main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Thread** The Clone Wars video games-Lightsaber Duels and Jedi Alliance for Wii and DS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CloneCaptainRex, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    First, here's the official site from Lucasarts

What we know so far:

Lightsaber Duels for Wii is a fighting game based on the Wii's duel mode from The Force Unleashed (it's being made by the same studio, Krome) Hopefully, it will be better than Masters of Taras Kasi which was an abysmal failure . If you have played TFU?s duel mode on Wii, you?ll know what to expect; the controls and gameplay are very similar although, according to IGN, Lightsaber Duels is more approachable to nongamers and gamers alike (which means your mom can play too).
    From IGN?s preview:
    Before we go any further -- no, this isn't one-to-one lightsaber control, nor do the controls require complex movements. That's far from a bad thing. Instead, flashy combos are born from straightforward combinations of broad movements, and depth emerges from the ability to anticipate, parry, evade and attack in different ways. It's a cliché, but this is going to be a title that anyone can pick up and play, yet that will have plenty of depth for those prepared to learn its intricacies.

Sounds good. Here?s the full article: http://wii.ign.com/articles/898/898724p1.html
    Also, each character plays much uniquely than in TFU, for example Ahsoka jumps around the battlefield, whereas Obi is more balanced. The stages change during gameplay to add variety, such as on Teth, the battle shifts from the main monastery to the big hall (where Ventress loses her skirt in the movie), to the bridge.
    Lightsaber Duels follows the story of the TV show, while Jedi alliance is a stand alone story. LD is also one of the best looking games on Wii. Running at a solid 60 frames per second. Although the game doesn?t support motion plus, Krome promises that they?re working on a 1 to 1 lightsaber game for 2009:D .

10 charaters at least
    1. Anakin
    2. Ahsoka
    3. Obi-Wan
    4. Mace Windu
    5. Kit Fisto
    6. Asaaj Ventress
    7. General Grievous
    8. Count Dooku
    9.??? (Plo Koon?)
    10.??? (Luminara?)

Jedi Alliance is being developed by Lucasarts Singapore for DS and chronicles the Jedi?s ongoing battle against Dooku, who has formed an alliance with Dathomir?s Nightsisters. Jedi Alliance introduces a unique Jedi pairing system; the player plays as two Jedi at once(or with a friend in co-op) forming different combos and using unique abilities depending on which pair is being used.
    The game is controlled by using only the stylus much like the recent Zelda game for the DS. You simply tape where you want to attack the enemy(tape the leg to chop off a leg etc.). The available Jedi are:
    Obi-Wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto and Mace Windu

Both titles are multiplayer and push the graphical abilities of both systems. Both arrive on November 11th.

Hope you enjoyed my write-up.[face_peace]
    This thread has been approved by the omnipotent and hard working SoloCommand, who doesn't get nearly enough credit.=D=

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    pretty neat. For the 1-1 lightsaber game theyre gonna need to include a new wii-mote that has a better motion-detection capability. Hopefully it will be molded like a lightsaber too :p

3. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    What makes this official?

4. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    the two "**" make it official.

5. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm interested in seeing how the DS game turns out. The concept seems really neat.

6. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    Exactly. [face_whistling]

7. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Didn't we already have an official thread on these games?

But I think it was lacking the **'s

So lets just pretend it never existed.

8. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Very much liking this. It means that my getting TFU on the 360 won't take away any future Jedi on Jedi vs. action.

9. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
  10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I hope this game does well so we can get a more realistic Star Wars fighting game along the same vein as Soul Calibur. I'd love to see a game with a huge cast of movie, novel, video game, and comic characters. As long as they don't try and make it in continuity it should be fine.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Masters of Teras-Kasi, I believe, did that. Not bad game, but disliked by some.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    No, it most definetly did not. It was a forgetable Tekken clone that tried to cram a storyline inside the events of ROTJ so there was a continuity reason for Han Solo to fight Darth Vader in a boxing match. Sorry, but that game failed on so many levels.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah. Well, I enjoyed it. :p

Continuity wise...

I know Arden Lyn got used to fill some gaps in the Zaarin storyline from the TIE Fighter games, but otheriwse, shrug.

14. Darth_Vectivus

Darth_Vectivus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2007
    Since we're getting closer to the release date....

Bump.

15. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
  16. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Plo Koon is confirmed to be in this game! Screenshots on IGN confirm this as he dukes it out with Mace Windu!
    Here

17. Glymphid_Warlord

Glymphid_Warlord Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2008
    Shots of the new "Jedi Hunter" droid may be found here.

18. MvG-88

MvG-88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2008
    :confused: The TFU duel mode was horrible, maybe I missed something, I played it with a friend for an hour or so, and there seemed to be no way to break a block or get out of force lightning, and there was no real depth to it at all.

19. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Um, you can block lightning the same way you block blaster fire. Hold the A button and keep the remote in blocking position. (Sideways and horizontal).
    The lightning will be blocked and you will get no damage. You won't be able to do much untill your opponnent stops the lightning or runs out of Force though. The point is that it works :)

20. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    So, I went to buy the Wii game at Wal*Mart this morning.

*NOT ARRIVED YET*

No bigge, I thought, then I went over to HBC.

*NOPE*

I waited around all afternoon waiting for this darn game, and it never showed up! I was at the point where I would.ve bought the DS one if they had had it.
    Mind you, they had the movie out everywhere, just not the games.

GRR.

21. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    At least someone else didn't get them in either. Same here. Went to Wal*Mart to get both and they didn't have em. Checking tomorrow definitely.

Got the 2-Disc DVD though (Cheers!)

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Got duels and the DVD at Best Buy. :D

23. Obi-Mcfly

Obi-Mcfly Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2008
    I saw Lightsaber Duels at Target, but I can only get one game before Christmas, and I decided to get Tales of Symphonia.

Is Lightsaber Duels any good?

24. CrAsHcHaOs

CrAsHcHaOs Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 7, 1999
    Folks, I can tell you right now that Lightsaber Duels is at best a rent. Don't waste $49.99 on it. I got it today. It's decent, but it just screams "cash-in" all over it after you've played it. It's a very short game, and there is no online multiplayer for it. I'll bet you anything that this game will be down to $30 in two months. It's almost worth $30, but definitely not $50. The fighting is pretty shallow, and there doesn't seem to be much strategy involved at all. I honestly had a lot more fun with the duel mode in TFU for the Wii.

Now, the game you REALLY want is the Jedi Alliance game for the DS! I got that today as well, and let me tell you that it is a superb game! You can tell a lot of love went into making it because it is really well done! This one doesn't seem like a cash-in whatsoever. It's insanely fun. And it more than makes up for TFU on the DS!

So between the two games, LS is pretty lame, while JA is the much better Clone Wars game!

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'll rent both of them, I think.

CrAsHcHaOs, how are the Nightsisters presented? That's all I really care about, game-wise. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.