main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Official Welcome to new member's Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Jul 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    A message from your Chapter Rep

Welcome young Padawon's!

If your a new member to the Hoosier Alliance & TF.net boards, Please Introduce yourself here.

Feel free to e-mail me , your City Representative ,For any help or question's.
    MTFBWY

Eric
    ECHO-3

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Welcome to the TF.net Fan Force / Hoosier Alliance member boards.

Go here ,

http://boards.theforce.net/user_register.asp

to register if you have not already.

We have a small group at the present time that meets at the East side Barnes & Noble bookstore once a month. Some of us get together for Movie night at one of our house's & get together for big movie premier's.

We also post here on the board to keep in touch about everything Star Wars. We range from Figure collector's to book to role playing games to board & video gamers.

Special events & next meeting reminders are at the top of the main Bloomington Page.
    We have NO member fee's or due's of any kind. Just remember to Have fun wile here!

3. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Cole and I'll be coming to Bloomington in the next 72 hours as a new IU student.

A little about me...

I like collecting, but don't have the cash all the time. :( I do make room for my TCG cards though, even if I'm not very good.

I am the founder of the Evansville Fanforce, but becuse I was only sixteen when I got it all started, was never able to get a title (notice in the official fanforce rules it now says you must be 18... Thats my clause...).

I will help any way I can, just ask. I've been down nearly every road before with the Evansville fanforce and have learned a lot along the way. It sounds like I'm coming into a great group of fans here, so I'm really glad to be a part.

4. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Glad to have you Cole.
    Feel free to email me anytime for anything.
    Do you have a vaild email adress Cole?
    Please PM it to me.
    Eric
    echo-3

5. Jedi_Master_Casey

Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2004
    Welcome Cole. always glad to meet another fan. My name is Casey. I am one of the two girls in the club. I am the hoosieralliance.com web master. So if you know anything about making web sites help me out please. I've got a few things going tho. so once again welcome.

6. TC517

May 14, 2001
    Thanks for the welcome guys (and girl).

For everyone, my e-mail is TC517@fanforce.net...

Casey, I have a little bit of web experience... at one time, I knew some HTML. Let me know if you need some help.

7. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Cole,Your e-mail says " not accepting mail to this account"
    Eric

8. TC517

May 14, 2001
    I don't know what it's doing...
    My other mail is CoHorton@indiana.edu

9. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Hi everyone.

Cole's email address @ IU is cohorton@indiana.edu .

I know that IU email addresses are case-sensative. :)

10. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    hi everybody my name is mike
    i actually live in cincinnati but periodically
    go to a campground near sunman ind.
    sorry about the late intro. :)

11. Legion3263827

Legion3263827 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2004
    Hello everyone. I am a live in Bloomington Indiana and have been a watcher of the force.net for alomost 3 years now and just found out that there was a fan club in the area. Boy, was I suprised when I went over to "Avalon" and there was some of your guys cards there.
    I have been a fan as of age 6, that would be in the Summer of 1977....Please don't do the math...lol.
    Anyhow, I need to finish this up and get my butt to work. Hope to hear from you all.
    Take it easy.
    Herb

Oh, almost forgot, My e-mail is hjossely@indiana.edu
    Later
    Herb (Again)

12. Jedi_Master_Casey

Jedi_Master_Casey Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2004
    Hi, nice to meet you.

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Glad to met you Herb.
    Did you go to Best Buy last night for the movies?
    We were the ones that got it going!
    Our next meeting is Saturday Oct 9th at 7:30 pm over at the Barnes and Noble bookstore.
    Hope to see ya there.
    And feel free to post on the boards as much as you can.Its the one way we can get to know you better.
    Eric
    City Rep
    Hoosier Alliance.

14. LITO-JEN_VELASHUU

LITO-JEN_VELASHUU Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 21, 2004
  15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Lito
    I am very happy you join us. I have been trying to think of your name for the last couple of months to ask you to join. I remember you from Walmart midnight madness on Ep 1 & 2.
    I think you will be a great asset to the Hoosier Alliance. Feel free to email me anytime for anything.
    Hope to see ya soon.

