main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* The Obi-Wan / Anakin Duel

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SLAVE2, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Theres so many of these threads, so I thought it would be better to start one main one where everyone can post there ideas. These threads already exist:

Obi Wan vs. Anakin, how should it go down?

Obi-Wan vs. Anakin the mother of all saber dules....

When Anakin and Obi-Wan have there legendary battle...

The aspect that will make the last lightsaber duel a duel like no other.

Will Anakin & Obi Wan's Duel in Episode III surpass other Lightsaber Duels?

So post any ideas about the fight in here to stop lots of the same topic. :)

2. God_Of_Sith

God_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2001
    First and foremost, I don't want this fight to be a quickie (Darth Maul and Qui Gonn comes to mind). I want it to be long...very long...and I would even go so far to hope that Lucas makes this battle at least twenty minutes or better (I know, just wishful thinking).

Secondly, I want this fight to be BALANCED. Obi Wan is the Master, of course, but he had better have a VERY HARD time with this duel. I want to see him struggle...and this would first allow people to see just how strong Anakin is in Anger.

And third, I want to see a LOT of emotion in this battle. I want to see Anakin extremely pissed off, yet saddened, too, at the fact things went the way they did (and I would even go so far as to hope that Anakin begs his old friend and Master, Obi Wan, to join him in the Dark Side...this would show that Anakin really doesn't want to leave Obi Wan). Also, I'd like to see Obi Wan deeply saddened and heart-broken (I keep picturing him falling to his knees after the duel and weeping).

Well, there you have my in-put. Thank-you.

3. obi-wankenobiben

obi-wankenobiben Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    when obi-wan fights anakin it is going to be the best nice and long.when you compare the darth maul,obi,gui-gon duel you are going to laugh and say it looks like a few kids playing.when you see ot you are going to cry because it is so funny.i don't want to see master kenobi struggle he is the man the one that can put ani in his place.i do want to see ani struggle vs his master.when obi-wan kicks his butt into the lava or whatever.i want to see obi cry ithink that is a nice touch.

4. God_Of_Sith

Dec 5, 2001
    No, I don't agree with that. I want to see Obi Wan, though the master, struggle his but off to contain his Padawan.

I DON'T WANT ANAKIN TO APPEAR WEAK!!

5. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    I want it to be a very even fight, Obiwans advantage is his experience and wisdom, whereas Anakins is his raw ability and skill. Both advantages balances again each others, like brain v strength. But I dont want Anakin to dominate, Obiwan will obviously know Anakins strengths and weaknesses and with his intellegence he will use them against him. I'd Like the Maul V Obiwan fight mixed with the Empire strikes back Vader / Luke fight. Oh yeah and over a molten pit :p [face_mischief]

6. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    no i do not agree with the master struggling agianst his padawan.that mad.

i also don't thnk it is brain vs strength duel rembmer obi in tpm.

7. God_Of_Sith

Dec 5, 2001
    No...Obi Wan SHOULD struggle with this battle. I understand the idea of a Master shouldn't be having to fight to gain the upper hand in a duel with his Padawan...but we have to understand that Obi Wan was weak, to begin with (any Jedi Master who cannot contain his Padawan is weak, in my opinion).

Yes, I would like to see Obi Wan not only struggle, but to actually FEAR his Padawan, too.

8. obi-wankenobiben

Jan 7, 2002
    no way obi-wan is not WEAK
    he will kick anakin butt.
    no fearing for obi. fear leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

9. Blue_Dawn

Blue_Dawn Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2001
    Obi-Wan did'nt "Fear" Vader on the Death Star,and he won't "Fear" Skywalker in EPIII.

Remember Obi-Wan is trying to prevent his apprentice from turning to the "Dark Side",Skywalker is the one filled with hate.

10. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    i think in the beginning of this duel anakin is really going to take it to obi-wan. for two reasons. 1) anakin wnats to show that he is more powerful then obi-wan and that he was wrong about his abilities. 2) obi-wan doesn't want to fight his padawan instead he wants him to come back to the lightside. once obi-wan realizes that its too late for anakin he then decides that either anakin or him is going to die, and obi-wan of course doesn't want it to be the latter, and takes the advantage by using his knowledge and experience over anakin's unstable emotions.

i figure this duel to be quick paced at first like the tpm duel then it slows down a bit with the internal emotions like the ot duels had.

when anakin has the advantage = fast pace

when obi-wan has the advatage= slow pace

11. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    takes the advantage by using his knowledge and experience over anakin's unstable emotions.

