JCC [Official] Vodka Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Nov 4, 2011.

1. tom Chosen One

star 6
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_H_sVNgvf4
  2. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I was thinking of that sketch. :D
  3. AaylaSecurOWNED Force Ghost

star 6
    Okay! What I had was one shot of cake vodka with clementine soda (she used a local brand, but Izze should substitute) and 2 splashes of ginger ale.
  4. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

though I must say the Chocolate Choo Choo looked awfully yummy!
  5. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Hmmm...I love Izze clementine soda. I might have to try this.

6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I went to the 2 liquor stores closest to my house earlier & couldn't find any cake flavored vodka. :(

Laker games cancelled (so far) due to the current NBA lockout: 14[face_frustrated]
  7. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That's crazy, because they have it at the local grocery stores.
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Here no liquor of any kind can be sold in a grocery store, only beer and wine.
  9. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Laws concerning the sale of alcohol (i.e. where/when it can be sold) are so weird. Here you can't buy any alcohol of any kind after 9:00pm. In some places you can't buy it at all on Sundays. What the hell is that about?

10. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    We can buy beer and wine after 12 pm on Sunday but the liquor stores aren't open at all. I think South Carolina still has a no-alcohol-on-Sunday rule. We call it the "Strom Thurmond law".

And I agree that separate stores don't make much sense. They do some weird monitoring of liquor stores on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, too, stationing a cop outsie and only letting one person in at a time.

11. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Connecticut has both those laws. It was kind of annoying. Moving someplace where the liquor stores were open to 11 and open on Sundays was amazing.
  12. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    We called the not liquor on Sunday thing the Blue Laws back in Missouri.

We ended up buying some and I mixed it with pineapple juice. It was a little sweet but not bad. Need to experiment with other mixers.

Tunic, if you PM me here or on facebook with your address I'll mail you a bottle sometime around the 15th (payday).
  13. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah we call them blue laws here but you have to open only six days a week and close one day instead of the sunday rule.

I got some chocolate, whipped cream vodka for someone. Not bad either.

I wonder if a chocolate covered strawberry in a highball glass of cake flavored vodka would good?
  14. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I love it cuz it's sweet. Especially with a half dozen or so cherries thrown in for good measure. :D :D

On the down side, the UV Cake is all gone. :(
  15. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I only did cherry juice, must try actual cherries next time. My bottle is half gone already and no one was drinking it but me... Guess that's what happens when I start drinking at 1:30 pm.
  16. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Just briefly back on blueberry vodka: in addition to lemonade, another option is making a "blueberry POM martini" by just using a slightly sweet/tart pomegranate juice (doesn't have to be POM), similar to the Honest Ade Pomegranate Blue drinks, which are like crack. Depending on the tartness of both the juice and the vodka, you may have to shake in a little simple syrup to your taste.
  17. WormieSaber Force Ghost

star 5
    We can buy beer and wine after 12 pm on Sunday but the liquor stores aren't open at all. I think South Carolina still has a no-alcohol-on-Sunday rule. We call it the "Strom Thurmond law".

So interesting about laws like this in other States. Reminds me of the movie FOOTLOOSE, if you can kick off those Sunday shoes.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Done. :D

Laker games cancelled (so far) due to the current NBA lockout: 14[face_frustrated]
  19. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    LOVE the Pinnacle cake vodka. And the Pinnacle whipped cream vodka. [face_love] I shake the cake with pineapple juice. Frieda, your way sounds good, too!

Here we can't buy liquor or wine in the grocery store, only beer. But we can buy beer 24/7. Liquor stores sell wine and liquor, but closed on Sunday. They are trying to pass the law for wine sales in the grocery store, but it's not passed yet.

Oh! I also love the expresso vodka.
  20. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Rhonda, have you tried the Expresso Chocolate wine? [image=https://www.wineliquormart.com/onlinestore/Assets/ProductImages/ChocoVine-Espresso.jpg]
  21. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    How is the wine? I've seen it but have been hesitant to try it.
  22. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It taste like wine and chocolate milk mixed. It's overly sweet and intoxicating! Did I say chocolate?
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

That really stinks to deal with silly alcohol restrictions like that.

24. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I eagerly anticipate the bottle of cake vodka that Dajuan will be kind enough to send to me. :D In the meantime, I noticed this while at the market earlier this evening:

[image=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9633/vodkaew.jpg]

I haven't had any yet (before I drink any vodka, I keep it (where it stays anyway) in the freezer for 2 hours to get it chilled just right), but I did open the bottle to get a sniff of it..................man, what a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet smell.