main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    Members of MSN

I have created a room specifically for this Thread...no offense all mighty creator of this thread.

Just for those who require immediate responses to posing queries?

http://chat.msn.ca/chatroom.msnw?rm1=The+Force.net%27s+comment+room&cat=EA&lang=1&des1=&welcome1=&loc=FR-CA&newroom=1&rm=The%2520Force.net%2527s%2520comment%2520room&des=Anything%2520that%2520pertains%2520to%2520AOTC%2520trailer%2520D&welcome=May%2520the%2520force%2520be%2520with%2520you%2520and%2520keep%2520it%2520clean%2520folks%2521

or "The Force.net's comment room" in the Worldwide Entertainment section of rooms.

Please enjoy the MSN chat experience

Jae

2. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Snap it totally right

Man I love our new mod :D

!snap

3. AnimatorCarter

AnimatorCarter Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2001
    I think once AOTC is released I'm going to wait a week then come back here, let all the spleen venting calm down!

4. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    Disappointed

only 2 people discussing AOTC in my MSN chat room

5. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Just like to point out that Saesee Tiin can be seen here:

[image=http://www.auctionpix.co.uk/free_uploads/Episodeii/saesee.jpg]

Unfortunatly as the gunships are arriving at that point, he must die soon after the shot :_|

6. Masterlucas

Masterlucas Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2002
    Now that the craziness has settled down on this topic, I wanted to state that I loved the trailer, the visuals were amazing and the snippets of dialogue are very cool (Obi-Jango face-off, Dooku's offer, Palpatine talking with Anakin). Great Stuff.

I had no problem with the CGI, Hayden's performance, the amount of effects in some scenes. I was amazed at some of the things being criticized, I mean how can anyone question Cris Lee as a villain.

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Can someone help me for 1 second.. im too lazy t start seacrhing the board... but what is that new dudes name that sits on the Jedi Council and where can i obtain a pic of him (Or someone posting it for me would be better im at school and im updating my webpage)

Spanks you all!

8. MaulsWoman

MaulsWoman Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 2, 2000
    Groovy Ssi Ruusuvi, the music in the trailer isn't necessarily the music that is going to be in the movie. I guess someone has already said this though.

9. moparguy

moparguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2000
    Does anyone know who the few are that are left in the last few shots when they are totallt surronded and being fired upon. The circle shot.

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Great trailer, but Anakin sounds like the biggest nerd in the galaxy... I hope I'm wrong, but all his dialogues sounded really flat. Oh well, AOTC is still gonna kick butts!

11. JediSilverstar

JediSilverstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    Give the dialogue in the trailer a break. A lot of it is going to sound really bizarre out of the context of the film. Certain lines just don't feel right if they are alone. I'm sure most of these will fit just fine when AOTC finally comes out.

12. Darth_Saytan

Darth_Saytan Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    does anyone have the large version of "mystery" for download?
    and why isn't there a search function on this forum? just curious.........

13. marky3320

marky3320 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    I finally saw the trailer through Quick Time, and I have to say, it really got going. Can't wait to see it in May. About time we get to see someone wielding 2 lightsabers, and isn't cool to see the origins of the stormtroopers, star destroyers, AT-AT's? And didn't that bar scene and the scene where Anakin and Amidala are on the ledge in the trailer remind you of a couple of scenes in "A New Hope"?

14. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Episode II's trailers ARE WAY better than TPM's!

15. Twelve_Motion

Twelve_Motion Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    Alright! Almost afraid to ask this but does anybody know where I can get a mpeg version of "Clone War", w/ the biggest resolution. Thanks. :)

16. JarJarIsBoba

JarJarIsBoba Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Funny...

The Episode II trailers ARE better than TPM's but they show LESS!

They keep showing that same lightsaber scene of Obi and Zam.
    They spend hordes amount of time on the speeder chase on Coruscant.
    Palpatine's office gets a LOT of traffic in AOTC.
    The rain battle between Obi and Jango is old news.
    The arena battle had so many cuts that you need to go frame by frame to see what's really happening.
    They keep showing that aiwha flying over Kamino.

