main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Official "What's the Story?" Hyperspace Databank Feature Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by clonewarseu, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    This is exactly the entry that'll get me interested in doing these again.

Facts on Greejatus besides what's on the WTS page:

He's serving on as an advisor to Palpatine in Labyrinth of Evil. Here's the relevant passage:

He also, interestingly enough, appears in the Death Star Technical Companion. Not named, though; it's just a picture. He's on a page listing DS command staff, where his picture is captioned "Imperial Advisor", with the footnote "Usually aboard at Emperor's request". I should note that the DSTC is concerned with the first Death Star, which is why I think there may be something interesting there.

2. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    This guy is the second last. I think we're bound to get a very, very good guy for the last shot in December as well.

3. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    Congratulations, San!!! YOU DID IT!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] WOO! =D= Welcome to canon, buddy! I'm so happy for you, I hardly believed it when I saw your name down there, all little and inconspicuous, then I realized..."He made it!" You've worked long and hard for this and I'm glad to see your dream finally come true. I prayed hard for you, too, so I have some thanking of God to do tonight. [face_praying] :D

Your entry was really original and I enjoyed it alot. I'm very, very proud.

And I expect a fully detailed Behind-The-Scenes blog in the morning from you mister :mad:

[face_peace]

Four Dot, I pray you're next.

4. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    Oooh, ooh-- someone have a go at making the Jello's Palpatine-makeup idea canon!

5. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    Exar finally seems to have done it ! :) I think it's your best entry ever. There is a great difference between this one and your first entries. You have learned much :)

About Janus Greejatus. To be honest, I think it's not a good choice. There are still two Advisors in Episode VI without a name. Why wasn't one of them chosen? And the WTS page forgot to mention an important fact about Greejatus as well.

6. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    What, that he was the BlasTech poster-boy?

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/bb/BTCH01AB.JPG]

7. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    :eek: I WON!!!! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] :D To be honest I had given up the hope to win ever since Pablo told us WTS would end in 2008, wich we all hope to not happen. And my mind was on an importment appointment regarding my eyesight (wich is crappy, if contacts wont work I need a transplant) so this came as a total surprise when I opened MSN and saw the congrats of Somp coming trough.

Since this is an acceptance speech of sorts I have someone I would like to thank: Yodas Waiter. He has helped me ever since he won his own entry with Chyler by polishing up my entries to make them even better. I really feel like owing him now :), thanks mate :).

I also want to thank those who always believed in me and kept rooting for me: Somp, Hedec, Four Dot and the rest of you all.

Now I have some replies to the posts that came ever since the new candidate was posted:

@Four Dot: Yes, the club of no entry winners is quite empty now with only you. I really hope that you will be next and with 2 entries left and 4 or 5 left without knowing who won you sitll have lots of chances :). Funny enough my strong entry (out of 3 I send away, Niai was my second best with an entry of the Xexto Vendor actually being a fruit vendor working for Jira coming third) was quite simmiliar to yours: I also had attached the name Tosinqas to the face of the Vendor, also disguising him as a vendor to kill someone discreetly. I only had the rivalry between him and Reeft as a bigger part. Nice tie-ins included the species of Reefts master and with the fruitselliing for Jira entry I had given a last name for Jira.

@Hedec: Give your God a big thanks for me :) Expect the big Behind the Scenes blog next after writing this message and posting on some other forum that I have won.

@Somp: Thanks man, means a lot coming from you, a triple winner yourself. Now you better hurry and make those Wookieepedia pages for me and a more filled one for Niai cause its weird to see me as real name unknown ;). Its Sander de Lange btw for those who are wondering now :).

Oh yeah there is a new entry to write, Janus Greejatus, well I am actually looking forward to him :). And I am indeed curious on what facts they have forgotten Somp?

8. Sompeetalay

Sompeetalay Jedi Master star 2

Dec 17, 1999
    And nice work with Troiken's capital as well !

Just check the Wookiee - and Yodapedia entry about Janus. You'll find it very easily what is missing.

I had forgotten about the BlasTech poster ! It could be interesting :p

9. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Very heartfelt gratulations Xan. =D= [face_dancing] You've been struggling so much with this and it's great to see that you've finally made it. Enjoy it and relax, you're a part of Star Wars now, buddy! :D

Since this is an acceptance speech of sorts I have someone I would like to thank: Yodas Waiter. He has helped me ever since he won his own entry with Chyler by polishing up my entries to make them even better. I really feel like owing him now, thanks mate

It was my pleasure. :) It was great fun working with you and seeing all the great ideas you came up with. It seemed unfair that the only things standing in your way was the language barrier. And you don't owe me anything, as long as you give me credit for right-hand Xexto :p

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_whistling]

I suppose I ought to make my first little foray into WTS now. I don't have any fancy retcons or the like planned, but let's hope they have room for a true Loyalist. :)

11. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Congratulations, Exar_Xan. :)

I'm wondering how much someone would have to pay you to NOT include any references to Ars Dangor in your entry. :p

I'm only wondering, though, since A) I'd LIKE to see that reference, and B) I know none of us could afford it anyway, so it's an academic question. ;-)

12. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    Even though I dont contribute now, (since they said they were cancelling WTS i didnt renew), I am still hoping for a Coleman Kcaj entry. Really at this point any Jedi would do. I am just amazed a member of the Council has gone with out a story. With only two slots left, I hope he gets one. Or even a mention in a related entry.

