's just fun to watch, regardless of anything else. It was done with the right flare and control though, so I had no problems whatsoever.

The scene which grabbed my heart in the series would be Anakin's Knighting. The lightsabers appearing in the darkened room, Obi-Wan present... that was awesome.

Anakin Skywalker, by the right of the council, by the will of the Force, dub thee I do, Jedi... Knight of the Republic.

6. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I really enjoyed the reprise of Duel of the Fates, when Anakin was moving close to the dark side. That was really cool.:cool:

7. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Willy-Wonka-nobi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2004
    One of my favorite things: Obi-wan in clone armor... It makes so much more sense for Jedi to have armor as well. They kind of show the necessity in the Clone Wars Graphic Novels when Durge cracks Obi-wan's skull with his foot and one of the clone troopers reply "you should probably wear a helmet" lol

It also looks like this will be featured in the CG series as well, based on the new teaser poster. Cool stuff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.