main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**Official Trailer D Discussion Thread**

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Mar17swgirl, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthlebowski72

darthlebowski72 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 5, 2001
    I heard "Hey look it's Boba Fett" for like the 1,001st time but other than that I got goosebumps when I saw the trailer. "Ice Age" was cute and I laughed a couple of times. It was ok I guess.

2. Agent-Fett

Agent-Fett Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2002
    I saw the trailer on the big screen to, I wasnt expecting it to be so different then on the T.V. You could see a lot more, and the dialogue was good. The lightsabers were loud, and deep.

3. admiral jimmy

admiral jimmy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    Does anyone know if Ice Age features D in Europe too???

Just saw at fileplanet.com: trailer d is #2 on DL list.

4. admiral jimmy

admiral jimmy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 1999
    ....and Ice Age started with 13 million $ on Friday! they predicted 20 million $ for the whole weekend.

Maybe trailer d influence??

5. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    maybe a bit

i don't think it had that much impact.......

6. metalgearrx

metalgearrx Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Personally, I came for the AOTC trailer and stayed for the movie, not vice-versa.

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The Ice Age I seen never showed Clone War. Has there been any information saying that Clone War may be shown with another film that is rated PG? If so, what film might it be with? I'm in Canada and they have a different rating system here I guess.

8. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    I just saw "Clone War" in front of Ice Age, projected in DLP and it was absolutely amazing!!!! Anybody that could honestly criticize the look of AOTC is either a plant or just plain ignorant. All the flaws I thought I had noticed by watching the trailer on T.V. were absent in the DLP version. Everything looks PERFECT!!! Even Yoda!!! It looks like the puppet from ESB was magically brought to life!!! And to all the bashers who insist people don't want to see Star Wars, I just sat in a theater of children and parents all clapping and screaming for AOTC!!! This movie is totally intended for digital and it looks unbelieveable!!!

9. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Yup, at first I bashed the CG Yoda, but after the leaked bunch of about 65 pics, he looks incredible.

10. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 26, 2001
    Just saw the trailer before Ice Age as well and have one question. Every shot looked like a close up from what I have seen on TV and on the net. Did anyone else notice that the images were zoomed in more or was it just the projection? Thanks for your guys' imput.

11. jiabaoyu

jiabaoyu Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2000
    I went to the AOTC trailer on the big trailer---on yeah, and I stayed for the movie :)

Anyway, the theater didn't let us in until in until it was almost time for the trailers (probably some kid wet himself!) and I barely got settled before the EPII trailer came on....

...and then the MOST HORRIBLE THING HAPPENED...a BIG BLACK BAND came over the trailer for the first few seconds of the of the trailer and it was really distracting. I mumbled something like "WTF?!" and so did some other people in the back.

The theater was only half full(late showing of a kiddie flick) but I noticed the audience was silent before, during and after the trailer...is that a good sign? If they really weren't interested, they would have been talking, but they weren't, people talked over some of the other trailers, but no one said anything over Clone War.

When I went and saw the Breathing trailer, everyone got really quiet when the trailer came out (and one person clapped really loudly) and there was complete, almost reverential silence (and then everyone kind of laughed at the cheesy title). But that was the FIRST EPII trailer, so reverence was expected, right? ;) On this next trailer, there was just silence until the next trailer...I guess that's a good sign.

The trailer looked REALLY nice! My friend leaned over and said, "Size DOES matter!" when it came onscreen, and I had to agree. :)

12. jeneverdi

jeneverdi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Where i live there are no theatres, so Im not going to town until May. I just saw the trailer on a much better pc than mine, and again I was blown away. I missed a few of the themes introduced in earlier trailers, however the emergence of the Clone Wars Im sure has been anticipayted since Old Obi wan sat Luke down for a chat.
    I also noticed that in the battle scene, the jedi whom early reports said was holding two light sabers actually only appears to be. Infact behind him a jedi is moving forward on his knees swinging a violet and a green light saber faster than the camera can catch. He moves into frame on the deep right as the jedi in the foreground spins around.
    And I agree, it looks like the same poles on the ground that once held Anakin and Padme.
    All the other battle implements suggest Geonisis is being decimated at the same time?

13. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I bet the trailer absolutely rocks on the big screen. For as many times as I saw Forbidden Love, it may as well been the first time when I saw it on the big screen. Huge difference.

14. Jaeden2k

Jaeden2k Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2002
    I have stayed away from most of the negative feedback on these threads as much as possible. I can't deal with anyone saying negative things about the world George has create for us True Escapist! I decided against seeing the trailer w/ Ice Age. The next time I see the Lucasfilm Logo again will be on May 16, 2002.

I, like a few million others, have watched each trailers over and over again on the miniature screen of my PC. Still AWESOME!!!

I am glad to hear that the CG, for you people that had doubts (I didn't care), looked real and wasn't what you expected. I never go into the Theatre with High or Low expectations when watching anything Star Wars...as it should be. I just anticipate emmercing myself for approximately 2 hours and pray to god that a person, 360 degrees around me, doesn't continuously open their big mouth, like the 5th viewing of TPM.

I will undoubtedly have to watch it more than once, as per usualy, because of the fact you miss about 20% of the Dialogue during the first 2 weeks of it's release...People just can't cheer quietly enough...LMAO!

Have a great 2 month wait, people!!!

15. jwongin

jwongin Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    You, just like your friend(the force .net person who is looking forward to SPIDERMAN), and all the other so called Star Wars fans, need to stop with your sorry reviews and thank Lucas for the hours of fun he has blessed your little boring wolrds with. This trailer was flawless. The movies will be flawless unlike the sony spiderman. You people should not be allowed to own, buy, rent or even barrow a Stars Wars video, DVD or VCD. This is his vision, and you should be thanking God that he shared it with us on the silver screen. If he didn't, what in the hell would you little unworthy ### be doing. Bored out of your minds.

All the wanna be critics need to shut up, recognize, and enjoy it before its gone like Michael Jordan Magic Johnson And Larry Bird.....

16. dark_phoenix

dark_phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2001
    ########

did you see on 2.02 on the clone war trailer that that is the part were suddenly the federation droids come out of the arena.

i don't know if anybody else have noticed?

#######

17. Marek the Jedi

Marek the Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    "Wazi :Arghhh!!! You US folks are lucky! We euoropean guys have to wait until prolly june/july to see it. "

Where are you from ? Almost whole Europe will get movie same day !!!!

Not like last time when we here in Slovakia were forced to wait till September

18. Demnarok

Demnarok Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2002
    OK...I'm new around these parts, so hopefully my question is on topic (don't know how strict youse are with topicness).

I can't view the trailers on quicktime. Are they available in any other format somewhere?

19. DarthScully

DarthScully Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2001

For as many times as I saw Forbidden Love, it may as well been the first time when I saw it on the big screen. Huge difference

exactly. i was surprised how screen size can make such a difference for a SW trailer. when i first saw the Spiderman trailer online i thought it rocked. but i felt nothing "new" when i saw it up on the big screen. not so with SW.

20. JmanWalrus8

JmanWalrus8 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2002
    DOES ANYONE HAVE THE WAL-MART TRAILER?

yours,
    j

21. darthmaul-jkd

darthmaul-jkd Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2002
    Amazing cool stuff..........

22. sithlord2049

sithlord2049 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I remember reading this in the official AOTC picture thread, but decided to put it here because it has to do with the Clone War trailer.

I just watched it again and noticed something about the clone troopers. I saw a GREEN marked clone trooper. Thats right its GREEN. It was not the light, its actually green.

Unfortunatly, I can not seem to get or find a good picture of it. But the time mark is 1:31-1:32. In those two seconds you can see the green-marked trooper in the third row. He is diagonal to the trooper in front of him (on his right side) which is daigonal to the red marked trooper we see the close up of.

I'm tryin to be as detailed as i possibly can, hopefully without any confusion, because I cant get a pic.

So if anyone can get a pic from the trailer at the 1:31-1:32 time spot...we can all see the third colored trooper.

And if someone already did those many-a-pages ago...then i just wasted my time. Hopefully not.

23. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    yeah. tehres also a yellow and red striped one too....

24. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I think it would be a shame to lose this thread into forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.