main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official vote for the creation of a website for "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland"

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by Krash, Aug 6, 2002.

?

Official vote for the creation of a website for "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland"

Poll closed Aug 27, 2002.
  1. buy our own domain name - (example: www.jediknightscleveland.com)

16 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. get a subdomain name - (example: www.cleveland.starwarssociety.com)

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. not have our own website - not interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. not have our own website - why needed?

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
  2. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    At meeting #6, we discussed the options for creating a cleveland fanforce website. And since Darth-Zod is on vacation, I've posted the official voting on whether or not we want to continue the development of a Jedi Knights of CLeveland website.

While we can decide on a name later, should this measure pass, I wanted to share some of the main points eplained by Anrev at the meeting:

*we can buy our own domain name, the cost being $15 for the entire year. It would have our name in it, like the example listed above.

*we could get a subdomain name, this on is free. We would be a like from another page. Anrev can get a good offer from "starwarssociety.com" People could go to their website, and get directed to us rom there.

*or we can do nothing, if you feel it's not worth the time, or effort

*it was agreed that if we do this, that creating a web-team to work on the various aspects of our website. That way, no one person has to do all the work alone. If you are interested, contact me via private message to express your interest.

As always, please post a message after your vote, indicating your postion on the issue. Not only to discuss the issue, but have a record to match with the votes on the poll.

3. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I voted for buying our own domain name. $15, our price cheap, is doable so I figure why not?

4. Anrev_the_Jedi

Anrev_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2002
    I voted for our own domain name.

5. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I say why not get our own domain. $15 is cheap as Don has said. I dunno if it was just a typo or what, but I would use www.jediknightsofcleveland.com or www.jkoc.com or www.jkofc.com or something instead of www.jediknightscleveland.com. I know how to set up pages through front page, but I'm not sure how to post the pages on the Internet. If someone knows how to do that, I'd be willing to learn from or help them. Just my 2 pennies.

6. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I am more than willing to sacrifice time for our cause.

However, this is not going to be an easy, painless and quick project. If we decide to purchase our own domain, I would advise waiting until we have something to post within a week of the purchase.

A Jedi must know patience...

-b-

7. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    Voted for the first one. It's much easier to tell friends/family what your website is when it's uncomplicated.

http://mir.spaceports.com/~tbx
    compared to
    http://www.tbxproductions.com

8. Old_Benny

Old_Benny Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Get our own domain.

9. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    Buy our own. $15 is cheaper then some and so why not. Only which one is bigger the one we buy or the one we could get for free?

10. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    I vote for buy our own.

11. Scorched-Dewback

Scorched-Dewback Jedi Youngling

Jul 31, 2002
  12. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Random, don't worry about the EXACT spelling for our domain name (if this measure passes)

This is simply the vote on whether or not we (as a group) want to continue planning to build a our own website for "The Jedi Knights of Cleveland." Once/if we decide to procede, then we can decide what we want our name to be (given what is available)

EDIT: So far, I have everyone with a post voting for buying our own domain name (I'm assuming Jedi_BMack is the 9th vote?)

My vote is with buying our own domain name, we can decide on an what we want it to be later.

For the time being, let's concentrate on how we want to go about this before we settle on a name.

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I vote for buying our own name. It's cheep, and easy to remember.

14. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    oh, yeah, my bad... i voted...

uh, yes

-b-

15. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    From our conversation Saturday, I kinda knew you were going that way Brian...I just wanted it confirmed.

Emily is currently over at our uncle's house, getting some advice on how she can create her contribution to the upcoming website; since her computer is not online (she's very interested on working on the "web-team" Anrev spoke of).

I know the poll isn't closed yet, but the response has been overwhelmingly positive. So it couldn't hurt for her to learn some of the basics before we get started.

16. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Aside from just general design stuff and development on the site, I can also work on some of the "ugly, a$$y-looking" (industry term) photos that we want to post.

Emily might have problems to start with on those (and I mean about 10-15% of general photos), but I can make some stuff look gorgeous. Hopefully, no offense will be taken. ;)

Not made beautiful people are, without Photoshop.

-b-

17. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I worked on a small one with some pictures from the picnic in the park and they are a little not fuzzy but...they could be better.

18. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I know my opinion here doesn't count, but I'd say get your own domain name. It's easier for people to remember. Check out the redesign to our website our new webmaster has done.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    "I know my opinion here doesn't count..."

Not at all, all opinions are welcome (especially coming from such a well-known/respected Fanforce) All we ask is that folks from outside the Cleveland Fanforce not vote on the poll; makes things easier to keep track of. But your advice is always welcome.

EDIT: I've asked Darth-Zod to take over counting the votes (since he's responsible for Fanforce policies and voting) So, please remember to post stating your choice after your vote.

20. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I hate to be the party pooper, but I voted no - why needed.

I know I missed all the discussion about the web sight, but I don't see why we need one. What would we put on it? It would be more trouble to upkeep then any value we would receive out of it. Sorry.

21. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    One of the things Anrev mentioned is that the hardest part is getting started, updating a website wouldn't be much of a hassle. And the cost is very reasonble ($15 for a whole year) and it's something fun to do to promote ourselves.

I understand your concerns, that's why I asked for a reason behind a "no" vote. It's easier to respect someone's opinion when you kno why they feel that way.

22. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
  23. Darth-Zod

Nov 9, 2001
    --*Official* Voting Rules for the Cleveland Fan Force--

I. When a vote is required within the Cleveland Fan Force (CFF), the Cleveland Jedi Council (CJC) member in charge of CFF voting and policy will start an online poll within the forum in regards to the issue at hand.

II. For purposes of controlling socks, trolls, flames, and non CFF members, no one with a TheForce.Net (TF.N) registration date newer than three months will be permitted to vote. Candidates for voting who have been registered with TF.N for three or more months must then complete one of the following to be eligible to vote:
    A. The candidate may attend one CFF meeting or event.
    B. The candidate may petition the CJC for the privilege to vote. Upon receiving the request, members of the CJC will check the posts of the candidate to see how they have contributed to the CFF. The candidate must receive the approval from the majority of the CJC in order to receive the privilege to vote.

III. CFF members who are eligible for voting may cast their vote by selecting the option box next to the choice of their preference and clicking the vote button. This must be done within the allowed polling period.

IV. CFF members who choose to vote must then divulge how they voted with a post within the thread indicating how they voted. This must be done within the allowed polling period.

V. At the end of the polling period, the choice with the most eligible votes will be declared the winner.

VI. In the event of a tie, a new poll will be conducted amongst the choices that were tied. Only members of the CJC can vote within this poll following all of the rules described within the ?Official Voting Rules for the Cleveland Fan Force?.

VII. The CJC reserves the right to revoke the privilege of voting by a majority vote from any member of the CFF for socking, trolling, flaming, or abuse.
    ------------------------------------------

With that said, this is the last call for voting within this poll.

Official Votes
    10 for yes/buying a domain name
    1 against a web sight

Missing Votes
    6 missing in yes/buying a domain name
    1 missing in yes/use a subdomain name

Sorry Scorched-Dewback, you are not yet eligiable to vote. We would like you to continue participating in the fan force though.

24. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I would personally just like to commend the Council for their efforts in regard to voting policy. I think you guys have laid down a firm foundation for voting... The three month "initiation" period is a great idea... one that will hopefully cut down on socks/trolls. Very good job Council.

25. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Given the review of the voting policy and Anrev's jumping of the proverbial gun in the Web Planning Post, do we even have any other eligible voters? I guess I'm just kind of wondering if we have a sort of roster.

-b-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.