main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

BC ***Official Vancouver & B.C. JC Forum HQ*** Please Check IN

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TALIESINWEST, Oct 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALIESINWEST

TALIESINWEST Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2000
    Hey everyone.

I guess that if you've visited this little corner of the the JC fanforce boards, you've found it deader than disco.

Well, that's because it is. But we are going to try and change that just a little. Starting right now.

I don't want to bulldoze anyone else's thread here, but I do want to try and reach a consensus as to the who and where of the Vancouver & BC SW scene.

So, upon checking in on this thread, post a response telling us the following:

1. Who you are. This can be anything, like why you're into SW, or the story of your Username, or your sig. This is just to give us all a little thing to remember you.

2. Where you live, roughly, you probably shouldn't post your actual address, but you can tell us what part of the Province you live in.

3. Where on the JC Forums you spend the most time. Because, let's face it, it's not here. Hey tell us why you spend the most time there.

Finally if you want, tell us whatever you want about yourself. Feel free to be as self-promoting as you want. West Coasters are typically humble people, but we want info! Give us a reason to be interested in you.

Now, what do you get in return you ask? Well howabout the knowledge that you're part of a greater community of individuals that shares your interest.... not good enough you say? Then I promise I will try to PM a little update of the activities of this board to everyone who posts here once and a while.

At present time this does seem a little loose, but hopefully this will keep the BC boards active, and in time the organization will start improve. Hope everyone participates.

2. TALIESINWEST

Dec 12, 2000
    So, I'll start.

I'm in my late 20's. Total Old School fan- liked SW before I even saw ANH. Finally saw Empire in the theatre- New West Capital 6 (if I remember correctly). ESB rocked my world. The vehicles in particular were a major inspiration for getting into design. I'm an industrial designer- you can check out my company web page at www.form3.com. I'm also into drawing comics- working on a script right now, so no, I don't have anything to show you...yet.

I live in the South Granville area of Vancouver. Cool part of town, lots of antiques and shi-shi fou-fou art galleries. Plus we boast the Meinhardt fine foods store and Caban.

I spend most of my time on the Spoiler boards for Episode 2 and 3, sometimes on the JC community boards. And I guess, with my promise, I'm going to be spending time haunting this lonely closet.

3. Saber_lite

Saber_lite Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2001
    Hi my name is Roy. I'm fan from Surrey. 30 years old, I work for Safeway and even though I have been reading the boards here at TF.n for about 9 months now I have just recently started to actually post here. I spend most of my time on the AOTC and EP III board.I got hooked on Star Wars back around the time that ESB was going to be released. I have a small personal web page at www.members.home.net/royavis. More or less just a web page for freinds & familly to keep in touch with me(nothing too special).I hope we can get this place a little more lively leading up to AOTC.

4. AdeptusAstartes

AdeptusAstartes Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2001
    1. Who you are.
    My name is Howard, like ford focu's check out
    www.teamfocaljet.com
    2. Where you live: Land of the Vtec otherwise know as Richmond.
    3. Where on the JC Forums you spend the most time. Reading the news and the fiction
    and working.

4:Finally if you want, tell us whatever you want about yourself.

I have a great view from my floor of Mt baker
    i have 2 cats and enjoy andromeda the tv show. I always try to promote local produced shows. and well i drive a ford focus.
    and to top it all off. Hey im pretty good looking to boot. ;)

5. TALIESINWEST

Dec 12, 2000
    Cool!

Richmond is the land of V-tech!!??!! I've always thought of Richmond as the land of IKEA. But... that's just me.

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    1. Who you are. This can be anything, like why you're into SW, or the story of your Username, or your sig. This is just to give us all a little thing to remember you.

My name is Chris. I'm 17, and a Private in the Militia. Armoured Infantry regiment. In civvy-speak, it means I drive tanks after school and on weekends. In 8 months I graduate from university, at which point I join the REAL forces: the Royal Canadian Air Force, as an Avionics Systems Technition. They work on the onboard radar, navigation, instruments, etc of aircraft. My username comes from an EU character, Grand Admiral Thrawn. My sig comes from a funny thing I read on an Air Force board, and states that I love my girlfriend.

2. Where you live, roughly, you probably shouldn't post your actual address, but you can tell us what part of the Province you live in.

1234 5th Street
    Vancouver

Just kidding. Actually, I live in Kelowna, which is a town of about 100,000 people in the Okanagan Valley, which is in the southern interior. However, I'm moving to Ontario in 8 months, and then Alberta a year after that.