13. Exar_Xan

Exar_Xan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 29, 2001
    Thanks Sarek. I noticed your name in the latest SW Insider btw with a question about Motti's first name :).

YW: I have given your credit in my behind the story blog located here:

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Given the Dangor/Greejatus mixup in the DSTC's command chart, a Dangor reference would have to be obligatory. :D

15. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    I'm confused. What is this important fact everyone is referring to? I've checked both Wookieepedia and the WTS page and I can't see any differance. What am I missing? :confused:

16. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    I think it's the fact that he's in Labyrinth of Evil. Maybe.

17. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    That would seem to be it. A rather important fact, given that it establishes a lower limit for how long he's been serving the Emperor.

One other detail I haven't seen mentioned yet - his SWCCG card lists him as being Force-sensitive. Now, the CCG fudged in this area before for game mechanical reasons (they list Thrawn as sensitive, too), but it's still something worth noting.

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hey, Exar Xan won finally!!! Congratulations, dude! I give your Niai entry four thumbs up. :cool:

19. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    DSSB could be read to imply the Imperial Advisors on the Death Star II are Force Sensitives.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Eh, they have a different mechanism behind Force sensitivity though. Their ability scores don't really mean much of anything.

21. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Right. On the other hand, the Force-sensitivity level did *usually* match up well with what was presented in other sources, with people like Thrawn being the exception rather than the rule.

22. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    After a long absense, I've decided to join in the game again. I just now finished my Janus entry. It's a bit ambitious, but then so are Imperial advisors... ;)

TC

23. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Hi! I'm back! I'm also on Hyperspace now! But I still can't use it properly!

Someone wanna post my entry to it for me until I can get it working??

Janus Greejatus was the senator of the Whitewash Sector and the planet Ravana during the crisis surrounding the Trade Federation and the election of Palpatine of Naboo. Greejatus was a friend of Palpatine from his old days as ambassador to Ravana, which was located near Mrykr, and was elected to Palpatine's chief council. With the beginning of the Clone Wars, Greejatus became an advisor to Supreme Chancellor Palpatine and would end up working with the former senator from Balmorra, Sim Aloo.

Towards the end of the war, with the Republic liberating countless worlds, General Grievous, the supreme commander of the Confederacy of Independent Systems forces, attacked Ravana, killing hundreds and enslaving the native humans and desert-dwelling Ravanans. Greejatus was devastated by the loss of his homeworld, as his wife, Mivar, and his eight children were on the planet at the time. Palpatine comforted his advisor and used Sith magic to turn Greejatus' heart to stone. At the end of the Clone Wars, Greejatus was a monster and butcherer as well as corrupt.

After the rebellion of his homeworld, Greejatus and his family led the destruction of their homeworld. The cold-hearted bureaucrat made it seem that the Jedi, long thought destroyed were behind it, even implicating Jedi Knight Sha Koon, who was still at large. Mirav later died from an assassin attempt set about by Palpatine when he grew annoyed with his Inner Council. Sim Aloo also barely managed to escape as Greejatus' oldest son, Kalen, was killed protecting his father's friend. Palpatine decided that the pair should become his chief advisors, replacing Sly Moore and Dar Wac.

Two years after his promotion, Greejatus decided to assassinate Sate Pestage, the chief magistrate and vizier to the Emperor. The assassination attempt failed and he and Aloo were implicated for it. The pair redeemed themselves by declaring one of Palpatine's chief aides, Mas Amedda, was helping several Jedi in hiding on Coruscant. Amedda was executed by Darth Vader and Ars Dangor of Naboo took the Chagrian's place. Dangor joined Greejatus and Aloo in their ploting against several other members of the Inner Council.

Following the destruction of the first Death Star, the Emperor authorised the construction of a second one, ordering no delays compared to the nineteen years it took to complete the first one. Greejatus inlisted Prince Xizor and Xizor Transport Systems in supplying the destruction and showed his own corruptness by ordering the Geonosian ambassadors to stay on their home planet and die.

Prior to the Battle of Endor, Greejatus, Aloo, Dangor, Kren Blista-Vanee (the former senator to Iseno) and Mangor Janikk (the former senator to Commenor) accompanied Palpatine to the second Death Star. There, the group watched the attack on the Rebel Fleet from the command centre with Moff Jerjerrod. When the battle turned against the Empire, however, the advisors abandoned the superweapon and took shuttles to the nearest Star Destroyers. Greejatus and Aloo arrived on the Star Destroyer Devastator just before it was destroyed by members of Blue Squadron, the Corellian Corvette Masanya and the Mon Calamari Star Cruiser Silver Water. Dangor escaped to the Avenger and left for the core while Blista-Vanee and Janikk were killed on the Vehement and Visage.

24. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    What do you think?

25. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
    You're about 1200 characters over the limit. For What's the Story, you've got to trim it down to 2000 characters (with spaces included) before you can submit it. Once you do that, just log in on the OS, sign into Hyperspace, find Member Extras, and select What's the Story. Copy-and-past your 2000 character entry into the nice white box and hit the button to submit. Good luck!

EDIT: On a side note, I'm still working on my Janus entry. I've got some notes, but nothing cohesive yet. It's so hard because "corrupt politician" has been done TO DEATH and I'm trying to do something a little different, but keep it "familiar". This is certainly a challenge. [face_thinking]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.