main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Traitor thread. (poss. spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by beafet, Nov 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Of the upcoming books, this is the one I look forward to the east. His writing style doesnt sound like it really suits SW

2. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    why are you looking forward to the east for? but seriously, I think it will be one of the best, if not the best, SW novels ever. Just based on the author, and the general way the NJO is so dark, comparitively speaking.

3. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    L. Least. Dumb keyboard :)

doesnt matter how good an author is. If he cant write and/or understand SW, it wont be good, IMO. Hopefully, he does understand it :)

4. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    I'll bet he does. he does seem to know that the NJO is not a light book series.

5. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    doesnt matter how good an author is. If he cant write and/or understand SW, it wont be good, IMO. Hopefully, he does understand it

He knows that Star Wars is not Heroes Die. Let me remind you that he's also written a very well-received Flash Gordon novel with no curse-words worse than a "Damn." Of course, the one guy that really mattered happened not to like it for some random reason and not have it published, but whatever. The guy will write a Star Wars novel, not another Caine novel with a Star Wars title. Have some faith.

6. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    oh, I have faith. Just not as much as for the next three :)

7. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Faith is blind, unrequited beleif.
    Faith=not for me.

But now I'm really looking forward for Traitor, if it has to do with making me cry and making me depressed and making me angry, I'm in.

8. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    But remember, right after Stover we get Mr. "Really long, really weird, but pretty optimistic book writer" himself, WJW

9. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Ugh, optimism. Nasty.

But then again, I might need it after reading Traitor and discovering that Jacen and Jaina go insane, killing their parents and cousin. Wouldn't that be intersting?

10. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    Heroes Die is great. After reading that, I was totally convinced that Stover can write a great Star Wars novel.

11. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    ahhh FINNALY we get to some good old fassion bad guy stommping!!! Frankly i've had just about my fill for NJO tragedy at teh moment i want teh series to start to shift back to a more optomistic future the sooner the better

12. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    According to Jedinet, "Stover will warp our minds (hopefully in a good way) with a fresh look at the Yuuzahn Vong and Jacen and Vergere's deadly dance through the rubble of what once was a great city." Also, it's apparently concurrent with both Enemy Lines and Dark Journey.

13. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    ahhh, so that would mean that Jacen WONT be in DJ or Rebel Dream, yeah?

14. SithSpit777

SithSpit777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 3, 2001
    Here is a thought. The traitor is a rebuilt......

Jimmy?

15. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    from how it sounds, Jimmy is with Jaina right now, so can't be

16. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Yes, I agree that Traitor will have many different angles and the title may not necessarily mean what we think it does. From the interview excerpts I have read, it sounds like Mr. Stover has quite a book in store for us. But, as someone posted earlier, I think it is WAAAAAAY too early to begin legitimate speculation on Traitor considering there are 3 books before it.

17. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Okay. We know the Dark Journey, Enemy Lines, and Traitor take place at the same time, but are about different events.

We know that Dark Journey focuses on Jaina. By extension, the rest of the Jedi strike team from SbS, aside from Jaina, will be there too. Most likely Jag will be in it, and Han and Leia will have some role, although we already know they won't be going after Jaina.

Enemy Lines, instead of focusing on the Jedi as DJ will, is focusing instead on the New Republic, its retreat under Wedge's command, probably some good Han scenes.

Traitor will be the Jacen book. My guess is that the "rubble" of what was a great city means Coruscant -- Vergere and Jacen are probably taken there with Nom Anor. Traitors we know of: Viqi obviously comes to mind. Other possibilities: Vergere, who was a Jedi, has been working with the Vong but also helping the Jedi. Nom Anor may too become a traitor, knowing after his latest failure that his prefecture and possibly life are forfeit.

18. ReaperFett

Dec 9, 1999
    Ghentz said DJ concerns Jaina, Jag, Tenel, Kyp and Danni. Maybe Jaina and Tenel go off somewhere, and Kyp and Danni (Both are at Coruscant as of SbS) go off after then?

Adds to those DJ tidbits really. Apprentice could be Danni :)

I would hazard the guess that DJ and the Allston duology wont have much from the Vong POV, but Traitor will have them predominatly

19. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Wow. They're saving the best for last, huh? No Jacen for a year?! Nooooooo! ;)

20. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    Well, considering that Jacen has had a prominent role in the last 3 HCs as well as in a few of the paperbacks, I wouldnt get too upset about it. Remember, overexposure isnt necessarily a good thing -- besides, they have to begin developing other characters more, such as Jaina, Kyp, Danni, Ganner, etc.

21. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    Just bringing this up lest it be lost in the depths of...something.

22. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    thanks

23. DVader316

Feb 18, 2000
    " Up! I command thee ! "

24. beafet

Mar 12, 2001
    I can't find any of Stover's books at either of the two libraries here in town....:-(

25. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    I think that Jason will be the traitor.
    Vergere will reveal to jason that she was a Jedi. Using that as leverage, she will show him the knowledge he is looking for in the force.
    Then she will mold Jason to her way of dealing with the vong.(which is doing their dirty deeds for the over-all good of the galaxy)
    Jason will publicly defy the NR and Jedi to show his loyalty for the Vong, but as the book goes on it is revealed that Vergere has been doing naughty things for the Vong to get closer to them.(hopefully it will be revealed when they turn and kill Lah).
    However they do it I'm sure the moral of the story , from Vergere's point anyway, will be that it is ok to sacrifce(and not use the dark side) in order to defeat the enemy.

Nightsun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.