*OFFICIAL THREAD* What If... DISCUSSION Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RebelScum77, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
  1. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Then Maul would have killed Qui-Gon and Kenobi in the hangar in less than two minutes.
    3 Droidekas and one Bombad Sith = 2 dead Jedi.
  2. SaberJedi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    What if the end battles of ROTS were altered? What if Yoda went to fight Anakin and Obi-Wan to fight Sidious?

I think things could have turned out quite differently.
  3. LemmingLord Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I think Yoda may have actually turned Anakin back from the dark side if he had confronted him.. Anakin wouldn't have had the same reaction to Yoda being there as his friend. When he explained what Palpatine has done, the two of them could return to confront Palpatine together. Having realized Palpatine killed Obi Wan, Anakin would have raged hard against Palpatine while Yoda flanked him.. All would have been well.

4. Rossa83 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What if when Qui-Gon presents his theory of Maul being a Sith, Mace would reply that that was distressing. If so, the Sith must indeed be powerful if the Jedi had not detected them, then proceeded to say he would join them "to discover the identity of the secret attacker"???
  5. SaberJedi2 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not so sure much would have changed. Maybe Qui-Gon probably would have still died and Maul would DEFINITELY have died. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have still be asked to protect the Queen and found themselves dueling Maul anyway. Sidious would have found Dooku and most of the same would have transpired.
  6. MasterEric Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thats quite interesting. Would Yoda have bothered to talk to Anakin at all or just duel him though? I do agree it would be different considering Anakin wouldn't be all jealous about Yoda and Padme.[face_laugh] The more I think about it the more I think it might have had a chance of working. I think its still unlikely but, if Anakin comes back, Yoda and an Anakin that will go crazy when he finds Obi-wan has been killed are going to be scaring the pants of Sidious if they get to him away from Clone Troopers. Sidious' chances are not looking good against those two at the same time, not good at all.
  7. Joe_Garelli Jedi Knight

star 1
    And i am not refering to Lightsaber Duels which are good and intersting either, i am asking why dont we ever to get see any of the Sith Lords in action against soldiers in the movies?

It would have nice to see Count Dooku in AOTC or ROTS get attacked by a bunch of Clone Troopers not knowing that he was Palpatines apprentice and their secret ally, Dooku is then forced to charge them and destroy them with ease with his lightsaber and force lightning, or even Darth Maul in TPM, it would have been nice to see him stumble across a bunch of Gungan Warriors and Naboo Soldiers and get attacked by them, he then is forced to kill them all and show his awesome ability to deflect blaster fire attacks with his double bladed lightsaber and show how brutal and violent that he really is, hacking them to pieces.

Or even a scene of Palpatine in ROTS where he is attacked and cornered by Battle Droids or Clones and is forced to kill them because they are attacking him, and he has no bodyguards around to help him either, just to see how awesome the Sith Lords are in combat against regular soldiers and battles droids.

The closest thing that we see is Anakin after he becomes Darth Vader attacking and killing the Separitist Leaders in their Mustafar Control Room while being attacked by a couple of Battle Droids that offer very little resistance to him, it would have been nice to see him suddenly get attacked by a secret group of Battle Droids hidden in a hidden back room when a Separitist pressed an emergency button as a last minute move to stop an intruder that had gotten into the base, basically putting the heat on Vader for a few minutes.

Because all we is how good all of the Sith Lord's are at fighting and dueling with their lightsabers, nothing at all to show how good they would be against a squardon of Clone Troopers or Battles Droids that suddenly showed up out of nowhere and attacked them, kind of like how Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were forced to fight Battle Droids in TPM, it would nice to have seen a Sith Lord be forced to do the same thing, kind of bloody but very nice anyway.

My main peeve is that when Obi-Wan and Anakin go to fight Count Dooku in AOTC they had several Clone Troopers with them that got killed by an explosion, it would have been nicer if the Clones had charged into the room and attacked Dooku and got slaughtered for our viewing, just a nice way to show us what Dooku was capable of before the Jedi get into the room and try to fight him next, just to show that Count Dooku might look like a harmless old man but really is an awesome warrior and fighter, something you would never expect from an eldery old man like Dooku in the first place.
  8. Joe_Garelli Jedi Knight

star 1
    Because in AOTC Anakin Skywalker was briefly very good on offense and poor on defense but in ROTS he is now a fully trained Jedi Knight and a seasoned warrior and duelist and swordsman in combat with a lightsaber, he is a master of Form V Djem So and is able to defeat Count Dooku in combat, he is able to defeat all of the jedi knights and masters that he encounters inside of the jedi temple easily including the temples resident swordmaster Cin Drallig, he is also able to dominate the duel between his own master until he is defeated by him, and later during the jedi purge Vader is able to kill every jedi knight and master that he encounters with little effort.

So compared to when he was just a mere Padawan Learner in AOTC fighting with two lightsabers, how well would Anakin in his prime do with two lightsabers in a duel? Would he be nearly unstoppable or would he lose one of them quickly like he did against Count Dooku? I would love to see Anakin or Vader for that matter fight someone using two lightsabers in his prime and dominate without losing one of them, that might be awesome to see.

9. Anakin_Darth Jedi Knight

star 2
    What if....

Yoda was sent to aid the Jedi near the end of The Phantom Menace, and he wound up dueling Darth Maul? That would be an exciting thing to watch.
  10. Darthbane2007 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Yoda would justdraw his lightsaber, cut Maul in 2, and say " Capture the viceroy, we should."

What if Mace had took Cin Drallig, Shaak Ti, and Anakin Skywalker with him to capture Palpatine?
  11. MattG728 Jedi Youngling

I have two I would like people to think about...

1. What if the council or Qui Gon never told young anakin that he may be the chosen one?

2. What if the Jedi Council made Anakin a member of the council before Palpatine wanted him to, but then refused to let Anakin be their spy against Palpatine or work with him at all?
  12. MattG728 Jedi Youngling

I like this idea. I think umm Sidious would wipe out Obi Wan, and Yoda I think could calm Anakin down just for a moment to see what he's done to Padme. I think all Yoda would have to do is show what Anakin did to the love of his life and it would give Yoda a chance to bring Anakin back. With Obi Wan dead I think Anakin would kill Sidious and just run away with Padme as Yoda and Organa help rebuild the republic.
  13. EmeraldBlade Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I do not think Yoda believed that he could be redeemed. In the EU he gets close with Dooku and when he ultimately fails (because of Anakin's presence, as fate would have it) he is sad.

I think he would have cut Anakin down without a second thought.

14. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 5
    If Yoda had fought Anakin, I don't think Anakin would have survived. Whether his death would be a result of being overmatched by Yoda or his own arrogance, I feel he would have died.
  15. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Let's get this one rolling again.
  16. StarWarsFan1989 Jedi Youngling

Tell me what you think would've happened if...

Obi-Wan had gone to fight Sidious.

Yoda had gone to fight Anakin.

Anakin had not interfered with Mace and Sidious' fight.

Anakin (from episode III) had fought Darth Maul.

Anakin (from episode III) had fought Greivous.

Yoda had fought Greivous.

Mace had fought Greivous.

Anakin (from episode III) had fought Mace Windu.

I think...

1.Obi-Wan would've been fried
    2.Anakin would've gotten his ass handed to him
    3.Sidious would've been chopped up like a ham
    4.Anakin woulve kicked his ass
    5.Anakin would've killed him alot faster than Obiwan did
    6.Greivous wouldn't have lasted a second
    7.Greivous wouldve been spare parts
    8.Mace wouldv'e done him alot worse than obiwan did

Tell me what you think would've happened in these situations!
  17. ILuvJarJar Jedi Knight

star 6
    But he would have probobly done this out of the anger of losing Obi-Wan which would have still made him turn to the dark side in the end.
  18. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 10

Obi-Wan had gone to fight Sidious.

Dead Obi.

Yoda had gone to fight Anakin.

Dead Anakin.

Anakin had not interfered with Mace and Sidious' fight.

No change. Dead Mace. Then Anakin might have had to fight Sidious as he was on the brink but not turned.

Anakin (from episode III) had fought Darth Maul.

Dead Maul.

Anakin (from episode III) had fought Greivous.

Yoda had fought Greivous.

Mace had fought Greivous.

All 3 options here are dead GG.

Anakin (from episode III) had fought Mace Windu.

Dead Windu.

19. ILuvJarJar Jedi Knight

star 6
    I agree with the every one of these answers. I ultimatly comes down to Anikan being one of the most powerful jedi in ROTS while GG (having no force powers) could be thrown around like a rag-doll.
  20. Charn Jedi Knight

star 8
    1. Obi-Wan would have been toast

2. Anakin wouldn't have lasted a second

3. (according to Lucas) Sidious would havebeen chopped suey

4. Darth Maul would have been punk'd

5. Greivous wouldn't have even activated all 4 lightsabers and would be thrown on a scrap heap, quicker than you can say cough.

6. same as above

7. there would be cringe worth lines between the two before Mace Windu chops him likes diced carrot.

8. Anakin would have killed Windu, like he had done Dooku.

------

my answers from your locked thread.
  21. StarWarsFan1989 Jedi Youngling

22. StarWarsFan1989 Jedi Youngling

So you're saying that Anakin could beat Mace? I don't see how Anankin could beat Mace if Anakin lost to OBi-wan and obi-wan is clearly not as strong as Mace. IMO
Moderators: heels1785, Seagoat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.