main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OFFICIAL THREAD: ULTIMATE FANFILM III

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by niennumb1, Jun 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niennumb1

niennumb1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 10, 2001
    It's time once again! Fanakin and Obi_Wan Fanobi get into one more small mess in ULTIMATE FANFILM III (please tell me when it's getting old! HAHAA!!)

File sizes have grown a bit. If they are too large, I can make smaller ones by request and post them on the thread:

FANFILM III (ON2VP3 4 megs approx.)

FANFILM III (Sorenson3 5 megs approx)

Enjoy! More to come...

2. WhisperingDeath

WhisperingDeath Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Great FAN FILM BAHAHAH I AM THE FIRST

I loved the suspense in your 3rd film, also the lighting was excelent! But we never got to see an evil fan like last time, I WANT TO SEE THE EVIL CIELING FAN IN YOUR FILMS! Anyway when the fan was going down on its cord was halarious. Hey the way the fans swing back and forth makes them look oddly lifelike, you really have something going here. GIVE US SOME MORE FAN FILMS!

heheheheh I was the first one to post heheheh

3. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Files are offline temporarily. Come back about 9pm. Spelling error! Sorry for the inconvenience.

4. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I assume 9PM PST, right?

5. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    haha, got it JUST in time then ;)

Honestly, I liked them in this order:

Not that they are getting "worse"... it's just, what made the first one so BRILLIANT ;) was how SIPMLE it was. This was really clever, but I thought it dragged on a bit... I think you could have created the same amount of tension in alot less time... plus, the longer the joke is, the funnier people expect the punchline to be.

Still hillarious though... so I guess it did it's job-- I laughed... I mean... for god sakes... fans, just... _______ing there... because of a _________ in the _________... and the _________, plus, the ________ ________ of the _________, now that was hillarious (I didn't want to give away spoilers) ;)

Cya
    Mike

6. Saintstoryteller

Saintstoryteller Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2000
  7. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    WE'RE BACK!!! Thanks!

Also:

WIX,

I's have to agree. I would say this would be classified as one of those TPM inforative scenes where we'd like to go to more action. I PROMISE the next one will have more of this. ;)

Do people want these segments to be longer or shorter? I'd like to have a bit of development in the next one so that we could throw a battle in it, but if you guys like the 2min or under shorts still let me know. Question is can I still make them entertaining to watch? :)

8. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Brilliant!! I loved it!! Do more!!

-tm

9. GrEvEs

GrEvEs Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2002
    niennumb if you keep making um this good i'd watch 20 mniute shorts, so make them long as you can and keep it up!!!!!!

10. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    hmmm... makes me wonder what I could do if I REALLY tried and put more effort into them....

I don't know if each part will follow from where the last left off. i think they will be a series of shorts that could tie in together, but I dunno yet. I just bought a couple more characters today. the fans are growing!!!

11. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    [face_laugh]

That was hilarious. Even my non-sw-fan friends thought it was funny.

Where can I get part 1 and 2?

12. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    AGAIN!!! AGAIN!!!

MORE!!! :D

Seriously, these are great.
    Keep up the good work.

Peace

~DK~

13. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    I just love this guys' sense of humor!

14. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
  15. Mugwump

Mugwump Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2001
    Ha!!! That's Great! I love it!!

Keep it up. I' say, keep them shorter. Remember the golden 3:1 rule of film? Yeah... basicaly the audience watched a fan move around a room for 5 minutes. I think you could have shortened that one down quite abit. I love the dialouge though.... this is really starting to be somthing good!

My advice : Shorten it, polish it, and create a whole mini-series...

Perhaps a woman comes between Fanakin and Fanobi??

now THAT I want to see!!

-Muggy

16. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Loved it. Excellent work. Keep them coming :)

17. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    AH I liked that one better than the second ! It's a bit reminiscent of the first one, and... Makes it funny. There are a couple of lines that I really loved too.

I think you should keep 'em short.

18. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    Ok, forgot to add one thing. My favorites (in order)

(1 was great, but 2 was hysterical! 3 was just a little long, and not as humorous.)

I still love it though!

Now PROMISE me, you're going to do one of these with A "Fanme" fan and "Accross the Stars"

I've just GOT to see it!!

19. buliwif

buliwif Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    lol ok, the punchline was hilarious! i was wondering if continuing to do these might be overkill, but man, you just keep cracking me up! as long as you can continue to make these entertaining, i'll keep watchin 'em!

20. niennumb1

Oct 10, 2001
    Mugwump,

I PROMISE PROMISE you (one of my biggest desires too) that when weather permits, I will shoot a Fanme and Fanakin short! Content wise I'm not 100% on, but should be good!

I must say too that I could have made part 3 shorter. I guess that's kinda a director's cut that should have been trimmed a few lines, but it was only a half minute longer than the second. I think maybe it's the reading dialogue that makes it longer then if I was to just put voices in, unless you like to read subtitles? Maybe I could write in some way they begin to talk... I kinda liek the lack of voices though.

I'll continue to stay around the less than 2 minute arena. Glad you all liked it for the most part!

21. Digital_LlamaCH

Digital_LlamaCH Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2001
    Digital Llama promises to come out with a competing short entitled "Bond of the Toaster". Look for pre-production to be completed somewhere in 2005. Budget is slated in the 3 million range.

-Chris

22. Avene

Avene Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2000
    Not as good as part 2 I must say, but still funny :D

23. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Another solution (I dunno if I would personnaly like it or not, I still have to see it) would be to record your voice when you're speaking in front of the fan. You know how weird it sounds, a bit robot-like.
    That could throw a little more life in it...

Just a suggestion. :)

24. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    Numby,
    If you were to do actual dubbing, What would be REALLY funny is if you could do the shrill british monty python voice. I.E. "DEEEN-IS! Dares sum luverly fealth down haere!" "I'm Author! King of the britains..." "King uftha who?")

-Muggy
    (I didn't know we had a king... I thought we were an anomolous colective)

25. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Lol, that was SOOOO funny. Especially when they fell down that the bases kept turning, lol. "Set you speed to medium", lol! A classic! He should have answered something like "NO! I'm going in full BLAAAAST!" like when he attacks Dooku, the fall in first and Obi-Wan Fanobi follows him in.

Anyway, I give it a B+ :D

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.