main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Title Announced!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by IwasIamyoda10, Aug 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth23

Darth23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    DO you really think that Battle of the Clones would have been more well received than Attack of the Clones?

2. DarthDorante

DarthDorante Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2000
    Battle of the Clones definately sounds worse than Attack of the Clones, which I don't have much of an issue with.

3. NerdyNathan

NerdyNathan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2001
    Personally, I don't have any problem with the idea of midichlorians. When I first heard of them, I was a little disturbed, but the more I thought about what Qui-Gon said in TPM, it makes sense. Midichlorians don't take away from the mysticism of the Force at all. The Force does have a will, but that does not mean the Force is a lifeform in of itself. In fact, that's one of the mysterious things about the Force. It's an energy field created by all living things (according to Obi-Wan in SW4), yet it has the will to cause things to happen (according to Qui-Gon in SW1).

As for the "Controlling your actions" bit, think of this. In Star Wars, Jedi are always telling people to "Use the Force." They make it sound like a tool. But how does a Jedi deflect blaster bolts? Is it the Jedi commanding the Force to make him/her fast enough to block the shot, or is it the Force controlling the hands of the Jedi to protect the very life that creates it? Obi-Wan says to Luke in SW4, "I suggest you try it again...This time, let go of your conscience self, and act on instinct." Qui-Gon says to Anakin in SW1, "Feel. Don't think. Use your instincts." Perhaps that's a little teachers' trick Jedi use on the new students. When the student thinks they're listening to their instincts, they're actually letting the Force protect them.

But of course, we're having a theological discussion about a fictional religion, so any or all of the above may be totally without merit. :D

4. Wedge

Wedge Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    I've been away from the boards for waaaaay too long it seems...and the reasons mainly are due to fanboys who, like Roeper says, need to get a life. So, this is for all you fanboys who need to get a life: Grow the Flock Up...Get Over It...You who fit that category of whiner probably whined at TPM's title and now think George is a genius for creating said title...

It is a brilliant title. It harkens to the days of yore, the days that influenced GL. It has a nostalgia. Besides, who gives a rat's butt about a title when it's the content that counts.

For those of you fanboys who DO have a life, well, you aren't offended by my witicisms and are intelligent enough to realize that the title of Ep. II is just that: a title.

Signing off for the next year or so...

5. Knayte

Knayte Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2001
    ok..... even though I think he was over smug and dismissive, Roeper has a point, there are WAY too many ultra-negative flamer fanboys around. These whiners and moaners create a anti-critical backlash, so that any thoughtful yet negative critisism of the movie and title get drowned out. Its Georgie L's movie to do with what he pleases, the fans dont own it, he does. The idea of petitioning for a name change is so ridiculious as to merit being ignored. One can argue whether or not a title is even all that important... maybe its not (a rose by any other name etc...) But maybe it is. Maybe its a symptom. The point I guess I started out to make in this post is that it is ok to not like this ATOC title. One doesnt have to be a pimplefaced hairypalmed fanboy to dislike the title. Ewan didnt seem too fond of it (he actually has his name attached to it), neither did Mark Hamel.

A clear and clean debate about the pros and cons of the title is possible, but given the reactions from both the whiner trash-it-all fanboys and the get-a-life smug set, it seems unlikely. It is possible to keep a proper perspective, live a balenced life, and STILL care about the silly details in and around Star Wars. I dont like the title, but I dont hate it either, and I know it is not the end of the world. I just hope the movie is better than Episode One.....I mean it HAS to be, right? ;)

6. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I just gotta say, I love the title. How anyone can argue that its any different from A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Phantom Menace, is beyond me. Come on people, don't you remember a couple of years ago when they announced the title for the new SW film was The Phantom Menace? Everyone was freaking out for awhile and then the noise went away. At least Lucasfilm released the title early so the negative fanboys have plenty of time to get over it. Plus, the trailers will quiet the negative fanboys...

7. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Not sure if it's been discussed, but there's no multiple meaning in the title, like in ROTJ or TPM.

And I think I am now used to the title.

8. NyLonathatep

NyLonathatep Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2001
    C3POAndSilentR2D2 : I salute you!!

:)

9. Draculas_guest

Draculas_guest Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 15, 2001
    I though 'Attack of the clones' was a terrible title, but as people have said earlier, in a way, so was 'Empire strikes back'.

When you hear the words 'Empire strikes back', you remember a decent film and pay no attention to the title, if AOTC turns out to be a good film, people will forget about the title and just remember the film.

Because the film hasn't been released yet, theres nothing good to associate with the title, so it just sounds hideous, but it is a pure popcorn saturday morning cartoon title, which does make sense in Star Wars, but it would be nice to have something that sounds a little more meaningful. At the end of the day, its the film that counts, not the title

10. Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 1999
    Just thought some of you might be amused by the initial reaction to the official title release. I certainly was!

:D

11. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Reagrding my first post in this thread; I have now accepted the programming.

`And doesn't this scream of the love story that Lucas mentioned.'

I still can't imagine a love story with this title though. ;)

12. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Haha, that was a very amusing read Phoniex.

There are a lot of members in this forum who should be ashamed of the things that I have said. The only thing that saved me from initially posting a negative comment was by the time that I got to the thread I figured there were enough of those already.... [face_laugh] :p

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.