3. Where on the JC Forums you spend the most time. Because, let's face it, it's not here. Hey tell us why you spend the most time there.

I spend most of my time here. I swear! OK, OK. Usually the Community board. Why? Simple. I'm not really a SW fan anymore. Not enough to talk about it, anyway. So, I came for the SW boards, but I stay for Community. I also post on the Canada FanForce board, but it's pretty dead as well. I used to have 8300 posts, but they were all deleted. Now, I'm down to about 500 now. Don't mistake me for a newbie!

7. TALIESINWEST

Dec 12, 2000
    Well, I certainly wouldn't mistake you for a newbie Thrawn.

Ok, 3 people.... wow, this is just fabulous... at least it's growing...

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi TALIESINWEST (What is your real name?),

Woofer told me about your desire to start a FF Chapter. Keep it up!!!

Come on people sign in...lets see some growth!!!

9. Saber_lite

Oct 18, 2001
    I guess there is no way to post in the other forums to draw the attention of other B.C.ers without being inapropriate in those other threads?( besides the main JC community forum that is)

10. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    You can post here:
    Canada General Discussion
    It's a start.

11. fasteddie

fasteddie Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2001
    You can count one more among your numbers... [face_devil] I'm 25, dj-ing part time out of north delta/surrey (hip hop, D'n B/jungle/ambient & alternative mostly) taking some time off from school (4th year international relations at UBC). The username comes from Fast Eddie Felson, a fictitious character played by Paul Newman in the Hustler and The Color of Money, but has also been adopted by Eddie Irvine, a professional F1 driver, used as a character in a children's book I read in 3rd grade called Treat Street and a song by Brasilian-British progressive drum & bass artist, Amon Tobin. I've been a SW fan pretty much my entire life. This is my first time on the JC forums, but I used to subscribe to RASS and RASSM on Usenet back in the day.
    How do I love star wars? Let me count the ways. Incredible story, great characters, spectacular visuals, a stirring soundtrack and of course, the spaceships and lightsabres. My favourite is ESB - I was disappointed by TPM for the usual reasons, but am eagerly awaiting AOTC.

thanks for readin,

fasteddie

12. TALIESINWEST

Dec 12, 2000
    Where you been DJ'in? Any clubs in particular? I know Surrey pretty well.

13. fasteddie

fasteddie Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2001
    no clubs, actually - I've been doing it for a company called Magic Star (604-589-2799) for the past four months, which has so far been weddings, retirement and halloween parties. before that, I was just doing house parties around Commercial Dr, New West and Kits. so if we ever have a get together for Vancouver FF and you need someone to do the music, you'll know who to call. ;)

never tell me the odds,

fasteddie

14. Fraggle

Fraggle Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    1. Who you are.
    I'm Kate, 24 year old computer technician/cable tech. Ive lurked here for about 6 months, posting occasionally. I first saw Star Wars when I was 4 months old at the Hillcrest Drive in. I swear my obsession is because of the subliminal messages I received while sleeping in the back seat of my dad's Oldsmobile.

Langley.

I spend most of my time in the spoilers thread. Why? cause I dont want to wait until May to see the movie. I want to see it NOW!

15. Lightsaber11

Lightsaber11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2001
    My name is Nolan. I am 19 years old, and I have been a Star Wars fan since birth. I was born in Edmonton Alberta but I moved to Victoria when I was 2 months old. I just recently began to post messages on message boards, but I have been frequenting Jedicouncil.net since before TPM. Oh, did I mention I love Star Wars. I think I should mention that. I love Star Wars.

I plan to me a professional film maker when I get enough money to purchase all the equipment, (DIGITAL DIGITAL DIGITAL). I plan to use GL's techniques from AOTC to make all sorts of movies, from comedies, to suspense, horror, action and even STAR WARS FAN FILMS. I am based in Victoria still but one day I will move to Vancouver to attend The Vancouver Film School. I have acted all my life, doing plays such as The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, The Secret Garden, Grease, and The Wizard of Oz. I graduated in 2000. What else... Oh, I love Star Wars. I am proficient in all things Sci-Fi, have an excellent working knowledge of the Star Wars Universe, and have aspirations to one day collaberate with big George himself. Even if it means being the guy in khaki shorts running around in the hot hot sun fetching George his glasses and his coffee and whatnot on the set of Episode 3. I am a hard worker but I am an easy-going guy with a sense of humour. I enjoy long walks on the beach and dinner by candlelight. oh golly.

i better cut myself off.