I'm just glad that when I do see AOTC, there will be many more things to see.

17. JULES_WINFIELD

JULES_WINFIELD Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2001
    Won't we see some other Jedi use two lightsabers during the arena scene? I thought I saw that somewhere.

18. Starwoman

Starwoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2001
    Well, I'm another late poster, but I watched the trailer over and over with the result that I was definitely impressed. The first viewing I was struck by all the fast moving action. Then I started to look at different things and the standouts for me were Anakin's Jedi skills(specifically the way he handles the saber), Jango Fett with Obi-Wan, the Solar ship, Dooku, Padme and her reaction to getting slashed by the creature(forgot the name of it).

19. theTrueMolerocket

theTrueMolerocket Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2001
    As an exercise, I'd like people to ask themselves whether they had a terminal problem with the CG in episode I. Personally, I think if anything's gonna 'jar' me out of that movie and ruin the experience, it is not the quality of the CG that will do it.

Bottom line: I think Episode 1's CG was fine, and therefore when 2 is released, its CG will be fine also.

We should be worrying instead about the story: will it justify all this CG? Will it justify episode 1? will it be immersive, complex, and enjoyable?

I hope so.

20. DarthJacky

DarthJacky Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2001
    Was that R2-D2 flying? Can anyone out there piece a coherent "supertrailer" by arranging all 4 trailers into 1 coherent one?

21. Schmitz97

Schmitz97 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2001
    MAjor Flaw Seen in "clone war' trailer

It's Hilarious to see that people who call themselves fans of STAR WARS, bash the movies.
    So for all the the people who hated TPM then tell with the new trailer do already see a FLAW, I do, it's hilarious to me because,I don't care. That's why, for what TPM was, it was A great movie And with George's explanation of why he went so far back in Anakin's life is suffencient These movies are the creation Of George Lucas, so if your a fan you have to like it all or not at all no matter what you don't like

So what is the flaw you tell me.

ok ok i'll tell you.

Palpatine is Supreme Chancellor, right
    We know this because of the end of TPM,right

It's known that AOTC is 10 years after TPM right

have you figured it out, OK OK

It takes Supreme Chancellor Palpatine, 10 years to do his FIRST ACT???

Shouldn't it have been returning to the Senate Chamber and revoking thr TRADE FEDERATION franchise

So the movie that looks to be the best SW film out of all 6(since evil wins in ep 3)
    there is a major time frame flaw hope george catches it, should be Boldest act

But then again it could be just his first act in a succession of acts after the senate approves him the use of emergency powers

22. JJAGADEY

JJAGADEY Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2001
    THE YODA ACTION?

imagine what the crowd reaction in the theater would have been like when Darth Maul ignited his double ended lightsaber for the first time and we all DIDN'T know it was going to happen? AMAZING

but they threw away a great cinematic reveal by showing that moment over and over again in commercials, in comics, and in toys before we sat down to see it in theaters.

Trust me... just wait for the moment.
    The more they keep hidden , the better your movie experience will be. We'll see YODA soon enough. and WINDU and ...

23. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I saw yoda in action

it looked pretty sweet ass

24. jeneverdi

jeneverdi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    There is a human jedi kneeling on the ground at the end of the second mass jedi sequence, who appears to be weilding a green and a blue lightsaber. i.e 2 sabres.
    In the same sequence, the first female jedi we have ever seen is swinging a lightsaber with her left hand, almost smiling, showing considerable grace and a powerful delivery of the living force. wow. im in love.
    this is definately not Bultar Swan, compare costumes, hair, tone from pic at:http://www.theforce.net/episode2/characters/

25. JediLuminari

JediLuminari Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    The megatrailer was very good, I can't wait for the release, I enjoy the backgrounds of the great cities and temples and the waterfall and the lake in Italy. All of Amidalas outfits are great I love her look on the lake the best. The jedi fights look great and can't wait to see yoda using some lightning. The whole asteroid explosion is awesomely done and beautiful, with the solar ship and all the others, Can't wait to see if they'll talk more about anakins father, or qui gon or han solo, and yes jimmy smits kinda reminds me of Prince valium from spaceballs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.