main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX ***Official*** Vote for City Rep

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Queenie Amidala, May 25, 2002.

?

***Official*** Vote for City Rep

Poll closed Jun 1, 2002.
  1. Darth Stryphe

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. dracula766

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
  2. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Hello all!

I?m extremely sorry I was not able to make the meeting and movie viewings today as I had planned. An emergency came up with the movers moving my stuff in my apartment, and I was forced to stay in Austin a day longer than I had anticipated. I really wish I could have been there. I hear it was fun, though. :D

I spoke with Darth Stryphe this evening, and he filled me in with the happenings of the meeting. I would like to clear up any confusion that I have caused about myself, and I would like to apologize for it. I had spoken with David prior to this weekend about taking myself out of the running for City Rep. We discussed the option of me running, instead, for the position of VP, and David taking my place in the running. My intention, as David and I had talked about, was to discuss this at the meeting, but then, unexpectedly at the last minute, I was unable to attend. I would love the job, but I decided that it might be a bit much for me to handle in my hectic last year of school. I know that Weaves had expressed similar concerns about the time it would require, and this is why he, too, decided against running. The role of City Rep is an important one in many regards. It is more than just a moderator for our boards, but a leader and a planner for the organization of our group.

In short, I have been informed that, after our third meeting today, our final two in the running for City Rep are Darth Stryphe and dracula766.

We have now completed our quota of three meetings, and all we need now is to decide upon a City Rep to become an official FanForce chapter. As was decided at the meeting today, a poll would posted where we can conduct the official election. David asked me to start the poll, and it will last for 7 days. Coming soon, we will also be voting on the other offices: VP, Secretary, and Treasurer. Our main priority right now, however, is to take care of City Rep and become an official chapter.

For any questions regarding FanForce or the City Rep position, please see the following:

FanForce Main Page FAQ

Fanforce FAQ (what?s this all about?)

Or, just ask any number of us. Chances are, someone will be able to answer your question. And, we?ll be glad to help! :)

Please vote if you would like to have a say in who will be come the leader of our group. :)

3. BabyPadme

BabyPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2002
    UP!

Im waiting for the last day, to vote. HEHE. Im looking around as to what each person is saying...

4. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    so you are going to add your vote to the runner up. ;)

5. BabyPadme

Apr 28, 2002
    definatly....my vote counts too....hehe, i hope.

6. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Moving this poll back up, too.

7. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    HEYYYY!!! Howcome nobody's voting for me???
    I see how it is?no one wants to vote for the evil Mexican. :)

mhmmmm?see if I invite you guys over for fajitas next time I grill. ;)

8. BabyPadme

Apr 28, 2002
    how bout seviche at my place? ;)
    Anyone up for that...if you dont know what it is...then you might not like it. Especially if you dont like Seafood...

9. bebo_lokk

bebo_lokk Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 16, 2001
    Did someone say "fajitas"?

10. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    they better not have, i'll be storming there house soon if they did...

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    "I'm with you, too."

Fajitas and 'ritas. Can life get any better? :p

12. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    Okay, now that the poll is over, how do we determine the winner???

;)

13. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Okay, now that the poll is over, how do we determine the winner???

Well, we hold two more polls, at the end of which, Dracula and I must perform an entirely original song and dance routine which must be judged by a panel of JCC moderators. Then, we wait a year, consider everything that's happened, hold another poll, then throw out the votes for that poll, and pick a name out of a hat.
    8-}

Anyway, on a serious note, I again want to thank everyone for your support. I hope to live up to it.

Dracula766, I appreciate you running for the position. I'm glad you have taken a strong interest in the Fan Force and hope you will continue to be involved. You've shared several good ideas with the group already, and I hope you will continue to do so.

14. Crunchy

Jun 29, 2000
    Not so fast stryphe!

You still have a song and dance number to come up with, don't think I forgot!

You have to do yours in the style of the B-52's and dracula has to do his in the style of the Mammas and the Pappas ;)

15. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    B-52's!!!! David you have to do love shack at the next meeting!!!!!ahahahaha

16. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Sing for us!

17. Darth-Stryphe

Apr 24, 2001
    Well, remember, we needed a panel of JCC moderators for that, and -- well, they were so horrified by the thought, they just decided to let the one poll count 8-}

18. dracula766

dracula766 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    mammas the pappas?!?!?!

puhleeze...
    the Misfits yo...gotta reprezent the darkside!

Anyhow, congrats Stryphe.

I'm here if my services are needed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.