Anyways, to everyone that posts here, and everyone who loves Star Wars worldwide, May the Force be with you, always.

now where did i leave the keys to my A-Wing....

One Love

P.S. the nickname refers to my ability to weild either a single or double bladed lightsaber, for anyone who is looking for well trained Jedi to be in their Fan Films.

16. TALIESINWEST

Dec 12, 2000
    Man is this place dead.

Whoa.

17. dexters

dexters Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 26, 2001

I'm 20, almost 21 and a university student.

lower mainland

I'm a newbie. Basically more interested in checking out the local Star Wars activity more than anything else. I'm pretty sure there's a large star wars population out there, i just don't think they know there is a message board such as this. My solution would be for everyone on this board to include a link from their personal websites to this board. That way, anyone searching for the right combination of words will find it.

18. Saber_lite

Oct 18, 2001
  19. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Well ok, I started posting here since I was newbie, but I kinda forgotten about this place over the months... it's just so outta the way. From now on, I'm gonna book mark this site... there!

Now onto my favourite subject: Talking about me! :D

Well, my real name's Christine, I'm first generation Canadian, my parents were from China. I didn't start liking Star Wars until the summer of 99. I saw TPM in the movie theaters, liked it, but that's about it. Though my main obsession of Star Wars started when I went on a trip to China during the summer and with nothing else to watch except for Chinese soap operas, I went down to the DVD rental and just about the only English DVD there, was Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back. I watched it and just loved it, I fell in love with Star Wars after that and then went and watched ANH. Yet after that, I couldn't find ROTJ, and had to wait three more months before I could watch it back here in Canada.

Now about my Username... well when I signed up onto the JC, I had already read all of the EU and Mara Jade became my favourite female character. The angel part had nothing to do with Padmé my second favourite, it was more of a dedication to my favourite tv show, Angel the Series. I thought of Dark Angel another fav or mine and thus the order of my name. The fact that Anakin Skywalker called Padmé an angel is an added plus.

Vancouver, BC, near Burnaby, close enough to the Skytrain station that it'd only be less than a 5 minute ride to get to Metro.

I'm mostly at Fanfiction and EUC, I first signed up at the JC to read fanfics and reply to them. And the EUC because I like talking about the stuff I love about the EU.

20. Fleet Admiral

Fleet Admiral Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2000

Ok. I am Leo and a college student at Douglas College. I do not remember when I started to like SW. It should be around 8 yrs old. I like SW because of the X-wings and the Starships. When I was 12, I even drew a space battle scene using color pencils. I just love starships and space battles, hence I also like Star Trek and Babylon 5. Actually I generally do not watch TV much (like 10hrs perweek). My hobbies is reading fanfiction (SW, ST, HP,etc)and keep up to date on computer technologies (cpu, hdd, printer, you get the idea).

My user name Fleet Admiral did not come from SW. It came from Star Trek. SW's equivlant term is Grand Admiral. I have always like being in command of a fleet. I know quite a lot of thing about navy too. It is like a childhood obsession of mine to learn about WWII warships and naval battles.

Vancouver, BC. Right between 29th Ave skytrain station and Joyce station.

I spend 95% of my time in fanfiction. I like reading stories: JA, OT, EU, AU. I like LONG stories as well. I joined this board for more than 1 year. I have not post very often in the last 10 months. I really do not have much time after school and being a Scout counselor (more like an unpaid day-care worker, teacher, guidance counselor, camp counselor, program coordinator and program admin combined)
    -----signature-----

21. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Vancouver, BC. Right between 29th Ave skytrain station and Joyce station.

HOLY CRAP!!

Fleet Admiral, you and I could be neighbours for all we know! :D

22. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    LOL....an even better reason to start planning your first FF Chapter outing.

23. Jedi_Master_dude

Jedi_Master_dude Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 2001
  24. SERGE07

SERGE07 Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2002
    Yo everyone,my first post on these forums.
    I was just surfing through and thought i`d post when i saw this Vancouver thread.
    I`m 28 living in New West.
    I`m an artist at a software company downtown.
    It`s great to see other people from B.C here.
    Cheers :)

25. YoungJediNiagara

Mar 23, 2001
    Hi "SERGE07",

Welcome to FanForce!!!

I hope you will continue to post here. There are a number of people on the boards in this area and I'm hoping someone will become a leader and start a Star Wars Club (or FanForce Chapter) in BC.

My name is Chris Leigh, and I'm the RSA of Canada. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.