main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Title Confirmation : Episode III: Revenge of the Sith!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, Jul 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    I was hoping for The Creeping Fear.

Nonetheless, I was so excited that I bought the tee-shirt.

2. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    The title is perfect.

3. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    Sure beats "Birth of the Empire"

4. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    I'm down. I too like the whole Revenge/Return connection...

5. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    WEll, i am excited, do you think bashers will soon have to put there foots in there mouths because ROTC will be great.

6. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Loving the title. :cool:

Revenge of the Sith

Ahh... :D

Well not much I can that hasn't been said...fits well paralleling Episode VI. Definately increases my hopes of this being as dark as George is saying it will.

7. chaoticewok

chaoticewok Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    Three of the movies have three-letter initials:
    TPM
    ANH
    ESB
    Three of the movies have four-letter intials and have "of the":
    AotC
    RotS
    RotJ

Perhaps a double meaning for the balance of the Force? :D

At least George has a sense of symmetry.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Pablo said a while back that there is no "formula" for naming the films. I'm sure it's all just coincidence that people pick up on. ;)

9. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    However, we don't know how long it has been his plan to use this title. He may have thought of it long ago, and then other fans happened to think of it too. At the time, it may have been completely original

Yeah, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Revenge of the Sith was in George's mind for one of the prequels ever since he changed ROTJ's title.

10. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Wow, I never expected this to be the title, since it almost sounded too... easy. ;) But it's good! It's really good... :)

Go George! :D

11. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    It's Star Warsy but, but, boring.

12. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    It's no more boring than the others. It seems boring because we've known it for so many years already, it's been lingering in our collective unconcious this whole time. We're as familiar with RotS as we are with TESB. It's not that the title itself isn't boring, it's just that it's not fresh.

13. KaaShamau

KaaShamau Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    That seems about right. Feels old because we're so familiar with it.

14. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    In the words of Rick McCallum: "This is ******* awesome"

DamonD edit : And in the words of the TOS, "User agrees not to post material that is profane" ;)

15. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I'll like it one day. But it's too similar to ROTJ. Almost wish for The Creeping Fear.

16. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    All I can say is, the intention is for it to be very similar to ROTJ. I cannot seriously believe that any doubts about the film should be amplified by the choice of title.

17. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Hey Soothsayer. I see you removed *our* title suggestion from your Signature!
    I like the new title. I woulnd't have minded if they chose ours but hey, no hard feelings on my side.

18. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    "Feels old because we're so familiar with it."

For me, this is why it's pretty nigh on perfect. It feels like there's a real authentic connection to the original trilogy and not just the product of marketing strategists etc. It manages to sustain the illusion that the whole saga had been thought out 30 years ago and not just patched together as GL went along.

19. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    BillyDeeBinks

Yea I went ahead and took it out of my signature since the title is confirmed now. I still like the one we came up with, however I really like this one as well.

I know it is one that I supported in the past and I like how it goes along with ROTJ.

No complaints from me.

Now what about the teaser poster? My computers desktop background is in need of a change and I can not think of anything better for it

20. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I guess only half of the report that Tom and I received ended up being correct. :(

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Good. I don't think any of us would have been able to handle it if you had been right about both the name AND the teaser poster. ;)

22. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Too bad, though. I would have really liked to see the poster. We did get an official look at the packaging schemes, though. :D

23. NotClownJ0KER

NotClownJ0KER Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 24, 2001
    Like I said on another thread...I guessed the title right after seeing AOTC...As A Joke!!!
    [image=http://shop.starwars.com/img/products/SWGTTEP3T_img1.jpg]

(edutid fohr spehlleng)

24. Darth_Deagol

Darth_Deagol Jedi Master star 2

Dec 22, 2002
    I was surprised to learn that George used ROTS. I was completely convinced of the argument that there couldn't be two titles with "of the" in it consecutively.

I like the title. It occurred to me shortly after watching AOTC, also.

25. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    For me, this is why it's pretty nigh on perfect. It feels like there's a real authentic connection to the original trilogy and not just the product of marketing strategists etc. It manages to sustain the illusion that the whole saga had been thought out 30 years ago and not just patched together as GL went along.

I don't think I even realized that was why I loved the title so much, but now that I think about it, you're absolutely right. There's something about this title that fits perfectly with the OT. A lot of previous prequel-related announcements had me cringing because while I thought it was interesting that George was exploring new avenues, I sort of didn't want the saga to change so much from the OT to the PT.

Unity has been restored to the saga with this title. The circle is truly complete. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.