main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Thread** The Clone Wars video games-Lightsaber Duels and Jedi Alliance for Wii and DS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CloneCaptainRex, Sep 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Turns out that Zellers(HBC) as a company decided not to release Call of Duty 5 or any game that is released on the 11th "in honour of the vets."
    Isn't that wonderful?
    No, it's Bullcrap.
    Why?
    Becuase they still put out Hellboy 2 and CW movies.
    If no games, then why movies?
    Grr, I hate hypocrites.
    And, no, I don't hate vets.

2. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    i think you do hate vets. I didn't sign up to serve this fine country so people like you that complain that people don't want to sell video games on Veteran's day, I signed up for people who LOVE not getting their products on Veterans Day aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrhgggghhhhH!!

3. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    Lol.

I finally got the Wii game at EB games(I couldn't find the DS one).

It's not bad.
    The graphics are much better than TFU.
    Much more smooth and the cutscenes from the show are a nice touch.
    Each duel begins with its own opening(like the TV show begining) complete with a bombastic voice over.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Some of the lines are totally LOL.

4. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    AT my GameStop I just got Jedi Alliance and Lightsaber Duels! I was SO happy. Wal-Mart STILL didn't have em, so I just decided to hell with it and go to GameStop. Both games are AWESOME! Me and my brother just played LD and I beat him twice (he got lucky the 3rd time :p)

Jedi Alliance is also awesome! Beat the first level and am playing it as I speak! These games are great Star Wars games. Now I added more stuff to my Star Wars collection!

MTFBWY!

5. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    You can never judge a game after the first level.
    I forsee you will think less of them in a couple of days.

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Some of these challenges are a bit ridiculous. I completed Anakin and Ahsoka's. But Obi-Wan and Ventress are giving me a headache. Especially these "beat in under 3 minutes on Jedi Knight difficulty." I can get them nearly there and then they either beat me or run out the clock [face_frustrated]

7. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    Lightsaber Duels is quite disappointing.
    I beat the "Campaign" in less than an hour.
    I thought, Hmm, it must just be me, I'm older than the target audience, so the game seems easy to me.

Then my mom picks it up.
    And she beats in an hour and ten minutes.

And she isn't a hardcore gamer, she can barely play the LEGO games.
    That gives you an idea about the difficulty.

It's fun for about two days, but if you have TFU on Wii, don't bother. The lightsaber fighting feels smoother than TFU, and the quips are great, however, the force powers are far too dumbed down, and the saber locks are just retarded from the TFU locks.

The duels in the "Campaign" are as follows[SPOILERS]:

M= From the Movie
    TV = from the TV show
    GO = Game only, not in Movie or Show
    (M)Anakin Skywalker vs. Asajj Vetntress in Teth dungeon
    (M)Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Asajj Ventress in the B'ommar Monastary.
    (M)Anakin Skywalker vs. Darth Tyranus in the Dune Sea
    (TV) Ahsoka Tano vs Grievous on Skytop Station(Tomorrow nights' episode)
    (TV)Ahsoka Tano vs. Asajj Ventress in The Detention Block

(GO)Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Count Dooku
    (TV)Obi-wan Kenobi vs. Teh good General
    (GO)Anakin Skwalker vs The Jedi Hunter Droid whatever it's called(Made up only for the game, will not appear in the series, so don't get your hopes up.)

That's IT!
    That's three from the movie, three from the show. A little sparse, eh?
    The following are absent:

Luminara vs. Ventress on the Triumphant(sic?).
    Fit Kisto(and Nahder Vebb) vs Grievous in Grievous' Lair
    And the possible Windu vs Dooku.
    Luminara Unduli, Nahder Vebb and Aayla Secura are absent.

An excellent idea, but executed poorly.

8. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    do the witches fly in the air in the ds game?

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I actually really like Lightsaber Duels!

The campaign is indeed short, but some duels are pretty hard.
    And I haven't even tried the Jedi Knight and Grand Master difficulty settings.

The challenges are pretty tough! It's fun to unlock new levels and characters! I unlocked the Droid Factory level!

Too bad Aayla isn't in it!

I love how you can play Grievous vs. Dooku etc. The dialogue between the various characters is really cool!

What's good about the game is that every character has different moves and combos.

This leaves a lot to learn / practise if you want to master every character.

10. QUA-CORPEALA

QUA-CORPEALA Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2008
    I will soon have Jedi Alliance, and it will be awesome! I have a Nintendo DS and it is AWESOME! I need a friend on the Jedi Council Forums! Please will you find me a very good friend?

11. QUA-CORPEALA

Nov 20, 2008
    Also, I find the character Ayla very interesting! I have a page print out of every jedi in the galaxy! I have a whole room full of them! And Ayla is one of my favorites!

