main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi: I am known as Jade_eyes. I have spoken with another user who changed their user name and sought their suggestion, based on what I include below.

Please change to: Nyota'sHeart or if possible Nyota's Heart. I will accept either. :D

Reason: Since 2009, the Trek fandom has gotten my creative concentration in the heavier measure, and I can only see it doing more so from now on. Nyota's heart is a beautiful thing, a loving and lovable thing, and that word also expresses her romantic relationship. ^:)^ Thanks oodles for your consideration. @};-

2. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    Could somebody change my name to Buruun the Bloodbringer. I want to honor the potentially cancelled Knight Errant with my username.

3. Jaden1138

Jaden1138 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    If others are asking, may I just be Jaden ? That is what people call me.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    That username is not available.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Jaden1138 here's some advice. (this can also apply to anyone else looking to change their name)

Type the new name you want for yourself after an ampersat to see if it's taken or not. Oftentimes it's easy to make a slight adjustment to your desired user name.

For example, if I wanted to change my username to CadBane4ever, I'd type @ CadBane4ever, but without the space between the ampersat and the name. I'd see that the name was taken. Doesn't matter that CadBane4ever only has 5 posts and hasn't been active in 4 years, the name is rightfully his/hers. I could then potentially change my request to be called CadBaneForever, which I'd see is not taken.

And basically wash, rinse, repeat until you find a name that is available. An easy shortcut to see if the name you want is available or not. The other way is to click on the Members tab at the top and search for names there. ( Grimby or whomever, feel free to add a version of this to the OP as if people ever actually read the OP =p)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. THE EVIL CLIFFIE

THE EVIL CLIFFIE Jedi Master star 2

Jul 11, 2008
    May I have my username changed to remove the underscores? It looks silly with the last word stretched across two lines. (I debated asking to change it to StoryWonker, as that's what I use on other sites, but TEC was the first username I registered anywhere so it has a sentimental value).

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Yes, I would also like to lose the underscore!

8. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I would like to have my name changed to Darth Dominikkus.

My name in real life is Dominic and friends have called me Dominikkus and have used it as a nickname of sorts. On many other forums and websites my name is Darth Dominkkus, the darth just makes the name flow. Thank you!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  9. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    After being on this message board for almost 9 years, I feel a name change is in order and, quite frankly, it's long over due IMO, what with the current username I have being rather ****ty mainly due to having been thought up when I was much younger and less creative with UN's. Here's what I would like instead: Ichor_Razor

Thank You

10. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks Katya Jade: I would like to change my moniker to 'Immortiss'. Thanks.

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmm. Would that expedite things? Tagging Katya Jade @};- [face_batting]

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  12. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry, busy week. I'll be working on these today/tonight.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Buya in advance [face_dancing] [:D] !!!

14. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    I would like a name change please. When I first made this username I rushed it and was never satisfied with it. Plus I don't know why I put the hyphen and it always bothers me. I would like to change it to Shereshoy Cabur, simple first name and last name style. Please and thanks!

15. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I would like all the n00bs who registered after June of 2000 to have their underscores put back in their names.

DarthIshyZ and Sarge like this.
  16. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I will not, old man.

17. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    I would like my user name to be changed to Kran Starborn because its my newly created bounty hunter character and its def. alot more interesting then my current user name. Please and thank you if you can do it.

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... registered yesterday.

19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I would like to request that my name be changed to Carlos Danger.

20. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Only if it becomes Carlos Danger Weiner.

Carlos Danger and Juliet316 like this.
  21. Theron Solo

Theron Solo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    I'd like to request to change my user name to Theron Solo. Theron Shan and Han are 2 of my favorite characters. I think that username would represent me better than my current username. I hope it's available. Thanks in advance.

22. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Why didn't you use that name when you registered [face_laugh]

23. Kran Starborn

Kran Starborn Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 19, 2013
    Because at the time I didn't think of it till after I registered if I did I would have made it my user name which is why so immediately after registering I requested to change it to that.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Carlos Danger and Admiral Volshe like this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I smell a sock. Which is kinda gross, both literally and metaphorically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.