Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby, Sep 14, 2012.

Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
    Hi: I am known as Jade_eyes. I have spoken with another user who changed their user name and sought their suggestion, based on what I include below.

Please change to: Nyota'sHeart or if possible Nyota's Heart. I will accept either. :D

Reason: Since 2009, the Trek fandom has gotten my creative concentration in the heavier measure, and I can only see it doing more so from now on. Nyota's heart is a beautiful thing, a loving and lovable thing, and that word also expresses her romantic relationship. ^:)^ Thanks oodles for your consideration. @};-
  2. Kay Suhyun Jedi Knight

star 1
    Could somebody change my name to Buruun the Bloodbringer. I want to honor the potentially cancelled Knight Errant with my username.
    Last edited by Kay Suhyun, Jul 6, 2013
  3. Jaden1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If others are asking, may I just be Jaden ? That is what people call me.
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    That username is not available.
  5. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    @Jaden1138 here's some advice. (this can also apply to anyone else looking to change their name)

Type the new name you want for yourself after an ampersat to see if it's taken or not. Oftentimes it's easy to make a slight adjustment to your desired user name.

For example, if I wanted to change my username to CadBane4ever, I'd type @ CadBane4ever, but without the space between the ampersat and the name. I'd see that the name was taken. Doesn't matter that CadBane4ever only has 5 posts and hasn't been active in 4 years, the name is rightfully his/hers. I could then potentially change my request to be called CadBaneForever, which I'd see is not taken.

And basically wash, rinse, repeat until you find a name that is available. An easy shortcut to see if the name you want is available or not. The other way is to click on the Members tab at the top and search for names there. ( @Grimby or whomever, feel free to add a version of this to the OP as if people ever actually read the OP =p)
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. THE EVIL CLIFFIE Force Ghost

star 2
    May I have my username changed to remove the underscores? It looks silly with the last word stretched across two lines. (I debated asking to change it to StoryWonker, as that's what I use on other sites, but TEC was the first username I registered anywhere so it has a sentimental value).
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    Yes, I would also like to lose the underscore!
  8. Darth Dominikkus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I would like to have my name changed to Darth Dominikkus.

My name in real life is Dominic and friends have called me Dominikkus and have used it as a nickname of sorts. On many other forums and websites my name is Darth Dominkkus, the darth just makes the name flow. Thank you!
    Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Ichor_Razor Force Ghost

star 2
    After being on this message board for almost 9 years, I feel a name change is in order and, quite frankly, it's long over due IMO, what with the current username I have being rather ****ty mainly due to having been thought up when I was much younger and less creative with UN's. Here's what I would like instead: Ichor_Razor

Thank You
    Last edited by Grimby, Jul 12, 2013
  10. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks @Katya Jade: I would like to change my moniker to 'Immortiss'. Thanks.
  11. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
    Hmm. Would that expedite things? Tagging @Katya Jade @};- [face_batting]
    Sean Sinclair likes this.
  12. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Sorry, busy week. I'll be working on these today/tonight.
  13. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host Game Winner
    star 6
  14. Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Master

star 3
    I would like a name change please. When I first made this username I rushed it and was never satisfied with it. Plus I don't know why I put the hyphen and it always bothers me. I would like to change it to Shereshoy Cabur, simple first name and last name style. Please and thanks!
  15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    I would like all the n00bs who registered after June of 2000 to have their underscores put back in their names.
    Sarge likes this.
  16. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  17. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would like my user name to be changed to Kran Starborn because its my newly created bounty hunter character and its def. alot more interesting then my current user name. Please and thank you if you can do it.
  18. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    lol... registered yesterday.
  19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi Chosen One

star 7
    I would like to request that my name be changed to Carlos Danger.
  20. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
    Only if it becomes Carlos Danger Weiner.
    Carlos Danger and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Theron Solo Jedi Master

star 1
    I'd like to request to change my user name to Theron Solo. Theron Shan and Han are 2 of my favorite characters. I think that username would represent me better than my current username. I hope it's available. Thanks in advance.
  22. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6

Why didn't you use that name when you registered [face_laugh]
  23. Kran Starborn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Because at the time I didn't think of it till after I registered if I did I would have made it my user name which is why so immediately after registering I requested to change it to that.
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Carlos Danger and Admiral Volshe like this.
  25. Sarge Chosen One

star 4
    I smell a sock. Which is kinda gross, both literally and metaphorically.
    Carlos Danger, Pensivia and Juliet316 like this.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza