main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* What Will Episode III Be Rated

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Helmet, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    On Rolando's advice here we go.

Even though I belive it doesn't have a chance of being rated anything other than PG, many others have differing opinions.

State them here folks.

Have fun.

2. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    whatever it's rated in the US, it will be a PG in the UK.

3. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    If all the Star Wars was PG...i'd expect this one to be the same as well..

however the content is really pushing a PG-13 rating...

but the Star Wars saga has always been a movie for all ages so I doubt that Lucas will eliminate kids from the concept of the movie although it may contain mostly adult themes...

therefore I'm saying it will be a risky PG...

but then again I hope they don't go soft and start editing the graphic to meet the needs of a PG rating..

WE SAW what they did to the Mortal Kombat series...the video game is about blood and guts and they turned it into The Prince and the Paumper (Childish)...the first one was good but there was no blood..no gore..just cool death and just action..

anyway...PG w/ warnings of violence

4. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Yep, PG all the way. He's not going to break the cycle now. Remember, TESB was dark, but not graphic. E3 will be the same.

L8r

5. Helmet

Nov 1, 2001
    Remember, TESB was dark, but not graphic. E3 will be the same.

Yeah, but this one seems to be dark and graphic.

6. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    It will be rated "AAA" by the Canadian Beef Association.

Do you like your Anakin medium rare or well done?

7. Landos_Love_Child

Landos_Love_Child Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2004
    I have to go with PG13. When you consider the Purge, severing of limbs (especially if there are a lot), possible Younglings slaughter (though we all know we're not going to see kids get hacked to bits), and the possibility of Anakin looking like deep fried chicken, the censors may think this would be a bit much even if implied on screen. Just a thought.

8. Cyprus-X

Cyprus-X Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, it has to be rated PG because of deals they have with toy manufacturers and whatever other merchandise that has the Star Wars name on it.

Star Wars is certainly meant to be PG, but I hope they don't have to get rid of large chunks of scenes to make it be rated PG. I guess they have to if they come to that road, but let's hope not.

9. Cyprus-X

Cyprus-X Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 10, 2004
    Well, it has to be rated PG because of deals they have with toy manufacturers and whatever other merchandise that has the Star Wars name on it.

Star Wars is certainly meant to be PG, but I hope they don't have to get rid of large chunks of scenes to make it be rated PG. I guess they have to if they come to that road, but let's hope not.

10. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    It will be rated 'Forcetastic', 'Jeditacular' and 'Padmazing.'

11. DJSPYNLL

DJSPYNLL Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    I think george should go out on a limb in this movie and make it pg 13.... I want to see death, destruction and violence in this last of the star wars movies.....

12. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Statistical analysis of the trend dictates that Episode III will be rated PG...

But...

I'm hoping for a PG-13.

13. woozlindemon

woozlindemon Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2003
    I agree with RogueScriber above, that this movie does not have to be graphic in order to be dark. I'm of the opinion that graphic on-screen violence is completely unnecessary in this movie.

I don't know. I was a big fan of the slasher genre when I was younger, but now that I've gotten older I personally find that implied violence can be significantly more disturbing. And by implied violence I mean scenes where Anakin walks into the kids training room and ignites his lightsaber before it cutting away to something else. Not the Emperor saying "I have a mission for you" and later Obi Wan telling Yoda "Anakin killed the kids. I saw it on a video."

I DO want to see Anakin kjilling off older Jedi, though.

What do you folks consider to be "graphic violence"? Is Anakin's arm getting chopped by Dooku graphic violence? Or is "graphic violence" more gore based, like the rumors around Anakin's charred look?

14. Helmet

Nov 1, 2001
    I think they mean gore. They don't want the shadow of Anakin taking Dooku's head, they want to see it rolling on the floor.

15. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    this doesn't reflect my opinion ( to be honest i havnt thought about what i want ep III to be rated) but it can easily be rated 12A here in the UK

16. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IT'S PG!!!

I swear people are right when they say that kids today just want gore and horror. I do not. I want a PG movie with dark THEMES< not cheap money shots. The movie is absolutely, positively going to be PG. You watch.

17. DukeNukem

DukeNukem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    AOTC had Fett's head rolling around on the floor

and C3POs too :p [face_laugh]

and still had a PG

18. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    PG. No question.

"Blood and guts" don't make a good movie, just a childish one.

19. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    i honestly don't see how this movie can be rated PG. just look at this as a single movie coming out and completely disregard the fact that the other 5 have been rated PG
    if you've seen the burned anakin pics, you know how graphic that is going to be. dooku, mace, grievous, lots of jedi, the seperatists, and most likely padme because of anakin (please please please) all die. it's going to be dark and evil like woah

but, you do have to consider the fact that this IS star wars. the passion of the christ would have been an NC-17 had it been violence dealing with anyone but jesus. but the MPAA gave it an R most likely because it dealt with jesus and religion and they were probably intimidated. i think they'll give Episode III a PG but only because it's star wars

20. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    It'll be PG. And we won't see a single drop of red blood anywhere. Whatever there is in EIII, we have seen before in SW.

Jango's head cut off, Tusken beheadings, long lingering look at crisped Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru, little Jawas being heaped in a pile to be burnt, tortured Shmi breathing her last, Luke's arm getting hacked off by his father, Maul skewering Qui-Gon, with blade sticking out, Maul literally halved, limbs flying here and there, everywhere, Imperial officers being slowly choked to death, Han being tortured and frozen .... the list simply goes on.

It'll all be shown briefly, tastefully and mostly implied. And it'll be PG!

21. FORCEFED

FORCEFED Jedi Master star 5

Nov 27, 2002
    XXX.

oh wait, that was the natalie portman dream i had last night. i'll spare you the details.

seriously, i gotta say PG. MAYBE PG-13. Lucas is all about the benjamins, and there's no way an R rated star wars could make as much as a PG one. it just alienates the whole kid audience...

plus if i was a kid now like i was back when the OT was coming out, and i couldn't find out how it all ended because it was rated to high for me to get in, i would completely boycott the whole thing.

imagine not being able to see ROTJ on 83? geez. i would've had a coniption fit.

22. The1Neo

The1Neo Jedi Master star 6

Jan 20, 2004
  23. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    parental guidance

24. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    I think all of us fans would love a PG-13, but it's still a kids movie. (involving killing a pregnant mother, and little kids)......lol

25. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    Hey...we did see blood in the cantina in ANH.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.