main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Title and election of City Rep

Discussion in 'Archive: Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    First read the thread for the recap of the 2/9/03 meeting. We decided the best way to decide these 2 is to have a discussion forum. This prevents people from other Fanforces on voting on things that don't affect them and also it is highly unlikely everyone in the FF would show up to the same meeting. We need to first vote on a title of our Fanforce, The 2 so far that are in the lead are..."Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton" and "Jedi Fellowship of Dayton". If you have one that you came up with yourself feel free to nominate it. Second we need to elect a City Rep for the Dayton Fanforce so nominate someone or just post that you are interested in being the City Rep. May the Force be wih all of you.

2. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Impressive, most impressive
    I can't believe that you guys could become an "official" chapter...by next week! Not meant as a complaint, just my sincere respect for the level of dedication you guys seem to have for this.

As for election of CR and Fanforce names, my only advice would be IF you want to hold poll elections on the boards (which work just fine), specify that when someone votes on the poll, they MUST post a reply on the thread with their choice. It serves as a double-check against people outside the Fanforce influencing the decision (yet you get some other "certain points of view" on the matter).

Now as for the CR position, this isn't like being elected President of the United States...this actually can have the person with the most votes win ;) Given, the "fellowship" mind-set of this group...think of your CR as the "Aragorn" of the group; able to lead the group, yet more concerned with the general well-being of everyone involved. In my chapter, some people think I have some kind of "power" with TFN and Fanforce; I really don't....but I do have certain responsibilites (answering to Bobafemme) in the interest of my board and the Fanforce in general.

3. MandalorianHunter

MandalorianHunter Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    First i think we should be called the "Mandalorian fellowship of Dayton" :) but i don't expect that to get very far. i vote for "Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton" because it can include fans of other characters other than jedi knights. Second i wish to nominate Sean_Starrider for city rep for several reasons...if it were not for him speaking to me by the star wars toys i would never have found out about this place, also he has been the backbone of this fanforce so far meaning he is always responding to people and trying to get conversation going in these forums. finally, i have read posts that date back to when the fanforce was first started...Sean was abandoned by the other people who came with him here but Sean didn't give up and continued to try to make this work and those are leadership qualities. I vote for Sean_Starrider.

4. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just so you know too, there is no rush on a name/title for your FF. You may want to evolve some more, grow a little before you choose a name or set one in stone. It's not a necessity for Officialness to my knowledge.

5. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Personally I like the title "Jedi Fellowship of Dayton" the best. But Mandalorian and others have a good point, why only cater to the jedi? By going with "Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton" it covers everyones tastes. So I vote for "Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton". Mandalorian what you said was very thoughtful, I thank you.

6. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    Hey everybody, sorry I couldn't make the last meeting I partied a little too hard the night before. I vote for the title to be "Star Wars fellowship of Dayton". Us Sith Lords need some love too. :) As far as the city rep thing goes, I sure as hell don't wanna be in a responsible position lol. I vote for Sean as well, for the same reasons as Mandalorian said and also Sean is very punctual and keeps his word. If he says he is gonna do something, he does it.

7. Gwen_Amidala

Gwen_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2003
    I vote for Sean to be elected city rep as well. If I didn't think he was a good and morale person who put the well being of others ahead of himself, I would not be dating him. I like "Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton" for the title.

8. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    From what I know (reading posts) I'd have to agree that Sean seems like he would make a good CR (I was in his position when we started Cleveland).

Maybe it's my own jedi-themed chapter, but I like the "Jedi Fellowship of Dayton"..."Star Wars Fellowship..." is a good choice for everyone to have a neutral sounding name.

And don't worry too much about your respective SW-affiliation, Darth-Zod (Steve) is a member of Cleveland's "jedi council"...so we make acceptions ;)

9. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Well I am honored that you all think that I would be a great city rep. This is going to be a great fanforce, heck I think it is already great. Just look how many people have already joined in such a short period of time! If I am elected then I promise to do whatever I can to make us successful and to see to it that everyone is happy and having fun in this Fellowship. :)

10. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    And the good news about being a CR is: you have to have your screenname in BLUE...avoiding this awful Valentine's Day pink ;)

11. PADA-1

PADA-1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2003
    Sean Starrider seems the logical choice to lead this thang, from what I've been reading he seems to be working hard to get this going. The meeting place change works out cool for me too, a little closer to Xenia. I also think the SW Fellowship title works for a chapter name, leaves room for all the affiliations of Uncle Palpy's universe. I will be bringing a friend from work also, the rest of my SW chums haven't responded to my emails so I assume they aren't interested.

12. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Krash, You'll have to answer to me for saying bad things about the color pink.

Also, just wanted to mention that CRs must be at least 18 years of age. Also, s/he should accept the rules of FF and TF.N/JC and abide by them. This includes helping your members mind the TOS. Also, if your group has other leader, they can receive titles. However, keep it within reason. Not everyone in the group should be a grand moff. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

More importantly, have fun this weekend.

13. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I like "Star Wars Fellowship of Dayton" as well, and I also would like to cast my vote for Sean as the CR. He does seem like a very responsible, honorable, punctual, all around nice dude.

14. SITH_L_MAUL

SITH_L_MAUL Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2003
    Well I think it's safe to say that by unanamous decision Sean is our new city rep! Good luck buddy and congratulations.

15. MandalorianHunter

MandalorianHunter Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2003
    good call sithlmaul, congrats sean and i'm sure you'll do the best job you can. to quote watto.."i have great faith in the boy"

16. Sean_Starrider

Jun 30, 2002
    Thank you all for having confidence and trust in me to elect me to this position. I will continue to try to make this FF the best one around. If there is anything I can ever help any of you with, don't hesitate to ask. I won't let any of you down.

17. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    All the best to you and your group Sean.
    I wish you many many years of good times
    and new friendships.

Sincerely,

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.