12. QUA-CORPEALA

Nov 20, 2008
    No, they don't, I read about them. They are more like Force Withes, when they use the force they say stuff like Hoces Bumocas Domucas Delay, and stuff like that! They think you can only do the Force if you say "magic words" they thin that Jedi are so powerful that they don't have to! So they want revenge!

13. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    You know what would have made the fighting game better?

All the characters from the gladiator episode of Clone Wars (animated, not CGI).

Why play as Ashoka when you can play as Jasper McKnives?

15. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008
    Please explain.
    Which episode would that be?

16. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    It's from CLONE WARS not THE CLONE WARS. It's the episode where Asajj battles all those aliens and droids in the gladiator style fight.

17. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Correct: Chapter 6 to be precise-

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_Wars_Chapter_6

You have to admit, some of these guys look pretty cool and have interesting weapons:
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/6/6a/McKnives.jpg/250px-McKnives.jpg]
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/23/Granda_Dolma.jpg]
    [image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/c/c3/Mantoid.jpg/250px-Mantoid.jpg]
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/0/0b/Flalios.jpg/250px-Flalios.jpg]
    [image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/a/a4/Krutch.jpg]

18. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    I've completed Ahsoka's. I'm trying to beat Obiwan with Anakin, without using the Force, and I did, three times in a row, but it's not awarding me for beating the challenge. I'm absolutely sure I didn't use the Force. I even held the nunchuk in a way that I couldn't touch the C or Z buttons. It's almost like it's an error in the game. It says difficulty: Padawan. I'm playing it on difficulty Jedi Knight. Does that matter? Because I thought it shouldn't, assuming I should at least play it on padawan level. I'm confused.

19. CloneCaptainRex

Aug 31, 2008

I've already returned my copy, but I ran into the same problem.
    I even tryed not jumping, thinking that might help.
    It didn't.
    Must be a glitch.
    Kit Fisto is awesome in this game, can't wait for The Lair of teh Good General.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I did beat Anakin's on padawan without ever using the nunchuck except to move (because I too had the force glitch). Literally was just waving the wiimote around until Obi-Wan was out of health. [face_plain]

I gave up after unlocking fisto. Got a save off wiisave and am now enjoying Mace and Plo Koon :p

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Well blow me down.

I put it on Padawan level, did it again and beat the challenge.

How weird is that? I mean it shouldn't matter that I had it on Jedi Knight.

I now beat Ahsoka, Anakin, and three out of four of Obiwan's challenges. Yay!

22. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    How in the world do I unlock Mace and Plo? This game is way too short for me and it could have been better

23. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    First I completed Ahsoka's challenges, then Anakin's, and unlocked Kit Fisto after beating two of Obiwan's challenges.

I completed Obiwan's and then Kit Fisto's. Then I beat two of Ventress' challenges and unlocked Mace.

(I unlocked a few costumes and levels too, but I can't remember when exactly. Maybe it doesn't really matter in which order you beat which challenges. Could be it just keeps a general score for unlocking stuff.)

After that I completed Ventress' challenges, then Dooku's and unlocked Plo after beating two of Grievous' challenges. I am now stuck at Grievous' fourth challenge, the one where you need to beat Obiwan 'on the front carriage, before the attack train arrives'.

I beat him several times, as fast as I could, on the front carriage, but I'm not being awarded. I'm not sure what 'before the attack train arrives' means. I haven't seen it happening, no matter how short or how long the duels lasted.

After I complete Grievous' last challenge, I'll only have Mace's, Plo's and the Droid's challenges left to beat.

24. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Fisto 9 challenges
    Mace 18 challenges
    Plo 27 challenges

25. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Bought and completed duels. A short experience, and there's a lot that can be polished, but it has potential. What they need to do is make Force techniques more useful to allow variation, balance the non-force characters (Grievous and EG-05 have unfair advantages in power blows), put more effort into creating a story mode (or modes, perhaps with cartoon clips exclusive to the Wii storyline), and add more characters (all unique of course). I sincerely hope there'll be a sequel as I haven't enjoyed a Wii fighting game this much before. XD

Hopefully, as the Clone Wars introduces more and more characters, we'll get a bigger roster. Perhaps they might even throw in characters from the Saga (Qui-Gon, Vader, Luke, etc.) or even the EU (Tyvokka, Dark Side Acolytes, Quinlan Vos, Sora Bulq).

Overall, a solid (or not) 6/10. Personal enjoyment boosted it up to 7, though.:D
    Oh. And in case anyone is puzzled about Grievous's third challenge, what you do is you quickly jump AAAAAAALL the way to the other end of the stage on your right, THEN you fight. I know I was puzzled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.