Eric

16. Legion3263827

Sep 20, 2004
    Hey there Eric,
    Sadly I was not able to make the midnight party and no I have not gotten my coppy just yet, but I will have it tomorrow even if I have to go to every store looking for it.
    I read the peice in the IDS yesterday about how the group got Best Buy to host the party. Thats so cool that even the stores want to have fun with something like a relese party.
    I will try to make it to your next meeting on the 9th. May I ask what all you do and if there is a member fee. Just for my own information.
    Well, I better get going I am at work so I hope to hear from you soon.
    Herb

17. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Sure Herb

Absolutely NO member fee's or due's.
    We just have a "Round" table discussion about everything SW.
    If you need any more info e-mail me.I will be happy to answer them for you.

Eric
    echo-3
    City Rep for the Hoosier Alliance.

18. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    Lito! Good seeing you again the other night at the DVD release, hadn't seen you since Ep. 2! Glad to see you joining up! Hope to see you at our next meeting.

john

19. Legion3263827

Sep 20, 2004
    I got the DVD's on Monday after work and just got finished with them last night and OMG do I love them. Just some of the changes that they did make a great movie even better. I can tell that these will get used and I better start thinking about getting another copy in case I wear this one out.
    Well, I better send this off and get to work. Hope to see you all next week.
    Herb

20. GoldLeader74

GoldLeader74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Hi everybody. It's nice to be here.
    My name is Gary Rainbolt, I work with Eric .
    I will be going to C3 with Eric and I hope to attend a few meeting's.
    MYFBWY

21. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Glad your aboard Gary.
    Every one here is very kind.You fit in fine.
    Eric

22. TheQueenMother

TheQueenMother Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    Hi,
    My name is Sara and I've been a fan since the 8th grade when my mom (bless her heart) thought it would be a wonderful idea to take me to the re-release of the original trilogy out at Showplace 11. She started this whole journey I've been on now for almost 9 years.
    I'd have to say, by far, my favorite character is Tenel Ka from the EU. Hence the sn and other things in my crazy life (car and laptop being named the Rock Dragon 1 and 2).
    I am planning on attending C3, in costsume, with my friend Molly (Jaina Solo). This will be my second trip but the first one wasn't that eventful and I I didn't really have that much fun.
    I am also planning on joining you at the meeting this Friday (Feb. 18th) if that would be alright with you. It's hard to imagine that being as big a fan as I am, and having lived here THAT ENTIRE TIME I was a fan I've never hooked up with you guys. I look forward to meeting you ALL this Friday and maybe partying around with you these next few eventful months.
    I also write fanfiction (I don't know how many of you are into that) and if you're interested you can either reply here (althought I'm not v. good with message boards) or e-mail me at pointyearedchic @ yahoo.com or sjdillon @ indiana.edu. I also have a livejournal (pointyearedchic as well) where you can find a link to my fanfiction journal if you so desire. :)
    Until then, MTFBWY. See you on Friday I hope. I'll be the little lost blonde in jeans and a black pea coat. If you see me say hey and direct me to the meeting place and Barnes and Nobel is rather big to this country girl.... :)

Sara D.
    The Queen Mother, Tenel Ka

23. Sword_of_SPEA

Sword_of_SPEA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Hello, I'm part of a duo with the girl above (Tenel Ka!). I'm Amelia (Molly), the Jaina Solo to her Tenel Ka. Our stories are pretty much the same, my dad took me to the re-release of A New Hope and it was all downhill (or up hill) after that. Though my dad denies all claim it was his fault (it's his fault for Lord of the Rings though).

I loved reading all the books and Jaina Solo is definantly my favorite character. I'm still surprised that I lived on the East Side my whole life and didn't know there were these meetings. Then again, I hang out with a blonde.

I can't make the upcoming meeting, I'm in D.C. for a confrence, but hopefully Sara will have a report for me. But I'm going to CIII and be at all the other meetings!

So, that's me in a very small nutshell. E-mail is the best way to get in touch with me (ahillike@indiana.edu)
    Force be with you!
    -Amelia

24. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    lady's thats awsome!!!!!!!
    The best Star Wars fans are girls!
    We would love for the both of you to come this Friday.

My name is Eric & I am the City Rep for the Hoosier Alliance. Feel free to email me anytime for any questions at all. I have tones of stuff to talk about this Friday so you wont be bored at all.

See ya soon.

Eric
    echo-3

25. TheQueenMother

TheQueenMother Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    *yippie* I feel welcome already. Sadly, it will just be me joining you this weekend as Jaina has to go to the capital to listen to a buncha lectures while I have to hold down the fort back here. But I promise to bring her to any other functions and March's meeting (as long as it's not during IU's spring break). Can't wait til Friday!!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.