main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL THREAD* Yoda in Episode III

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by shinjo_jedi, Jul 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baccusskywalker

baccusskywalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    I'm completely new to the board and this is my first post.

Like someone mentioned earlier Yoda goes to Dagobah becuase the dark side presence on the planet will hide him from Vader and Palpatine.

In EPSB does anyone recall the cave that Luke goes into during his training, Strong with the dark side that cave is. The dark side energy surely did not come from Yoda, so it must of been home to someone else.

Also when Luke leaves for Bespin, Obi-Wan says that boy is our only hope, and Yoda corrects him, saying no there is another. This would lead one to believe that Yoda is in full knowledge of the twins and for their safety Obi-Wan only knows about Luke. While Bail Organa raises Leia as his own daughter. I don't know how this is going to be pulled off, but it seems to be that Yoda is the puppet master in this whole thing, and he can still forsee the future to some extent, and obviously he still has the power to train Luke to hold his own and eventually beat Vader. Yoda is the ulitmate light side bad *** if he gets his butt handed to him what is the point of being light side in the first place. The whole point is that the light side is as strong or stronger but it takes much longer to master, he has had 900 years surely he is had time. I reject this idea that Yoda gets creamed by Sidious, but we will see. If Obi-Wan can hold his own with Anakin, Yoda can hold his own against the Emperor.

One more thing I've noticed on other posts about the dissapearance act done by fallen jedi, all of them were complete masters, on the light side and prepared and accepting of their death. I don't thing Qui-Gonn or any of the Jedi from AOTC had reached that level.

2. didzadams

didzadams Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2005
    you say that obi will convince her, to hide the children. one small prob with that is that obi, does not know there are 2 children until esb,

obi: there goes our last hope

yoda: no there is another

so therefore how can obi have anything to do with the birth, without finding out that she gave birth to 2 children.

3. DARTHAXZIVIOUS

DARTHAXZIVIOUS Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2003
    GL has been quoted as saying that the Dark Side is stronger, but the downfall is that the Dark Side will be your, uh, downfall...

At this point in time, it is hard to say what the duel will be like between Yoda & Sidious...

We do know that Chewy will be key in helping Yoda get to Dagobah... I can picture a 3rd party (wookies or a wookie) interupting the duel somehow... Purely speculation...

Will be interesting to see and find out...

4. Obi-2_Kenobi

Obi-2_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2004
    We know that Yoda is forced to make a quick exit at some point, and he would definitely never just walk away from the fight with the sith master. My guess would be lots of clones come to help sidious.

5. DARTHAXZIVIOUS

DARTHAXZIVIOUS Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2003
    I agree, something has to disrupt the duel...

Something has to happen to shift the odd's...

Someone one comes in and saves someone's but....

Troopers save Sidious...

Wookies/Chewy save Yoda possibly

Or I am totally wrong...

6. HAN_MULTI

HAN_MULTI Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2005
    Newibe here. I looked around and this seemed to me to be the best place to post my question. In ROTJ , the emperor
    has a walking stick. Does anyone think that this is Yoda's walking stick that Palps gets from his duel with Yoda ?

7. lenlenlen1

lenlenlen1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Question: Does anyone think that Dagobah is actually Yoda's homeworld, or just a place he uses to hide out?

And by the way, if he's only hiding out shouldnt he have come out to fight and maybe help out other surviving Jedis or even find new candidates (besides luke and leia) and create a new jedi order to stop the Empire?

Surely it can't take all of twenty years to heal up when you have the force on your side and you're one of the best ever at using it! And If just Luke and a few rebels could defeat the Empire surely Yoda and a bunch of cool new Jedi's could have done it too. There must be other force sensitives out there.

What do you guys think?

8. lenlenlen1

lenlenlen1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Does Obi Wan find out about Leia as a child or somehow only about Luke?

I think Obi Wan DOES already know about there being twins (Luke AND Leia) during ANH and ESB, but when he says "There goes our last hope" what he means is there goes the only person trained in the force that could have defeated vader and the emperor. He means that Leia is not trained and can do anything.

Or maybe youre right and he doesnt know. I always did find it strange that he doesnt seem to care about rescuing Leia in ANH. R2's message tells them shes in danger.

Hmmmm, interesting...

9. Kenobis_Babe

Kenobis_Babe Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 9, 2002
    Well, I?ve read some of the novelization, courtesy of MF.com, and I have to say that the portions that I read, so far, were not too bad. They were not really pleasant in some spots, but that?s to be expected.

