main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAkuma

DarthAkuma Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2001
    Are my eyes bad? During the final battle in the arena I swear I didn't see a blue lightsaber. Maybe there were a couple, but I thought violet outnumbered blue (green was the most prominent). Did anyone else notice this or do I need to go to an optomotrist?

2. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Blue over orange background looks purple :)

Mace's purple saber sticks out like a sore thumb.

3. OB3

OB3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    I of meant TLOTR scene in reference to
    the similarities with the jedis being surrounded by battledroids in
    the arena battle!

4. BLKNIGHT18

BLKNIGHT18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2001
    The blue sabers look purple because the red-orange of Geonosis makes it look like that. I know that alot of the sabers look the same shade as Mace's but I bet in the movie we'll see the difference and will be able to tell that most are blue and not purple.

5. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Mace is supposed to stick out because he is the main fighter in the arena battle after ani and obi leave for dooku

So SAM wanting a purple sabre worked out quite nicely

6. JohnWilliams00

JohnWilliams00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Doode: feel free to say what you want but don't bitch just for the sake of it ok?

How was popcorn b*tching for the sake of it? I take it he/she is a new person around here, doesn't know anyone else that well (yet) and just wanted to say what they thought. They get satisfaction in saying how they feel just like anyone else. There was no personal vendetta to breed hostility in these boards with their statements. Your "whine and cheese" post in response though is the perfect example of what I wanted to see less of. Yes, if the person made extremly inciteful remarks like "This is crap, that sucks" then maybe they deserve a little attitude thrown back. (Even then, it should be in mods hands really).

Must every post have a "I disliked this aspect of the trailer BUT I LOVED the other part..." Who says there's a written law that we must 'cover our butts' with a gushing remark just to soften a criticism?? If I say I thought "Yoda looked a bit odd" do I have to add another statement like "but everything else was brilliant!!" If they see criticism, let them point it out. If they stick within the boundaries of reasonable taste, leave it be.

**I don't mean to single you out totally, others have been much more venomous for no reason at all. [face_plain]

7. PLO--KOON

PLO--KOON Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2001
    OB3,Gandulf and co dont even fight they are just surronded .The jedi are fighting till death.

8. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    If I say I thought "Yoda looked a bit odd" do I have to add another statement like "but everything else was brilliant!!"

No, But I think it would be better if you explained what you mean by odd, any person can come here to wind fans up by saying he looked odd. Maybe if you specified what you meant, Skin texture, colour, shadowing on his face, lip movement, hair movement, facial structure, I think makes for a much more believeable comment than simply, he looks odd.

9. OB3

OB3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    Not in that clip they don´t.

10. CountDooku918

CountDooku918 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    I don't know if anyone noticed this, but the second saber Anakin gets is Obi-Wan's. You can see this in the trailer.

11. jayme_

jayme_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2002
    "I think that was Padme's style of shooting and I think she was riding on some creature."

That's what I was thinking. It really reminded me when they were taking back the Palace in TPM, the way she was shooting. Her arm kind of gets pushed upward. Looks kick-ass. :cool:

12. Jedi_Stephen

Jedi_Stephen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I saw the trailer and I just wanted to say I think Episode II will be really good!!!

I think it'll be MUCH better than The Phantom Menace which was a really rubbish film in my opinion! :)

13. Shattered_Jedi

Shattered_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    ARGHHHH!!! I'm trying to download the huge file of the trailer, but at 26.6 kps im downloading 1.37 KB/sec. oh, well..only 6 more hours to go...

14. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    I think it'll be MUCH better than The Phantom Menace which was a really rubbish film in my opinion!

Talk about a double edge sword thing to say around here.

15. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    I have a question about a scene in the trailer. I appologize in advance if this has been mentioned before, because I am not sifting through more than a thousand posts to see if it's there. That being said, here's my question:

In the scene where Anikan and Ob-Wan are in their ship chasing Jango and Anikan gets up and jumps over the side, does anyone know exactly where he's going? Is he simply jumping off to land on the ground, or is he trying to land on another ship?

16. Griffz_is_dead

Griffz_is_dead Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    hmmm... you know what the trouble is with opinions?

Everyone has one...

17. M-RdotM-A-N

M-RdotM-A-N Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Did you guys figure out who was in tha jedi circle at tha end?

18. SLAVE2

Apr 6, 2000
    He lands on Zam's ship as she flies past :D

19. MrChubigans

MrChubigans Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    I think Im correct...Anakin is chasing a ship through Couresaunt (sorry for the misspelling). When Obi-Wan says "You lost him" and Anakin jumps from the speeder, he is jumping to the ship he was chasing all along. The trailer doesnt show him landing on top of the chased ship. Must have been the force that led him, eh?

20. TC25

TC25 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 2000
    well haven't posted for ages - no time you see, but with a new trailer out I really feel the need to.

It is truly awsome, not much storywise I don't think for the average viewer but they'll lap up the visuals. But for us fans it's a pure treat, I mean that scene with palpy and anakin it's fantastic.
    The arena scene is sublime, you know kindof beautiful and night marish at the same time.
    And Dooku, how utterly cool was he.
    Yoda just seems to get better and better - I love the look on his face in that last line, he looks truly disturbed - way more expression than in ESB, really is CG at its best.
    Christ, I almost forgot the asteroid chase, with that and the Coruscant chase this film is just going to be hyper.

I actually can't believe someone said the Geonosians look cartoony, they look seriously mean.
    And I think we all know that some of those shots weren't complete, but those that were, seriously challenge the CG vs. 'real' argument. It's just so hard to tell.
    Well, I'm knackered and I need to watch the trailer again

21. SilverWander

SilverWander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2001
    Ok im wondering is fox just gonnna air the trailer once or are they goning to contiue to show it?

22. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    that's cool JohnWilliams

but some people on here make me mad and they do it just cause they know how much we love these movies

23. Shattered_Jedi

Shattered_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2002
    Strange...I was more excited after watching the Clone Wars trailer than I was after seeing The Phantom Menace. And i really liked the phantom menace. I get out of school May 17 at noon, so me and my friends are going staight to the movies!

24. CountDooku918

CountDooku918 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    In the trailer, when Anakin gets the second lightsaber, it's actually Obi-Wan's. Just thought this was interesting.

25. JediLaura01

JediLaura01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2001
    Oh ok. I got it now, thanks guys! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.