main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* The Obi-Wan / Anakin Duel

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SLAVE2, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Huh double posted, weird.

2. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    no,no issues.i just would like to see some evidences in your posts sometimes,you dont have to keep telling me how much obi wan rocks because i've heard that before

3. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Evidence? LOL

The films kinda speak for themselves - if you haven't seen it thus far then you probably won't whew.

4. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Heres a nice gif from the duel

5. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Absolutely exquisite, Best. Fight. Ever.

6. uwishuwereme

Nov 20, 2005
    The fight was amazing visually I applaud Ewan and Hayden for being able to learn the choreography for duel.=D=

7. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    That's what I have been saying this whole time Uwishuwereme,

in making excuses for Anakin they are diminishing the character.
    THE DUEL was meant to elevate BOTH characters, not diminish Anakin by making excuses because Obi-Wan won.

Look at the first 10 strikes when Vader unleashes on Obi-Wan, just look at that. Unleash is the key word here.

Darth Vader was throwing ****ing BOMBS at Obi-Wan Kenobi.
    99.9 percent of characters in the entire Star Wars universe could not have resisted that ridiculously vicious and brutal assault that Vader unleashed on Obi-Wan. It was a relentless barrage. Obi-Wan regulated that Sith power NOT because he KNEW Anakin, that's ridiculous. NO fight between a Jedi and Sith is predictable or choreographed (In universe).It requires skill and cunning and Mastery of the Force to engage in a lightsaber duel.

Obi-Wan negotiated that barrage BECAUSE he is Obi-Wan Kenobi. His defenses are virtually inpenetrable. That's the only reason he regulated. ANY other Jedi Master and probably Sith Lord would have been hacked down in the first 5 seconds of that duel.
    Anakin was unleashing a lifetime of pent up anger, frustration, hatred, blame, guilt, etc etc. It gave him power , damn near unlimited power.

If you were on the recieving end of that attack, and you made the tiniest mistake or slip up, you are toast.

8. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Now you are arguing that Yoda and Windu would have lost to Anakin in that duel... that is TOO far fetched. OBW was good, but not as good as Windu and Yoda.

I agree, however, that most Jedi's would surely been killed by the virility of Anakin's blows. He was so offensive, that most Jedi would have a really hard time dueling him. But as you said, OBW's defensive tactics rendered him with an advantage. OBW's defensiveness is actually the quintessential Jedi - the are supposed to be defensive, and OBW succeeds with that - just waiting for the right moment. He was simply better in that duel, and as I've said before, Vader admits that in ANH.

As for the dialogue - sometimes words will only ruin the moment. When there is so much feelings and anxiety between to characters, what should they say? they had not that much to say to each other, their actions spoke for them. OBW was hoping that Anakin would realize his mistakes, but I think when he saw what he did to Padme, he realized Anakin was doomed.

9. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    RS77: Let's not get personal.

10. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    in the movie !??!!!

kenobi super mega defense was in the mvoie !?!?!? kenobi as the best lightsaber fighter ever was in the movie !!!?!!? count dooku being afraid of kenobi:oops: was in the movie !?!?! obi wan stronger than mace as you said was in the movie :eek:??!?!

obi wan being able to give sidious a run for his money was in the movie ???!?! or even in GL's comments ???!?!? no ,none of those things were there for those who watch the movies objectivly...sorry.

sorry about that.it wont happen again but sometimes is just frustrating to argue with someone who has alredy been poroven wrong beyond doubt.

11. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    Can you really prove someone utterly wrong in this forum though? Someone would probably argue that the Ewoks could best Luke since they captured him. They could then even take down the entire Empire, since Luke managed that - and they are better than Luke... [face_laugh] :_|

I was looking at Wikipedia, wow they have a lot of Star-Wars!! They claim, objectively, that Yoda got the upper hand on Sideous in their force duel, but Sideous was just able to grab on to something - and Yoda had to flee because of the troopers arriving. That would contradict what the OS says, but it fits my theory, so hey, why not;)

It all depends on your point of view in here I guess, as OBW would say.

But now that it is established that OBW did simply best Anakin in that duel (that is established right?), what do you think would make the duel better? or do you think it's perfect the way it is?

12. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    when i say proven wrong i meant when he says that obi wan is the better fighter in the galaxy and he is better than mace and he could challenge sidious or even beat him.

all those things are WRONG.beyond any reasonable doubt,GL and his movies say different

13. Rossa83

Sep 8, 2005
    AH, then I rest my case. OBW was not the best fighter. One of the best, sure - but leagues below Yoda, Mace and Sideous... I think that is the essence of OBW - that he accomplished all he did without being THE most powerful, it's good stuff=D=

14. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    i agree.i certainly admire all what he did,his legacy is secured for sure.

however when i hear about him being a level 25 with a lightsaber or being some sort of a superman-like mega strong hero its kinda annoying[face_laugh]

15. Fat_Bird

Fat_Bird Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2005
    Leagues below? He wasn't the most powerful but he was among the elite and best of his time. To use a sports analogy, it's not like he was minor league and the others were major league. No, he was a starter on a World Series winning team with Yoda and Mace.

16. lightthunder1

lightthunder1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2005
    anakin is never at level 27 the highist level he is at is
    level 9[face_flag] [face_skull].

17. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    bartender........the same than Mr lightthunder1 here please...

18. uwishuwereme

Nov 20, 2005
    Lighthunder tone it diwn a bit man

19. Obi-Wan-1000

Obi-Wan-1000 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    They were equel when they were fighting, Anakin may be more powerful
    but obi-wan has more experence then Anakin in fighting and Obi-wan does not think like Anakin so that would make Obi-wan the better duelist.

20. sithrules70

May 28, 2005
    :eek:..........=D==D=........finally a Kenobi fan who opened his eyes=D==D==D=

21. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    Eh someones just crying because their Sithly boy got spanked like a two dollar professional urban entertainer.

That's what it all boils down to. Obi-Wan Kenobi stole the thunder from Darth Taters and Count Dookula and some people cry about it and make excuses.

awwww.

22. Chosen_One1

Chosen_One1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    No, he was a starter on a World Series winning team with Yoda and Mace.

I think they ended up losing to that one team that had Sidious and Vader[face_thinking].

23. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    sorry about that.it wont happen again but sometimes is just frustrating to argue with someone who has alredy been poroven wrong beyond doubt.

**Baiting**

24. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    jeez you guys are making me feel dorky!

25. joshuavance

May 15, 2002
    when i say proven wrong i meant when he says that obi wan is the better fighter in the galaxy and he is better than mace and he could challenge sidious or even beat him.

I don't give a **** what you say, Mace Windu when you cut through the BS is a peice of **** character that is BACKGROUND FILLER and doesnt mean a DAMN thing in the greater scheme of things. His character only did ONE thing because Samuel Jackson begged and kissed Lucas' azz for it. He wasn't created to be ANYTHING more than a Council background character.

Greater than Obi-Wan? That's a ****** joke.

SOMEONE needs to see the preproduction artwork of BOBA FETT shooting Mace Windu through his fat torso like a chump.

THAT was Windus legacy until Samuel Jackson cried and moaned about it. COme on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.