For example, Yoda acknowledges that he handicapped the Old Jedi Order by failing to bring the Order into the modern age. The world around them had changed and yet he was too focused on making them into the Jedi that had trained him centuries before. (which nicely puts to rest one thread that suggested that Yoda had actually succumbed to the dark side at one point in his life, lol)

Quote from the novelization:"As it sometimes had these past thirteen years, when the Force spoke to him, it spoke in the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn,

"Too old I was," Yoda said. "Too rigid. Too arrogant to see that the old way is not the only way. These Jedi, I trained to become the Jedi who had trained me, long centuries ago?but those ancient Jedi, of a different time they were. Changed, has the galaxy. Changed, the Order did not?because let it change, I did not."

This is very realistic to me. In fact, I have more respect for Yoda than ever because he can acknowledge that he made some mistakes that had serious ramifications; but was still able to be proactive in setting matters straight.

10. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    wow. since 2002 this thread is only 8 pages.

dissapointing, this is.

11. Kenobis_Babe

Jun 9, 2002
    wow. since 2002 this thread is only 8 pages. dissapointing, this is.

Lol, this is my first time posting on this particular thread and I was thinking the EXACT same thing! I'm really shocked.

12. Womprat62

Womprat62 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    maybe kenobi thought leia died when alderaan blew up. maybe he didnt know that she had gotten off after she sent him the message...

13. Kenobis_Babe

Jun 9, 2002
    From what I'm reading, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Bail Organa are together when they decide what to do next. They know that Bail takes Leia home to his wife, the Queen, where she'll be loved greatly, and they adopt her. They all agree to wait and not train them from infancy.

14. Kenobis_Babe

Jun 9, 2002
    Does Obi Wan find out about Leia as a child or somehow only about Luke?

Obi-wan is there when Leia is born, so he knows about her.

I always did find it strange that he doesnt seem to care about rescuing Leia in ANH. R2's message tells them shes in danger.

It's getting into ANH topic, but Obi-Wan does get involved in rescuing Leia, that's how the saga begins, and he gets Luke to help him.

I think Obi Wan DOES already know about there being twins (Luke AND Leia) during ANH and ESB, but when he says "There goes our last hope" what he means is there goes the only person trained in the force that could have defeated vader and the emperor. He means that Leia is not trained and can do anything.

Luke wasn't even fully trained yet, that's why it was so dangerous, he left Dagobah prematurely. But as far as Ob-Wan, his primary focus was always waiting for Luke to grow up. Leia would be trained later.

15. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    bumped for the benefit of the search button impaired!!!

16. -Master_Yoda-

-Master_Yoda- Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2005
    Does anyone think that this is Yoda's walking stick that Palps gets from his duel with Yoda

Sorry, but [face_laugh]! The height difference between Yoda and Palpatine would be?

17. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    too much to consider that idea!

18. obi1andreasen79

Feb 25, 2005
    i,m just hoping that bumping this thread might provoke actual episode three discussion...instead of discussing sith and jedi robes....may the force be with the official thread!

19. Darth_Kraft

Darth_Kraft Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    a couple questions

1) Will yoda's relationship to anakin be discused further in this film, because in the preview they're talking about fear of loss, is yoda like a mentor to him or is he more like an overbearing athority figure

2)This question probably doesn't need to be answered but for the sake of conversation I'll ask it. How come yoda need's a stick to walk but he can fight without it, probably casue he channels the force, but why doesn't he channel it all the time slightly to aid his walking

lastly...

3) Is Yoda Kermit the Frong aged 900 years :-D

20. yodarulesforever

yodarulesforever Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2005
    Yoda is the most powerful Jedi in Star Wars and that's that...all those who oppose this fact are bloody nitwits....but unfortunately he does lose in a fight with Sidious, but that's not because Sidious is more powerful than him, but most probably because Yoda is just too old, he's afterall more than 800 years old and that he's disheartened by all the Jedi deaths caused by a Jedi who he like his peers percieved to be the "Chosen One" turned really bad.

21. revengeofthebeaver

revengeofthebeaver Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2005
    Mabey not the most powerful, but definatley the most capable. He has his age as an advantage as he learns about the force. Anakin may be the most powerful, but he lets his emotions get the better of him, and that makes him weak. Basically, he's a crybaby relative to what he could and should be.

22. jeddeth

jeddeth Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    anyone have any exact quotes by yoda from ep III?

I'm specifically looking for the one about fear and not being afriad to loose...

thanks

23. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I'd have to say that one of the more unusual shots in the movie is while aboard the Republic Gunship. Mace and Obi-Wan are talking about the Prophecy, while we see Yoda in what almost feels like a candid camera shot of him rubbing his temple... or maybe he was just combing his hair. A stressed Yoda that's doing the best he can to get a handle on the situation. It's a great shot which shows a very natural emotion.

24. Barth

Barth Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Yoda is the man.

25. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    plo koon gets 100 pages, yoda, who is argueably the strongest jedi ever, gets 8.

a shame, such a shame. plo koon gets no lines, 100 pages!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.