Thats what i want, some people say they want Obiwan to win with a lucky move but i'd hate that. I want Obiwan to beat Anakin fair using his own skills.

12. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    (no message)

13. GeneralVeers68

GeneralVeers68 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 31, 2002
    The duel should be like the Vader/Luke Duel in ROTJ. Just it should be a little longer. In that duel there was emotion and different paces, when Luke first starts fighting he is using a slow pace, then when he gets angry he goes to fast pace and overwhelms Vader. The Obi-Wan Anakin Duel will be the Duel to end all Duels

14. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I think the fight may not happen at all.

15. GeneralVeers68

Jan 31, 2002
    you're joking right dehrian? The fight has to happen, or else this whole PT is a was of time and money

16. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    Sure, they fight.

I just think it's a possibility that the fight doesn't happen till ANH, that's all.

My reason is that everything we've assumed about the PT has so far proven incorrect. This is one of the last few preconceived notions, so I'm preparing myself for the possibility that it, too, will not come to pass.

17. GeneralVeers68

Jan 31, 2002
    so your preparing for one of Lucas' patented let downs. Well he did it with TPM, Im hoping AOTC will redeem him partially and the have EP III redeem him totally. The fight has to happen or EP III will be a waste, if the duel is in it then the movie might as well be two hours full of Jar-Jar nonsense.

18. dehrian

Mar 18, 1999
    I don't mean let downs.

Let me explain:

1. We were sure Obi-Wan and Owen were brothers - not true.

2. We were sure Yoda was Obi-Wan's only master - not true.

3. We were sure we'd see Anakin being a great star pilot - so far, not true.

4. We were sure Alderaan would be an important part of the PT - so far, we haven't seen it.

5. We were sure the clones would fight the Jedi in the PT - the clones are fighting with the Jedi.

Need I go on?

Take every preconceived notion you have about the PT and throw it out the window.

19. GeneralVeers68

Jan 31, 2002
    I see what you are saying. Now

20. trinto_duaba

trinto_duaba Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2001
    6) Yoda was pulling the strings on Palpatine the whole time.

21. darth-skycrawler

darth-skycrawler Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2001
    Why does everybody feel that Obi Wan is better than Anakin. All we know is that he hides away with from Vader. There is also no excuse about having to fight lots of storm troopers. He seemed to get to Vader pretty easy in ANH and Vader told no one to interfere.

The guy who is responsible for coordinating the fights has said that Anakin has more skill than Obi Wan. Nick Gillard has said Anakin has more skill with the force and lightsabre techniqes.

In AOTC Anakin does far better against Dooku than Kenobi. Anakin according to Gillard knows he is the best. Anakin is the ultimate father.

Obi Wan may have originally been better than Anakin in the 70's, but can someone please give me some proof recently that he i better.

22. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    You know, dehrian just may be right. Store it away. No Kenobi/Anakin duel in EP3.

We'll see in a couple of years when the spoiers start hitting the street. And when they start shooting in 2003, surely there will be a SPY REPORT on whether or not McGregor and Christensen are shooting lightsaber scenes together.

23. thrillhouse

thrillhouse Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2001
    2 quotes from the annotated screenplays:

"The notion of Vader being Luke's father first appeared in the second draft. Vader became attracted to the dark side while he was training to become a Jedi. He became a Jedi and killed most of the Jedi Knights; very few escaped. Ben fought Vader and pushed him down a nuclear reactor shaft. One of his arms was severed, and Ben believed he had killed Vader; in fact, Vader survived and became a mutant."

George Lucas:"I didn't have a very specific idea about what Vader might look like underneath the mask. I knew that he had been in a lot of battles, and at one point I thought that he had had a confrontation with Ben and Ben had sent him into a volcano. But he was all but dead, and basically he was manufactured back together even though there was very little left of him.

24. yodaluke-wan

yodaluke-wan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    darth-skycrawler, i think there is no doubt that anakin has more abilities then obi-wan, hell he might have the most abilities {or at least potential} then all of the jedi. but one factor that will be the turning point is that obi-wan has much more control over his emotions and the force. this will allow obi-wan to take the advantage, while anakin is in rage and hatred over his former master.

"control, control, you must learn control"- obi-wan learns while anakin doesn't, thats the key factor in this duel.

25. Scandals20

Scandals20 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2002

I agree with the idea that Obi wan should struggle with Anakin through 3/4 of the fight until Anakin is all rage, uncontrollable and frustrated that he hasn't beatin his master yet.. Then we get to see Obiwan taking over and being in complete control til the end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.