main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Policy Official Username Change Request Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Grimby , Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
    I wish to have my name changed to "Separatist101", I feel it's time for a change, and it represents which side I support in the Clone Wars

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's the worst reason ever.

Out of curiosity, when you get a name change, do you login under the old or knew name?

DarthIshyZ and Ender Sai like this.
  3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    under the new one. the old one no longer exists anywhere.

4. Separatist101

May 11, 2010
    well if it's bad or not it's the reason why I would like to have it changed, is there a problem with that?

And I usually log-in with me email anyway, so I'm not sure it'll matter

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Actually, there is a record of your old name. If your name is changed, a section is added to your profile listing previous names. It's visible to mod staff.

6. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, there's also a thing on your profile that'll list old names as well. forgot about that. but doesn't change that you sign in with the new one.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Done.

Separatist101 likes this.
  8. Separatist101

May 11, 2010
  9. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001
    This is great. Could I ask my name to be changed to Abalore? I fear reprisal from religious extremists so I think it's high time I remove my real name from my account.

10. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    All past usernames remain available to the public on your profile page. If you truly need to completely disconnect your activities here from your real name, it would be better to create an entirely new account and start from scratch, abandoning your existing account.

11. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Paul_Klein, I agree with jcgoble3's suggestion of abandoning your current account and starting from scratch, but I would also suggest going ahead with your current name change request in the meantime. That way, once the change has been made, anyone reading the thread where the posts you are concerned about are located will see the new name (as far as the actual posts are concerned). In order to see your old username, someone would have to take an additional step after reading those posts to click on your user profile, and even then that person would have to have a JCF account of their own, as I believe the "Previous Names" listing is not available to forum browsers who don't also have their own accounts. Hope this is helpful to you.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The profile page itself is not accessible to someone who is not logged in as a registered user. Additionally, though, it is possible to block even registered users from viewing your profile page by setting it so that only people you follow may view your profile page.

13. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001
    Thanks, guys. I was being facetious in my original post -- I'm not actually concerned. I'm sorry for the trouble. I just want to change my user name. If you could make it Abalore, I would appreciate it!

Pensivia likes this.
  14. Duragizer

Duragizer Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2009
    I would like to change my name to "Duragizer". When I came up with "DuracellEnergizer", it was my silly way of "marrying" two rival battery brands, but now I feel it just looks and sounds clunky; "Duragizer", in my opinion, just reads and flows better.

15. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    I'd like to request a name change to Hogsquattle.

Grytpype was a name thought up because I had been through quite a few on the day and all Star Wars related names were in use.

I'd prefer a proper franchise name, even one that is a fan creation.

I did a search and it isn't in use or vegan mentioned in a thread.

Thank you.

16. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I'd like to change my username to simply Hamawald, because the Darth in front of it looks terrible in my opinion. I just put it there and pressed 'accept', I didn't think it over and therefore I was not content with it afterwards. Hamawald is what I often use in other places and that name I really like.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I happen to be a vegan mentioned in quite a few threads, actually. :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009

Man, I have no idea what I was supposed to mean by that!! :)

Either the predictive text took over or I was falling asleep

19. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    When I created my user name years ago, I don't think it allowed spaces or apostrophes. Also, the word "Real" is redundant, so I'd like to take it out, however, "Anakin's Father" is taken. Can I change my name from "Anakins_Real_Father" to "Anakin's Daddy"?

20. Frank Black

Frank Black Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 13, 2005
    Hello... I would like the underscore removed from my name. Thanks.

21. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hey there.

I would like to have my username changed to “Blue Ice Cream” please.

Way back when I joined, I was unaware that capitals and spaces could be used. Also, I had not chosen a name beforehand, so I simply typed ‘epithree’ because I was obsessed with RotS at the time. It was a rash decision that I have regretted ever since.

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    New avatar:
    [​IMG]
    You're welcome.

Admiral Volshe, EHT, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  23. Blue Ice Cream

Blue Ice Cream Chosen One star 6

Aug 9, 2006
    Hi again. I'd just like to thank the administration for my name change. It's greatly appreciated.

A Chorus of Disapproval
    New avatar (A CoD):
    [​IMG]
    You're welcome. :p

Admiral Volshe, EHT, jcgoble3 and 2 others like this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Nobody likes a joke thief, BiC.

25. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Hi, I request to have my user name changed to "Invid". Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.