*OFFICIAL THREAD* The Obi-Wan / Anakin Duel

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SLAVE2, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
  1. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    Josh, buddy, you need to tone it way down. Way down. ;)
  2. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, just a little tit for tat Rhonds, the law of reciprocity and all. [face_devil]
  3. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    All of you guys need to stop arguing and baiting. Don't answer a bait with a bait, call a mod.
  4. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    You are right Rhonds, it just bites my craw when someone tries to presume to lecture me on what constitutes objectivity and tries to speak as the voice of authority regarding an unequivocally subjective and relative topic.

I stand corrected, that wasn't setting an Obi-Wan like example.

Moderator Rhonds, bait Lords, are our speci-ality.
  5. Rossa83 Jedi Master

star 4
    Whatever you think of a character you have to accept it because Lucas made it that way for a reason.

The fact is that Anakin could not beat OBW in that duel, not at that stage... there really is not much more to it. Vader admits this in ANH, so what is all the fuzz about?

Besides, OBW has more humour[face_laugh] [face_clown]
  6. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    isnt this called baiting or even flaming ?? but thats OK im feeling in a good mood today.

this is too much...[face_sick]..[face_sick]..[face_sick]

you cant accept that mace is a stronger character than superman kenobi so you go to the popularity contest issue again....[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

what he was created for is irrelevant.he IS more powerful than master of luck kenobi,even if you dont like it.

i never said greater , i said more powerful.
  7. Rossa83 Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice SR70, there is vast difference between greater and more powerful. OBW being perhaps the greatest Jedi (he and good old Yoda), and Mace being amongst the most powerful (he and good olf Yoda)=D=
  8. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    Theres a vast difference between bulls*** and hogwash too, but both stink just as badly.
  9. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    what are you trying to accomplish here ?? that we admit that obi wan is a better swordsman than mace when in fact he is not ??

we admit that he is a better character and a better jedi,that should be enough for you.
  10. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not trying to accomplish anything, I simply disagree vehemently with the notion that Mace Windu is more powerful than Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Mace Windu did or accomplished nothing to suggest that to me over the course of 3 films.

obi-Wan demonstrated time and time again, climaxing in a hearty victory over the ultimate evil.

Mace Windu and Darth Sidious simply did not impress me in the films.

Mace versus Jango Fett?? Come on, the guys jetpack failed him UNLIKE when he fought Obi-Wan. It's fairly easy to hack a guys head off when his last ditch attempt to escape fails on him and he stands there prone.
  11. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4
    can we peacefully agree to disagree then ??
  12. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    why sure, I don't come here to change hearts and minds, I wouldn't want everyone sounding like me. AOTC was so yesterday.
  13. Sidious-3 Jedi Knight

star 3
    If we could then there would be no wars and no mean feelings torwards each other, so there would be no boundaries, no poverty, "imagine all the people... livin' in harmony", and no more world hunger... But that's not gonna happen, now is it? o_O
  14. thechozn1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yoshi and I have talked about this til we're blue in the face, but we only think that Obi-wan is weak because of the way he's presented against Dookoo. Otherwise we'd be crowning him as the chosen one.
  15. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yeah, but consider this....

In the Prequel trilogy, someone beat Obi-Wan.
    In the Prequel trilogy, Anakin beat someone.

Kinda odd and ironic isn't it?
  16. thechozn1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh I know, and I wish they had thrown into the movie what was in the novel as far as what Obi-wan said to Grievious after his "Fool, I was trained by Dookoo" remark. Obi-wan told him that he trained the one who killed Dookoo. Nice [face_devil]
  17. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3
    As far as that goes they should have thrown in how as in the novel, Obi-Wan played Count Dooku and had him scared, and Dooku caught Obi-Wan with a well timed Force push that temporarily knocked Obi-Wan out, nothing more or less.
  18. Darth_Sidious- Jedi Master

star 2
    I still think Ani only beat Dooku by luck and simply because it would have made a pl0t h0l3 any other way.

But the Anakin/Obi Wan duel was the greatest I've seen by real people. So that doesn't count the Yoda vs Sidious and Dooku CGI battles.
  19. joshuavance Jedi Knight

star 3

ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi to villains- "This ain't your TPM/AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi anymore fellas".
  20. Fat_Bird Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just think it's weird to try to put a MINOR character like Mace Windu above Obi-Wan. You just know if it hadn't been SLJ, GL wouldn't have spent as much time on him (not that he was all that on screen anyway). What was the point of the character anyway? He could have been left out of the PT and it wouldn't have mattered. He was a totally useless character. I bet GL just wanted a "bad ass" Jedi to make action figures of.
  21. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    The Anakin/Obi-Wan vendetta thing is SO 2002. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: 99% of us got over it and realized these two loved each other and thought about each other constantly in the OT. Obi-Wan mutilated Anakin, Anakin killed Obi-Wan - they end up happy and brothers and loving each other totally before by the end of ROTJ. Hell, if it wasn't for Padme, they would have gotten married and rode off into the sunset together.

Seriously, old news. Watch ROTS and the OT again. They love each other.
  22. sithrules70 Jedi Master

star 4

[face_thinking]

ROTS DVD says that obi wan won by anakin's lack of control (substancial evidence)

you say that if we use the DVD as evidence we are making excuses.

but....

isnt this an excuse that you are making to justify why dooku trashed kenobi,again ??

if dooku was afraid of anybody in that room that was anakin

so according to you kenobi beats anakin by superior skills but dooku beats kenobi by luck ??

...interesting theory indeed..[face_thinking]..too bad is not true

before you flame me like you did last time consider that we have evidence and you have your POV.

good luck next time
  23. Rossa83 Jedi Master

star 4
    OBW bested Anakin because he could match his skills. I'm not saying he was as powerful, he wasn't. But he could match Anakin - let's not forget that OBW was fierce with a saber, we don't see Dooku take down OBW with a saber in ROTS - he bested him with force powers. Anakin does not have the same force powers as Dooku had - at least we don't see them... Since OBW could match Anakin he could look for an advantage, being the wiser and more experienced fighter.

Dooku was powerful, wise and experienced. OBW couldn't find a way to gain the upper hand. It's as simple as that.
  24. Annakiniam Jedi Padawan

Does anyone else think that when Obi and Anakin are fighting on the table in the separatist room, that Anakin mouths some bad words to Obi? To me, it looks like when Anakin has Obi bent backwards he says "bleep you". Anybody else see that? Obviously, I can't really post what I think he says, due to the rules.
  25. emporergerner Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^^^I don't think they would have that in a Star Wars movie.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith
Moderators: Bazinga'd, heels1785
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.