main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* What Will Episode III Be Rated

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Helmet, Feb 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ORCADEMON

ORCADEMON Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 25, 2002
    Would be cool if it were an R. No holds barred. Tell the story no matter how violent it is. If the kiddies can't come, so be it.

2. Darth_Fisher

Darth_Fisher Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2005
    I really hope that it is PG-13, because us real star wars fans need a movie that isn't just some little kid garbage!

3. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Watching what happened in Lucas' 60 Minutes interview, I would guess that it's going to PG-13.

4. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    yeah def. PG-13... and no star wars is garbage!

5. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    I notice a lot fans like to feel an ego boost because they like more adult stuff.

6. Darth_Fisher

Darth_Fisher Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2005
    Star Wars is for the most part an adult story, which was lacking from the first two prequels ,and it wasn't just because of the PG rating. If they could do ROTS with a PG rating and still make it adult enough for the fans that would be fine, but I think that ROTS really calls for a PG-13 rating which will open new boundries in the Star Wars movies.

7. chsen-one

chsen-one Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2004
    Will this movie come out Wednesday May 18 at midnight or Thursday May 19 at midnight??

8. Helmet

Helmet Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 1, 2001
    After looking at those Anakin pictures. It certainly seems like PG-13 to me.

9. rechedelphar

rechedelphar Jedi Master star 6

Mar 29, 2004
    May 18 (technically may 19) midnight. i think pg-13

10. jarjarsucks87444

jarjarsucks87444 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2005
    Its getting a huge pg-13 lucas even said it in an interview

11. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    THere is no way in hell that this is getting away with a PG rating.

And I would like to ask permission to the mods to start a PG-13 Gloat Thread when the rating becomes official. Certain people just "knew" that it wasnt going to be PG-13.

12. dominateur123

dominateur123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2005
    IT IS PG-13

wich is nice caus eit wont be little kid garbage and im 13 so i can go alone muhahaahhahhahaah

13. TheDarkSide115

TheDarkSide115 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Anakin burnt and charred, slaughtered younglings, mace windu thrown out the window, padme being force choked, definitely PG-13

14. spider2theman

spider2theman Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    Has to be PG-13, Ani gets deep fried and pork chopped, dismembered younglings, and most of all, General Grievous is so awesome that little kids would faint if they saw him.

15. Ben_kenoby

Ben_kenoby Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 6, 2005
    Remenber episode III is not yet rated!

16. irishd2

irishd2 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2004
    When will the MPAA rating for the movie come out?
    It should be soon...

17. JMKiljoy

JMKiljoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
    After reading the book, what about this movie is going to be so graphic that it would be PG-13. I'm not quite getting that and honestly believe GL keeps mentioning that to sway the ratings and make it seem darker.

Seems to me that it should be PG as there is nothing I wouldn't take my 10 year old to see.

18. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The MPAA hasn't rated it yet. I think they are set to give it a PG13, then got it, and could almost go R with it. If they show some of the temple scenes and burned Anakin, along with the violence aspect, it could very well go R it's first round. Then the editing really begins.

19. Irkan_Jedi

Irkan_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    Umm... I don't care what it's rated. I mean, honestly: the MPAA could rate it NC17 and it would be the same movie. I want a movie WITH PG13 MATERIAL. If they rate it PG, that just means... umm... uh... yeah, nothin.

Anywho, look at James Bond... they were steady rated for a while... then, bang! Ker-chango!

Also, I get the sense that this movie will be a good movie... not just a good Star Wars movie. Let me explain: AOTC was necessary to watch if you're a SW fan. TPM was too. If you write them out of the saga, the rest makes no sense. But I have a feeling ROTS will be the best prequel AND a movie that even your non-SW-fan girlfriend will watch with you.

If Lucas manages to make 12 minutes of dueling interesting, huzzah... if it's 10 minutes of them doing the same old thing... *yawn*

Heres my analysis:
    TPM was PG, and childy, because Anakin was too. You couldn't have a dark, forboding and gory movie with a kid... at least not a kid who A) survives and B) goes on to be a major character.

AOTC barely escaped PG13... however, lightsabers do not cause blood, (ponda baba later), so it made it through.

ANH was, technically, the bloodiest of the series, as the total of heavily bleeding characters skyrocketed to 1. This may be explained by Ponda's alien anatomy. There was no PG13,and it probably would have been.

ESB is scary for kids. Luke gets the sith (rimshot) beaten out of him. He is cut, bruised, and when he screams "No" you cant help but shiver. The two tauntauns die in creepy ways, and this movie was one of the deciding factors in making a PG13 rating.

ROTJ was fairly innocent. The only bit was Leia's fabric-conserving outfit, which wasn't meant to be (in the context of the story) all that suggestive. Not even ONE comment about this suit was made by the other characters (Han: "Yes! I reagined my sight! Woah, Leia, weere you wearing that the whole time?!"). Also, this and TPM are the two sware-free movies.

ROTS has a character screaming for help as he is cooked alive, pictures of his charred body, LOTS of death, spouse abuse, murder of children, and the subjective part, which the MPAA looks for, that its just plain dark and scary. This is ESB, but worse... PG13, unless the MPAA guys take some EXTREME pity. George Lucas diddnt hold back.

PG13

Over and out

20. JediMasterRonoc

JediMasterRonoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2005
    agreed. it'll be PG-13

21. Darthmybut

Darthmybut Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    It is PG-13 according to this source

http://www.movietome.com/movietome/servlet/MovieMain/movieid-26702/Star_Wars_Episode_III_Revenge_of_the_Sith

22. JediMasterRonoc

Apr 3, 2005
    i think it's goin to be PG-13.

http://www.dailyherald.com/search/searchstory.asp?id=32813

23. obi-won-der-bra

obi-won-der-bra Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Props goes to Mr Geek for the find. :)

24. JediMasterRonoc

Apr 3, 2005