main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I've made some Animated GIFs!!!

[image=http://jedixangel.homestead.com/files/AnakinSwing.gif]

[image=http://jedixangel.homestead.com/files/anakindooku.gif]

[image=http://jedixangel.homestead.com/files/AnakinForcePush.gif]

[image=http://jedixangel.homestead.com/files/FightJango.gif]

I've more... such as the levitate ball one.

2. Lock

Lock Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    I've done it once before, but I can't seem to get the trailer saved so I don't have to reload each time. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

3. Jedi_Stephen

Jedi_Stephen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    I agree with that Josh guy. The new trailer has restored my faith in Star Wars!

I think we all thought Lucas had become a complete tool after The Phantom Menace! What ws he thinking?!? :D

But now it looks like Star Wars will rock again! Just like Empire Strikes Back! Hurray for George Lucas! :)

4. Lock

Lock Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2001
    Nevermind... Found it. :)

5. DarthMaul84

DarthMaul84 Jedi Master star 1

May 27, 2001
    The trailer got me even more excited to see the movie. Now I am almost obsessing over the arena battle. I can't wait to see those Clones come in and save the day on the big screen!

6. Trancejedi

Trancejedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Okay, confession time. The trailer sent me into such a frenzy that I went purchased a lightsaber replica today. Should I be ashamed?

7. sidious1000

sidious1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2001
    it was to good for mere words, people who are bashing the movie now are just ****ING stupid

8. Trancejedi

Trancejedi Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Right on Sid

9. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

A brief comment on why people attack George Lucas and I don't think it's gonna be a big surprise to anyone. If you cut through all the emotions and arguments and points of view, I think SOME of the people who criticize Lucas are mainly upset that THEY ARE NOT GEORGE LUCAS! It's as simple as that. They're jealous of his status, his money, his achievements, his fame, all the normal stuff that human beings get jealous over. I'm just recognizing this kind of thing is human nature. It's understandable, but it makes me feel sad. I'm sure most of you can tell when a poster has a "real problem."

So we have a new trailer and once again certain people can't criticize him fast enough. Well, I'm sure some of the criticism is genuine and people just don't like aspects of the trailer, and then I think there's SOME people that perhaps need to get their own life together, instead of projecting their anger onto someone who obviously DOES have his together.

That's all...most of us posting here live in the U.S. and respect the First Amendment. Let's give everyone room to express their opinions, while at the same time recognizing Mr. Lucas is just a human being. And these are JUST movies!

10. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    HARRY FROM AICN - STAR WARS EPISODE 2: ATTACK OF THE CLONES Trailer Here!!! OHMYGOD!

""
    Sweet Mary with her lost sheep, this trailer is enough to make you weep! Harry here, breathless at having just seen this damn fine trailer. I wasn't at home today to watch this air live on TV, as I was at the Paramount Theatre watching the debut of two rather wonderful independent films, "ZigZag" the debut film by David Goyer as director and a movie shot on High Def and projected digitally called "Master of the Game," which was an intimate tightly written marvel. I come home and I get to see this, about 20 times, and folks... This just looks fantastic. This could be it. Maybe Lucas has done it. Maybe he did listen to the criticisms while maintaining his vision for the story as he has wanted to tell it. Or maybe he's decided to just dazzle us with wonderment. At this point I don't care. I just, desperately want to see this movie immediately. Sooner would be nicer, like tonight, but as I think it is highly unlikely that I could see this movie before tomorrow, I would like to. If you can set up a screening for me either before my panels at SXSW tomorrow or after the Book Signing... That'd be sooper. Hhehehehe.... However, I'm afraid I'm going to just have to stand in line like everyone else... :( Oh well. hhehehe, That's part of the fun of it all, eh? Here's the mind boggling new trailer...

Click Now and Shut the Hell Up and Drool!
    ""

The Link

11. Cel

Cel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    This will be exciting to see in theatre release,

plus the DVD will be groovy.

