FF:SA Official Trailer Thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by oz_skipp, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, so I was bagging LF for not releasing more than one teaser (I'd prefer a couple of teasers rather than the stupid amount of stupid merchandise) but what do you guys think of the new trailer? Of course this topic won't become active until it's actually released, but I thought I'd get in and start it first. Yeah I'm cheeky.

Is it being released with any specific movies in SA? I ask cos I'm going to the movies next week (or Sunday night), so it may help sway me ;).

Only a few more days until it becomes officially released, ahem...
  2. Nawara-Ven Jedi Knight

star 3
    I read this somewhere too....apparently it 'debuts' during the OC this week and then in cinemas the week after. Not sure if that's US or here though.
    :)
  3. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    Apparently (read the Episode III section of theforce.net) it was accidentally screened in Peru cinemas a few times. Apparently someone filmed it. Apparently you can download a really crappy version. Apparently some people reckon it's not worth downloading as you can't see much. It's caused a bit of a s**tstorm in the 3SA forums.

Only a few days to go I guess.

The official poster has been released however: http://theforce.net/episode3/newspics/e3poster.jpg for the small version. http://www.theforce.net/episode3/newspics/e3poster-big.jpg for the big one.

Kindof cool I suppose. Will look good on my wall with the other 5. Less characters, more emphasis on action, which bodes well for the film. ObiWan and Palpatine look silly to me - not quite right. And Vader's helmet is stupidly off centre. Perhaps the weakest of the prequel trilogy posters so far, moreso given the powerful subject matter of the final film. Still looks quite good. I guess I'm a tad undecided ;) . How long until it appears in shops I wonder?
  4. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmm, I'm not sure that I like the poster, but then I never really liked the others either, they were just okay. Palpatine looks like an old woman...
  5. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    So what do you think of the trailer guys?

Quite good. Very dark. Very evil. Huge scope of the big changes in the Star Wars universe is conveyed nicely, along with some of the characters' personal upheavals. And even though it shows 'a lot', many things such as Padme's pregnancy, the machinations in the Senate (although it's aluded to), Grievous, the final lightsabre battle are barely touched on, or if they are, in a very brief fashion.

There is so much in this film, yet it's going to be relatively short - 2 hours and 8 minutes I've heard. I still don't konw how it'll all be packed in. Hopefully without lots of stupid dialogue (ie You're not sandy. I love you. You can't. Why. It'll destroy us. Okay. No wait - I love you.....bleurgh!!!!).

BTW - Palpatine is so much more evil than Darth Vader. He is going to rule this film. Oh yes.
  6. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

yes, don't we all hope it's not full of mush like the memorable fireplace scene?

I haven't seen it yet, but I will now!

7. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
    O...M...G....

I just saw it, twice....and it's awesome...... :D :D [face_love]
  8. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Where ?
    When ?
    What did I miss ?
    As for Palpy being more evil than Vader.... Really ???
    Vader is only the puppet, Palpy hand his hand up Vader's butt for two decades.
  9. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    saw it as well.

Wow just wow.
  10. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    When and where you ask EI? If you really were evil, you would have had the trailer several days ago before it was released.

[face_skull][face_skull][face_skull]
  11. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    NO fair! Tell us, please ... Tell us NOW!
  12. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think I can tell you lest I get banned (as some people have) but if you go to the 3SA forum you should be able to figure it out. I could bring a decent hires version on my lappy by next week to show people at the laser shootemupthing.

Alternatively, search carefully for relevant stuff with any file sharing program and it should turn up.

I bet the Today Show has it on Monday or at some point next week.
  13. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    OK, cheers! Will suss it out.
  14. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I'm not going to ban people for first offences, you guys just aren't allowed to link to the trailer. I'll only be editing them out unless you insist on being a repeat offender. :p
  15. oz_skipp Jedi Master

star 4
    Not at all arguing with the mods here, or arguing with the owners (who pay for bandwidth and have to deal with LFL) one bit. They are trying to do the right thing, as am I by not posting any direct or even indirect links to the trailer.

But I must ask the following question anyway....

Shouldn't LFL be happy that people are posting links to the trailer which advertises their own film??? For free over the internet - it doesn't cost them a cent to drum up this amount of publicity. I mean, it's just a trailer.

Unless they are doing it to drive up demand for Hyperspace (a year ago I would've joined had I had ADSL, now why bother, we find out anything quickly enough anyway).

Just wondering is all...
  16. Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR

star 6
    Don't worry. I'll wait until the 14th when I can see it legitimately online. I don't have file-sharing anywho. No need for theatrics.
  17. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I agree completely, oz_skipp. It's an issue that's been debated by the mods, but in the end the last thing we need is to be taken down for distributing copyrighted material.

I remember waiting three years ago for the AOTC trailers to come out, refreshing the SW.com page every couple of minutes to try and get it to load, it was so crowded. Those were the days...
  18. starfire-phoenix Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw the trailer tonight and it was freaking awesome :D

I guess I hadn't thought too much about what rots will be like, so it was rather interesting for me to see.

It looks like it will be great, and even if the story itself is a disappointment, it looks like we'll get to see at least a couple of really cool lightsaber fights :D
  19. milney Force Ghost

star 5
    I had the bootleg version about a week ago.

But I must say, the HDTV version I now have is freakin amasing.

---SPOILERS---
    I love Palpy's line:

Are you threatening me Master Jedi?

It's so evil
  20. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    This is Palpatine's film. not Vader's.
    Broken down, old has been......
    Why don't I have it yet ?
    Simple, I have patience. I'll wait till its given to me by a loyal friend, whom shall be rewarded greatly.
    Any loyal friends willing ...???
  21. MsWinter Jedi Master

star 4
    whoa!!

yeah.....um.....I'm blown away. I just downloaded it from a program that shall not be named.....

I'm really looking forward to this now!! Man!! I can't wait!

You have a PM waiting for you E-I, if you haven't noticed already!! :D

22. Quinten_JarVos Jedi Master

star 4
    Two Words for the Trailer.

Bloody Good
  23. DarkDisciple Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Im so looking forward to this, i loved the trailer! Cant wait to see palpatine doing what he does best lol
  24. Adalia-Durron Former RSA/EUC Empress.

star 10
  25. DarkDisciple Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Being an Evil B*****d!!!!! this is going to be so cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.