12. DarthTyranus2

DarthTyranus2 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2002
    The *Only* thing that I didnt like was the fact we didnt get to see that much Jango vs. Obi as we did before. But other than that, the trailer was PERFECT, A+

13. The_Cloaked_One

The_Cloaked_One Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2002
    I want to see more Jedi Council and what is happening with them. Yareal Poof is gone and some new guy is in and it was never shown about Ki Adi Mundi and Plo Koons mission was. :( Oh well, beggers cant be choosers. :D

14. Hannibal05

Hannibal05 Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    WOW!! looks like a great video game!! I can't wait to play it. Oh, that's right. It was a preview for the "Movie" not the new Jedi Knight game. CGI at its worst folks. Fake-Fake-Fake-Fake. Wasn't that an N'suck boyband member I saw? Ooops! I better be careful or all you "need to get a life" people will start preaching to me how this movie is going to make more money then Titanic did. Just like everyone told me the phantom menace would. What?? You mean The Phantom Menace didn't break that record?

15. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    plus the DVD will be groovy.

Can you think of a better reason to buy a projector and a 9-foot screen? lol *stars saving up for a nice 9" CRT projector*

16. Jorus_Kando

Jorus_Kando Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    WOW!! looks like a great video game!! I can't wait to play it. Oh, that's right. It was a preview for the "Movie" not the new Jedi Knight game. CGI at its worst folks. Fake-Fake-Fake-Fake. Wasn't that an N'suck boyband member I saw? Ooops! I better be careful or all you "need to get a life" people will start preaching to me how this movie is going to make more money then Titanic did. Just like everyone told me the phantom menace would. What?? You mean The Phantom Menace didn't break that record?

The funny thing is you entered this thread with the same narrow-minded and antagonistic attitude you were expecting to receive. Irony is a beautiful thing, innit?

17. Cel

Cel Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Why must you bash it? we live in the future where now the movies are part CGI,

Eh. [face_plain]

18. Griffz_is_dead

Griffz_is_dead Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002

"WOW!! looks like a great video game!! I can't wait to play it. Oh, that's right. It was a preview for the "Movie" not the new Jedi Knight game. CGI at its worst folks. Fake-Fake-Fake-Fake. Wasn't that an N'suck boyband member I saw? Ooops! I better be careful or all you "need to get a life" people will start preaching to me how this movie is going to make more money then Titanic did. Just like everyone told me the phantom menace would. What?? You mean The Phantom Menace didn't break that record?"

In times like this I pray for murder.

19. TigerClaw

TigerClaw Jedi Master star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    Those are cool animated gifs but unfortunately, They look very pixelated and you can barely see whats going on in them.

20. Jedi_Stephen

Jedi_Stephen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    We do live in the future now don't we! It's 2002 which is cool!

What's wrong with CGI anyway? I think it makes films look brilliant! You couldn't make AOTC with plastic sets and stuff, it would look like crap!

21. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Griff? Is that you? :eek:

22. Griffz_is_dead

Griffz_is_dead Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2002
    Yeah, could you imagine what kind of monsterous technical nightmare it would have been to composite something like the final battle scenes using old school optical tricks from 20 years ago? It gives me a headache thinking about it.

23. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I think you can see Yoda and Ki on the Gunship, its around 1:40 sec in were 3-4 gunships are circling.

24. Prime-Chuck

Prime-Chuck Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    The trailer was good. But for a second there, I thought I was watching the intro to a computer game.

25. JEDI-JT

JEDI-JT Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2002
    Jia Bao Yu-

"JEDI-JT,
    Actually, my handler is taken from the central figure in the chinese love story "Dream of the Red Mansion"..."

Usually I hear that novel refered to as Dream of the Red Chamber, but sure enough, it`s also transleted as " Dream of the Red Mansion". I`ve wanted to read it but it seems to be quite an undertaking. Someday I`ll get to it. Anyway, if that`s also your name for real, that`s an awesome name...much better than my first sorry attempt to translate. BTW, some guy sent my computer illiterate butt a link for the larger version so it`s all good. Cheers!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.